title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 27, 2015

Hip Hip Hooray!

I can't explain how great I feel today!

I think I found the one new med that was causing all my problems.  Didn't take it yesterday and today, I have not been wobbley or disoriented and only a bit dizzy and I know that is from the water pill.

I researched that new med--Clonidine.  It helps lower BP, but it is also used for ADHD, anxiety, to help people stop addictions, etc.  So, it is also an anti-psychotic med and I sure as heck don't need that.  I recognized my symptoms because they were exactly like the ones I had when a doc put me on Seroquil and Effexor and when I tried Chantix years ago.  I was falling down, having mini seizures.

I already take an anti-depressant, anti-anxiety med, I sure didn't need another one messing up my head.

My BP has been so good today--in the 130-140 ranges with diastolic in the mid 50's.  While my pulse rate is still in the 40's low 50's--it's been that way for two years now.

You should see the report I have kept and giving to the doc.  He will see exactly every med I took, when I took it, my BP every 4 hours and what I felt like each day.

I'm a good guinea pig!!!
==================
Dar was over today and I did not take my BP after she left because I was scared it would be way high.

She walked in and said, "Are you all right?"

I said, "No!"

and she said, "Me either.  I went over to tell my brother and sister-in-law goodbye, but they had left at 7:00 this morning.  My other sister-in-law told me that they said they were going to leave before I got there because they were afraid I'd get hysterical.  Well, I got hysterical all right, but it was because I didn't get to say good-bye.  Daddy is leaving on the 13th, my birthday and then...I will be all alone."

"Sorry."

"I just don't think I am going to be able to take it!!!"

"Good thing you have a job to keep you occupied."

...and the rest was all about her.  She didn't come over to check on me.  She came over to dump on me.  Once again--


but--I don't care.  I watched my soap, did the laundry and worked on my How To book the rest of the afternoon.

Then I watched an hour of the riots in Baltimore.  I swear those people act like ignorant savages.  They don't fear the authorities anymore and the cops are so scared of being sued, they don't do their jobs.

30 years ago, while visiting a friend in Baltimore, I saw how unreasonable the police could be to blacks--because I was with one, in a group of blacks that weren't doing a thing.  Now, they've killed this kid because they arrested him for "making eye contact" with them?  Similar to what it was like 30 years ago, so I know t his police brutality has gone on there for a long time.

But now, these damn black kids think they are entitled to loot and steal and burn and throw rocks at the cops?

Turn a water cannon on them!  Shoot them with rubber bullets.  Make them a bit scared so they will think next time.

This is a no win situation in our country and I place the blame for it squarely on the person who lives in the White House.  He has empowered them to think they can get away with this crap--telling them, "that boy could have been my son" and Sharpton and all the rest of the race baiters!

Dear Dr. King, God bless him,  must be spinning in his grave!!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've been checking in off and on all day hoping you'd blog today. I still think you should get into see your doctor sooner rather than waiting but...at least the worse seems to be over.

    I'm not touching your comments about the riots with a ten foot pole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you figured out what was causing your dilemma with the meds.

    And I agree with you 100% about the riots and all that is going on in this country these days. There is no shame anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a question, though. When Michigan State students riot, burn and loot after Big Ten ballgames---which you know happens---do you also blame their behavior on the president? What about Hell Night riots, is he to blame for those, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better! It would be so scary to go through all that weird stuff that you went through.

    As far as the riots in Baltimore, all I can say is that I'm always amazed by the concept of destroying your own city. What does that accomplish? It's insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better, Judy! That had to have been scary and those were classic symptoms of Alzheimer's, too! I also am disgusted with what's going on in Baltimore and totally agree with everything you say! Crazy what they can get away with anymore! I figure it's just a matter of time before something happens in Detroit or Flint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better! I so appreciate your voice of reason!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to know you're feeling better. I really don't think doctors check enough
    into what we're already taking before they prescribe something else.

    I agree with your comments on Baltimore. It's sickening as is a lot of things that are going on under this administration. I know we're all entitled our own opinions; I just
    wonder if some go along "party" lines no matter who the leaders are. Otherwise, why can't they see what's right before them. I mean, I'm a dumb blonde but if I can see & understand I wonder why others don't. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thrilled you figured out that one medication was interacting badly with you. You go, girl!

    About the Baltimore situation. That's been a powder keg a long time, like you experienced, and I heard about from my last boyfriend when I visited him frequently in Baltimore. I will not pass judgment. I haven't walked in their shoes, only my own. Our God is a forgiving one, or else I'd never have been allowed the time to learn what I needed to. Perhaps important lessons are being learned in Baltimore, the lessons of love, and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete