title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday Moaning

If you haven't become acquainted with or read this young man's blog--you must start now!

I subscribed to his blog so I see it in my e-mail, first thing in the morning, and his words make my whole day better.  Sean of the South, here.
===================================
The Prednisone is working!  Now, if I could just keep my sinuses from draining and causing that "clumping" feeling in the back of my throat, so I don't feel like I have to cough, which irritates my voice, I should live.  I have started taking Claritin, hoping to keep my sinuses dry.

It's a good thing too because I have all sorts of stuff I need to get done.  I have pedigrees I need to get to the print shop to be copied and then put in the books, get the books bound and mailed.  

I need to get PT scheduled and my CT lung scan scheduled.  I need to get on the phone and fight with Comcast to get my bill corrected and I have hardly anything to eat in this house.

Plus, there is laundry I didn't do over the weekend and vacuuming and dusting, and I need a hair-cut bad and need to find a new hair stylist.

ARGGH!  I'm tired already just thinking about all of it.
======================
Saturday afternoon, I was sitting in my chair, watching a movie and cross-stitching, when I heard a knock at the front door.  I remained sitting waiting for Dar or John or Merle to just walk in as they usually do, but the knock came again, so I hauled outta my chair and opened the door.

It was Jennifer!!!!!

Last week was her week to work in Michigan.  She had to drive from New Jersey, down to Philadelphia to get out of the snow storm so she could catch a flight into Detroit, but she made it.

She brought goodies for me to eat, a nice Rib-Eye Steak and a frozen Lobster tail!!!  And a washed, baking potato, shrink wrapped in plastic.  You don't take it out of the plastic--just put it in the microwave and nuke it like that.  Amazing and it was sooooooo good loaded with butter!

We had a nice chat, that didn't last near long enough.  Some of the incidences she told me about that she has gone through, getting out of meetings in the evening and having to walk to her car alone in the dark in the big cities.  Being accosted by a drug addict wanting money.  

She has a great life, very interesting and important to a lot of people, setting up Non-Profit organizations for the poor and under-privileged, but all of it just scares me.  None of which is her monthly air plane flights into and out of here.

She told me all about what the kids are involved in.  It was a wonderful time and I didn't cry at all--until after she drove away.

How I enjoy one-on-one visits.  I wish my kids would stop in more often.  
======================
Then, this morning, I found out, via Face Book, that apparently all the kids and Karen's kids and great grand daughter Della, got together Sunday at Pammies and.........I wasn't invited.  I don't know why that hurt, but it did.  How I would have loved that.  Just to sit back in a corner and watch them all interact with each other.  

I guess it's like their Sibling weekend they have up north at Karen's cottage.  I would ruin their time together?  Boy--it would be great to just be with all of my kids, all at the same time.  It's been a very long time since that has happened.

I think i t's because I remember back to the days when we all were together and had such a good time.  So much laughter and jokes and such a feeling of love in the house.  Now, it's like, I am off to the side and the next time we ALL get together, will be my funeral--except I won't be there.
===================
Enough of this maudlin, pity party--Dear Diary, I have things I have to do in this moment in time, on this day. 

As she says, "Onward and upward--ever forward"!

20 comments:

  1. your really going to be exhausted when you actually do all of those things!! i am going to check out sean's blog AND good thing you got up for jennifer!!

    is it ok that you leave your door unlocked?? that worries me a little - anyone could just walk in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not sure i read the title first go around!!! monday moaning, now that's good!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Jennifer visited with you, Judy. I know that did your heart good. I'm at a loss about what to say regarding all the siblings get together; I guess because I don't that many. But, I do know if it had happened my mom would be been mad as an old hen. You're a strong woman!

    I've been friends with Sean quite a long time; my friend Kat introduced him on FB. He has a wonderful way with words, that's for sure.

    Hope you continue to feel better health wise; glad the steroids kicked in. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY for the Prednisone ! You are going to fall in love with it. :-)))))

    Glad for the visit, you got. Sad for the FB info, you got. Up one, down one. -sigh-

    Enjoy the Prednisone !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Your comment on my post....

    Don't think the tracks could be a coyote. :-) Don't think we have them, around here.

    Sometimes bears come into town. And moose come, farther south. But never heard of coyotes, around here. So I'm gonna' stick with rabbit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm with Debbie!

    You leave your door unlocked???????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great visit with Jennifer. Gonna treasure all of those you get.

    It's hard to understand why families exclude the oldest members of a family when they get together but I don't think it's all that uncommon. Siblings have a a long history of interacting without a parent around and they just don't think it's a big deal to keep doing it when that parent gets elderly. The tenor of conversations change with a parent around. It's just life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of our girls live very close to us. Two of them come quite often, the oldest is so involved with teaching, grading papers, and church activites that we don't see her as much. So it's hard for me to imagine being excluded. Now, if they'd just bring food...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Valentine surprise! Fabulous dinner for you!! And fun to get in some chat time with Jennifer. Win/win.

    Here it is Monday morning and I still don't know if I'm babysitting the boys tomorrow! I am a plan ahead kinda gal and usually 5 minutes early. Always have book or crossword puzzle or something to do while I wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very nice that Jennifer visited you. I'm sure it did your heart good! I'm surprised that you weren't invited to Pammies. She seems to be the most considerate of your kids. I hope you are not feeling too bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I understand about visiting children
    Miss mine so much, all smart, traveling and busy :(
    What would I do without the computer as it seems their main
    contact with me.
    You had my favorite meal - steak and lobster.
    Stay well - have test done and a lot of them I no longer do.
    No help with arthritis that is progressing and just stay busy
    and try to not have a pity party....
    I sure would never leave my doors unlocked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I was tired reading your to-do list. Thanks for the blog recommendation. It is indeed very interesting. I shall subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you weren't invited, Judy. It hurts to be left out. I am glad you got to see Jennifer, though. That's wonderful. Really glad yo got a steak out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better. Do not leave your door unlocked. Someone tried to kick my door open this past weekend! It is terrifying. Happy you got to visit Jennifer. Vickie OKC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for telling us about Sean, Judy. I have been sitting here reading for the past hour. Great posts!
    Glad you are feeling better and had a one-on-one with Jennifer. I love one-on-ones with our kids. They are the best!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to know where she got that shrink-wrapped meal!?????

    I would have been hurt too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad the Prednisone is working and you are on the mend! Jennifer dropping by...my jaw fell to the floor when I read this. I hope she treasured every minute of your visit.

    I feel your pain at being left out of the weekend get together. I guess it makes sense for them, but it doesn't make sense for you and you're who I care about!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. just read
    Sean of the South
    Reminds me of a lot
    in my Southern Life :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad Jennifer dropped in--I hope she'll make a habit of it. Since my daughter died at 31 in '98, I don't have a daughter to drop in! And they seem to more.
    I really don't depend on seeing my son as much. He has a wife now--she is his family, and he has his kids. They invite us to come...he was at my bedside in May when I had the pulmonary embolism. Somehow, I've lost the feeling that my DIL are now as close as we were---but she is in her 40s now, and has a lot going on. I just have to take what I can get of that little family. Now that David has Crohn's, so much has changed.
    Her mother lives with them in their mother in law suite since they've bought an new house. (There are no bedrooms on the first floor, and her suite is in the basement and I can't climb stairs very well anymore.) My son gets to see a lot of her--and she is healthy and much "perkier" than I am anyway.
    It's life--I can't do anything about what they do or do not do--as you can see, you're not alone in this. I just have to let go of that thinking, and enjoy what time I get with them, and pray for them!
    Wish I could get some of that Prednisone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am able to see all of my four together lots more often now, and it is nice. But then, three of them live within ten minutes' drive so I see them all the time. For many years that wasn't the case. That was nice of Jennifer to remember you, busy as she is. xoxo

    ReplyDelete