title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Good Day

Another day of windows and doors open to let in the 72 degree air.  My gosh.  I love this time of year!!  

All of my windows have blinds.  I hate the top of the blinds contraption to show.  Therefore, I am obsessed with Valances.  I was sitting in the bathroom looking at my back door last weekend and I thought to myself, "It has no character.  Just a back door, with a window and blinds.

So, when I went to Walmart yesterday, I bought a tension rod = $2.37, screwed it out to the correct width and put one of the valances I took out of the den and put on it.

I love it!!  Dressed it up a bit.  Considering the fact I rarely use that door, I don't think it will ever get in my way.



The garden around the Lilac bushes that Karen edged for me.
Hostas coming up in there too.


The view out my kitchen window by my table.
I have another surprise for tomorrow.  A cross stitch I was working on that is now blocked and stretched on foam core.

8 comments:

  1. You are such a busy bee around the house. I wish I had a passion for cleaning. I used to have but it went some place and I'm waiting for it to return.

    Your door looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you have a social life. I do not, so I have a lot more time than you do. I have no excuse for NOT keep the house clean, but it gets messed up real quick. I lay things down instead of putting them where they belong. The next thing you know--clutter! HAH!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh yes, that perfect weather, when it comes! Always makes me wish I lived somewhere, where it was perfect, all year round. As if such, existed. Plus, I would get to hating it, eventually. Need my 4 seasons, even thought I dislike this and that...

    Ahhhh, a tension rod. Meaning, it has to be, between 2 like-posts. In your case, the inner door frame. Since doors open out, think you could even use it, and if careful, not disturb your nice valance. Cool idea!!!

    Don't you just love those "Ahhh-Hahhhh" moments?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice touch to the door. Valances and curtains seem to soften the miniblind look. Can't wait to see the cross stitch project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's the smallest of things that can brighten your whole day! I'm totally NOT into cleaning either. But since I live in one small room, I do have to keep things picked up. Today I think I am going to further organize the toiletries ... put the bathroom basket into more defined containers ... teeth, hair, nails, lotions, etc. Easier to carry and some things I can do IN my room after my shower. ENJOY your spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning I should be doing it more often...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the much hated blinds, but before, we had to have ugly old shades which the cat shredded. Now she's broken a couple of shades, too. My Son and family have bought a home that has plantation blinds, and the cats ignore! I live them, and I love your valance gotta se if I can get going onto something, myself!

    Jude--I really need some--a lot--of your energy! Can y9u please ESP--or whatever method you have--to me! )Not kidding!) I don't have any, and I'm in a low period right now. Your blog, and a few more are (is?) one of my saving graces! Bless you lady!! Keep it up!
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all you do.
    Do not like anything at windows
    in the past plantation shutters.
    here blinds - have to have something to shut at night
    and for sun. Wish I could have nothing..

    ReplyDelete