title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Upright.

I am upright and on the topside of the sod.

When I woke up early this morning, I didn't know if by the end of the day, that statement would be true!  Geez Louise!

Woke up at 6:45 with bad headache,  Took my BP: 189/72.  Popped my two BP meds and back to bed.  When I got up at 8:30, my head was very "thick" AND I had to drive up to Wal-Mart to get my other new med: Lasix.  I felt disoriented and kind of groggy--good thing I only had 2.5 miles to drive.

When I got back to my car, I immediately took one of the Lasix with water and came back home.    My neck felt like it couldn't support my head.  Bad ache in the base of my skull, but the ache in the top of my head receded.  Although I have been told I am not to take Ibuprofen (Advil) or Aleve because they both can cause stomach bleeding, especially because I am on a blood thinner, I figured that would only occur if I took them everyday, so I popped two Advil.

I had to drive down to the Chiropractor this afternoon and made it there and home.  At least my neck felt better.  I took my BP and it was at 164/65, which was a lot better and, because of the Lasix, I was peeing like a broken water main.  I also took my Potassium.

Well--tonight I am feeling much better although,  extremely tired.  My pulse rate is back in the mid-forties, which I don't like, BUT my BP is at 151/62.  The top number still too high, but I think that will correct in a few days.  I just might lose the 4 pounds I gained last week--no doubt edema, although my ankles never swelled, and with my skinny ankles, I can tell quickly if I have swelling.

So--I think I just might make it to fight another day. I did manage to get my 4 loads of laundry done, without too much effort, but tonight I have noticed the Lasix is making me a bit dizzy==one of it's main side effects.  That's why I hated the other water pill!!  The good news?  A 30 day supply only cost me $1.25.  

Here it is, the 15th of the month and I only have $11.00 in the checking account, but the good news is, all the bills are paid, the car is full of gas AND I just got a notice, that because I have a $50.00 a month dentist bill, they raised my food assistance from 16 to $35.00 a month, which will go into effect on the 21st.  Whew.

Then I remembered, my "adopted" daughter Chris, had given me a Wal-Mart gift card last month to buy myself a bouquet--which I didn't have the chance to do, so.....I can at least get some milk and food if I need too.

Everything is going to be all right and I'll be fine!

Hey--thanks for all your comments.  For a time, I thought perhaps my blog had gone invisible and I didn't know it.  I think I write posts that are sometimes way too long.  It's the "writer" in me.  I get started and I just keep rolling along, putting in descriptions and conversations.

It might also be that I get lonely and the comments left make me feel like friends are near.  Thanks.   

11 comments:

  1. Dear, dear Judy. I love your blog....and I will be better about leaving comments. In fact, I love your blog so much, I may start writing again in mine (haven't for 3 years now?). I am praying for you....blood pressure can be a tricky thing. And a scary one. I hope you'll get back to your doctor if it doesn't level out.
    Hugs!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd better get your self back on track or I'm coming over there to give you a good scolding. You scare me! Be especially careful with the dizzy spells. You don't need a fall on top of the headaches and everything else going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your long posts.

    Those BP readings of yours are awfully high. I get anxious when mine are around 140/80 at the doctor's office, but I have white coat syndrome and don't really worry too much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hope you continue to feel better. Also, I love your posts so don't worry about how long they are. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read you blog, no matter how long your posts are.

    I hope you continue to feel better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, I'm so glad you're top side of the sod. You're in my heart, friend, whether I'm showing up here or not. I recall your doctor extended your time between appointments to 6 months. Do you sense a visit to him (or her) sooner might help?

    It is dynamite your food assistance budget more than doubled. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care my friend, I am sure you just need to get used to all the new med's and all this has got you in a bit of a tizzy. I am like Cheyenne I have white coat syndrome and am off the charts when I go in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy,
    A relief to know you are somewhat better. That is the same sort of thing that was going on with me before (and almost prevented) my knee replacement surgery. I truly do not like that disoriented/fuzzy headedness that can occur.
    Glad you are OK with money and what you need.
    May you have sunny energetic days come your way. Fondly, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just left two comments, but they disappeared. Maybe this time will work.

    I'm catching up. Just read your previous post. Sorry I haven't commented lately. Things are a little crazy here. I laughed when you told your doc that you wouldn't have a colonoscopy. I had one last year and I told my doc that it would be my last.

    I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get back on track and stay there.

    Karen and Maddie did a wonderful thing. They actually changed lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moly - glad you are feeling better. I am trying to get off blood pressure meds, and I am too young to need them (in my opinion!!). It's such a pain. The side effects make you wonder which is worse, the condition or the effects of the cure.
    Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete