title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hello!

Toughest six days I've had in a long time.  BUT--I think I am finally settling in and I feel much better today.  I have switched around the new meds--like taking one at a different time of day, and splitting one in half and taking 1/2 at 8:00 and the other 1/2 at noon.  Yes--self diagnosing and medicating, but I have researched these meds and I am doing the same thing the doc would do.

My blood pressure is reasonable now..and my pulse rate has stabilized into the 40's range, which is still too low, but I can live with it.

I kid you not--I've have been through some interesting things.  Not only dizziness, and a mild seizure thingie, but hallucinations and hearing voices.  Really.

Friday, I came out of the bathroom and headed to my chair.  About half-way there, I thought I was going to pass out.  When I got to the chair, I put my hand on the arm and sat down on the box next too it.  I looked at the chair and couldn't remember exactly what it was or how to get on it.  Scary--thought I had had a T.I.A.

I was sitting in this computer room and saw a bright red, blue and yellow plastic ball rolling down the street out in front.  I stood up to get a better look and there was no ball there.  Another time I saw a man walking down the street in front, but when I looked out the window, there was no one.

I tried to heat up a bowl of Chili in the microwave and couldn't remember how.  I decided to put it back in the refrigerator, but later when I went to get it to try again, it wasn't in the frig.  I thought maybe I had eaten it after all, but I started opening cupboards and the stove and...found it on the top rack in the dishwasher!

I thought I had had a stroke or Alzheimer's had set in fast!!

I canceled all my appointments for two weeks, because I certainly can't drive.  I will go into the doc's office on Tuesday morning to get blood drawn to see how my Potassium level is,  I have a regular appointment with him on May 7th, hope to have this figured out by then.

Sorry I couldn't post much as my eyes were very blurry and I couldn't remember some words.
======================

I am feeling better and today, went outside and looked at all my gardens and set up my porch railing planters to get ready to plant in a couple of weeks.

I did get something accomplished, as I have mostly sat in my recliner for the past week.  I got my fifth quilt done to go into the great grandbabies box of quilts.







I think I need a new crochet project--kind of tired of cross stitching.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - woman, you better be careful! I hope you can get someone to drive you for the blood work.!

    Your cross stitching is so very beautiful, Judy. Those little blankets are adorable.

    Please be careful.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really concerned. It sounds like you've had a T.I.A. Are you sure you should be waiting until the 7th to go back to the doctor? It sounds like you've got more than enough data to report if you can get in next week instead of waiting that long! Take care of yourself and I hope you've let Pammie know what's going on so she can keep track of you. Don't let your pride of being independent get in the way of common sense. This is serious stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jean. You should NOT be self medicating, or Diagnosing, You should go see your DR. and let him make the decisions. What you are doing could be DANGEROUS. A former Emergency Dept RN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Judy, please be careful! I agree with the other ladies that you should try to see a doctor sooner.

    Your quilts are just beautiful. I wish I had the patience (and the skill!) to do such lovely work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quilts are so darned cute. I did one or two for my daughter when she was tiny.
    Well, I hope you can get those meds straightened out...some of those things you talked about are pretty scary. I would be at the doctor's office first thing Monday morning.
    Yes, I know Erik Jones...he is an up and coming driver and will be in the big leagues running with the big dogs very soon. Good kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Medications can really affect you
    as I have been there and like you
    lately can figure out myself.
    Almost have thoughts of not returning to a doctor again.
    Love you baby quilts.
    I know in my heart
    you will be fine
    just like me.
    We are not ready to call it quits yet .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,
    I'm very worried. Please call your doctor and tell him your symptoms. It could be a T.I.A. It's particularly concerning because you were just diagnosed with A-fib. You can't be sure, and it doesn't hurt to be cautious. You have a lot of people who are concerned about you. Have you told Pam or Karen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with the ladies above - please please call your doctor's office. This is not okay. Especially with such a low pulse. I'm worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I echo everyone's concern. We're not doctors, which leaves us in the dark. I wonder if this disorientation is linked to medication interaction, because this confusion coincides with this new regimen. Yet it may also be TIA. Has a pacemaker ever been proposed to bring up your heart rate? My Dad got one (at 100 ) and it really invigorated him. Also, there's a drink mix I've been taking that adds more oxygen to my blood, which is making me feel more alert. I'm so glad you have investigated so much online. You're one smart cookie, and can grill the doctor to work this all out!

    We all care so much. We're in this together. Praying for you. With hugs from Connecticut : -)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilts are beautiful (my favourite is the second one) but I'm really worried to hear about your problems with all your medications. Please go back to the doctors and tell them what has been going on! Jx

    ReplyDelete