title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Is it spring or is winter just around the corner?

Don't any of you have to answer those kinds of medical/health/social questions?  I have too every year for my Medicare Wellness check.  When I go in for my mammogram, I have to fill out a questionnaire--same at the PT office.  When I go in for my lung CT scan, I probably will again.  Then they ask the required questions like. Do you have black lung disease.  Are you a veteran. Do you have insurance through an employer and of course, with each new medical doctor, they inform you of the HIPPA regulations.

Sometimes I make funny notations, if I am writing the answers myself.  Like the "Are you sexually active?"  I write, "Only in my dreams."  or "Not at the moment."  Stuff like that--just to give them a laugh or throw them a curve.  One time I put down, "None ya."  (None ya business.)

This kind of paperwork is ridiculous.  Sometimes they give me an I-Pad to use and the pen they give me never works on the dang thing.  I think they may use these questionnaires for government surveys or polls of some kind.  The government likes their statistics and demographics.  Someone is working in an office in DC, making $100K a year just to record all the stats on how many women/men over 70 are sexually active.  HAH
========================

Beautiful day today.  Sunny and 67 degrees.  Tomorrow we are expecting a cold front to come through and along with it....severe thunder storms and.........tornadoes?  Yeah--we are going to have a tornado watch.  In February.  In Michigan.  Weirdest February I have ever lived through.  

I had a strange moment today.  I had to run up to Walmart for cat food and prescriptions.  Had a nice shopping trip, got home, unloaded with no problems, put everything away and sat down to relax.  All of a sudden, I had the strongest ache for missing Fred.  Tears just started running down my cheeks--and you all know---I never cry.

It came so quickly and for no known reason, but it was deep and it was hurtful.  I almost felt like he was near--just out of reach.  Very strange.  Very palpable pain and sadness.  I don't know why.




14 comments:

  1. I've had some of the social questions you were asked in this and the last post but only on the Wellness Test once a year and even there I've never been asked the sexually active question.

    Ohmygod, I had one of those moments today, too, where tears came down my cheeks, missing Don and that rarely happens to me anymore. It was 3:30ish. I wrote about it for my Saturday blog. Maybe the strange weather is getting to us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope ... have not been asked these ... yet. I will be getting the Wellness test in May so I'll keep you posted.

    My heart goes out to both of you. And it is curious that both instances occurred today! Yikes. I hope happy memories worked their way up to the surface after the sadness.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one every ask the people out in field what going on...I have every task broke down to minutes....Laundry less then 15 minutes.
    With all of our snow not much sign of spring. Except the sign on county road the road break up.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my wellness exam, they asked if I cooked, could go up stairs, stuff like that. No questions on sex or if it was spring or winter (wouldn't know how to answer that one with our recent weather, ha!). I have had a mini-cog before: the one where you have to remember three unrelated words after drawing a clock that depicts a certain time that they given you. Drawing the clock is just to distract you. But if you draw a crazy clock, that tells them a little something, too. :/

    We've had a weird February, too. It's been creepy warm. Things are starting to bloom. It's not time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best.....I love your comments about the absurd form-filling-out we are all made to do on such a regular basis. It seems so bizarre, but you are probably right bout someone having a job to compile it all. This fairly new dr. I have doesn't remember a thing about who I am from visit to visit. I miss my former physician, Mary. She never forgot a thing.

    I, too, have had those moments where grief comes back and hits so deeply. The deeper you love, the harder its seems to be and I know how very much you loved Fred. He really touched your soul. May you find comfort somehow in his closeness at those times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehehe, i hear ya!!! i just had my mammo - first period - last period...ummm, i didn't know last year and i still don't know this year.

    and race - i always write "no races for me, i'm getting too old"

    i don't know your fred story, but i do know if you cried...you are lucky to have had love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred story
      https://judeself.blogspot.com/2017/01/five-years-seems-like-yesterday.html

      Delete
  7. Yes, I do have to answer a sheet or 2, of questions.

    To some, it's not their business.

    Oh but you have to be sure to answer NO, to; "Do you have something private, to talk to the doc about?"<---Which points to abuse at home.

    But I would not answer such no-reason questions as; how often do you go to church? -- Do you go to Senior Center? - Do you visit relatives? - Etc. None-of-anyone's-business!!! Especially a gov. bureocrat, collecting data.

    Geeeeeee, if they give Trump a chance, maybe he can get rid of that piece, of the Washington Swamp!!!!

    And let's not forget, how FL docs can, by (Liberal) law, ask if a patient has a gun???? And refuse care, and refuse a referral, if the patient says Yes. What???!!!????

    How dare a person, who's job it is, to put a stethescope to a patient's heart--- How dare they put it, to the patient's gun closet???

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's a Medicare Wellness Test?????

    And I am days from being 80, btw.

    We haven't had such...

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a yearly physical check-up--free from Medicare. Ask your doc about it.

      Delete
  9. I am very sorry for your pain and loss.

    Which does nothing... I simply say it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the "nearness" sometimes, and break out in tears. But, I also believe that's normal and actually refreshing.

    Judy, did you try to 'copy and paste' the site about the free baby blanket crochet (Charlotte's blog). That's what I did, and it came up. :)

    ReplyDelete