title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 24, 2017

The weather outside is delightful, but my Dear you are so frightful..........

.....wait.  That's not the way that songs goes, is it?

The weather IS delightful!!  low to mid 70's--my perfect temperature.  Still in the cool 40's at night.  No annuals planted in Michigan as yet--we all know about last frosts and even late snow.

I am waiting for this next weekend.  That is when I am going to haul my garden and porch decorations out of the shed, hang up the wind chimes, bring out the pots and get them situated where they belong.

I need to paint the porch steps and the railings--the squirrels I feed all winter have done a bad number on my porch railings.  Dug off the paint and gotten the railings all dirty with their little muddy paws!

Today, I worked all morning on the newest genealogy, laundry was chugging away in the washer.  Every time I took a bathroom break, I'd fold the ones in the dryer, throw in the wet ones and put another load in the washer.

At noon I took my break.  Noon news and weather, small sandwich, then my Soap and at 2:00 the TV goes off.  I usually get back to the computer work, but today I had to make a run up to the Walmart.  It was pretty quiet today.  I had to get wet and dry cat food, litter, Scotch Tape and typing paper and a tension rod for something I want to try.  Also some fruit and salad makings for me and of course, the obligatory Diet Pepsi. and gallon of milk.  HAH!
========================
I have never seen my Tulips open this wide!




...and the Gold Finches are back!!!!!!! 
Which reminds me, I must get my bird bath situated.

If my tension rod idea works, I will show you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. "tension rod idea"

    Should we be afraid?

    Again?

    >,-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you've got planned for a tension rod but I didn't know you can still even buy them. I thought they went out of style with saddle shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outside looks so pretty and I love the finch photo. So nice. Today was a really productive day here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our goldfinches have lost their muted winter colors and are bright yellow again. I love it.
    Our weather has been cold (low 50s) and rainy the last couple of days, but will turn warm again very soon. Your tulips are beautiful, Judy.
    I don't miss having to paint that wrap-around porch and bench at our last house. I had to do a little something every single year just to keep up with it. It was like painting Alcatraz, by the time I finished, it was time to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the weather this time of year, even the rain! I saw people planting flowers in our sub on Sunday. Hope they got the covers ready! Anxious to see your tension rod idea.

    ReplyDelete