title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fickle

Fickle--the weather that is.  Near 80 yesterday, only up to 51 today.  I woke up early and was so cold---probably why I woke up.  The bedroom window was open a bit and I closed it and snuggled back in bed, but couldn't recapture sleep.

I got up and went into the living room to turn the thermostat from "off" back to "heat" and my sweet furnace came on and had us warmed up to 71 in no time.

Decided that I should stay up, so I jumped on the computer for a couple of hours.

After my Soap, I traveled into Brighton to get my hair cut.  It was way too long.  Now, it's way too short.  It should be just about perfect in two weeks.  That perfection will last perhaps a day or two and then--it will be unruly and way too long again.  ARGGH!

On my way to the salon, I passed the Meijer gas station and noticed gas was $ 2.29 a gallon.  I was a bit less than half full, so on the way back home--exactly 38 minutes later, I stopped in at that gas station.  Gas was now $2.55 a gallon.  I had already determined I was only going to put $20.00 in, but still--20.00 at $2.29 a gallon would have filled it up.  I get grumpy when things like this happen and just want to slap someone--anyone.  ARGGH!

I also had to pick up some milk--I have been out for nearly a week and I miss my warm cocoa in the morning.  They did not have my fat free/skim milk--only regular full strength milk.  Oh well--it will be good for me.

I came home, snuggled into my recliner and just crocheted the rest of the afternoon.

Today was gray, cold, sprinkly with a chilly wind, which to me equals, a perfect day to snuggle in and crochet or cross stitch or read.

Maybe tomorrow will be better?

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the crazy weather we're having here in Michigan. I'm not putting my winter coat away until July at this rate. I am sick of being cold!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Same crazy weather here in Connecticut, just a day later. So warm I turned the AC on to sleep, Only to find it's in the 50's this morning!

    I figure a day without Dar is a good day LOL.
    Wishing you a heartwarming day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely some fickle weather we're having! Air on two days ago...heat this morning! Gah!

    ReplyDelete