title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, June 12, 2014

The E-Mail

Received this e-mail late last night from Jen.



Hi there,

Thank you for your card.

 I do not hold any grudges against you. However, it is not going to be easy for any of us to trust you again.

Sorry, but Eric doesn't want to be at Madeleine's open house with you. Do you know what times you plan on being there? I figured you'd probably go early, and you usually don't stay too long, so we'd go after. Does that work for you? 

I hope you are well, J=
==============================


Pammie told me that Eric didn't have a problem with me--however--I guess little Miss Passive-Agressive still does?

I waited all day and just replied:  "I will leave at 7:15."

You know why?  Because I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with both of us there--even though we could be on opposite sides of the lawn/house and never see each other, AND--I don't want to make it any more difficult for Maddie to see her Aunt/Uncle/Cousins and for all of them to be able to see her.

Onward and Upward--Ever Forward!!


12 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed for you but I think you are doing the right thing for the right reason. Maybe in time she'll soften even more---I mean at least you got a civil e-mail out of her.
    Go and have a great time but the devil in me says you should stay until 7:30 and hope you pass like ships in the night. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do the same as you. It isn't ideal by any means, but what can you do? I hope she will soften more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that perhaps the open house would be where we would see each other. Not the running across the lawn, falling into each other's arms, but just seeing her and saying "Hi" would have satisfied me--that and seeing the little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just ticks me off in so many ways. It's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry
    I do know
    that hurtful situations at this time of life
    seem so much more painful..
    take care of you....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a somewhat similar situation in my family. I was branded the scapegoat then betrayed by my son & DIL. They followed this up by shunning me. Now that my four grandchildren are older said couple want to make nice. I'm not a faucet to be turned on & off when they choose. I decline all invitations from them to their home. They are welcome into mine to visit his dad, but I refuse to visit them in their home. I, too, have lost trust in them. JUST ME

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first read your post, Judy, I was so let down for you and sad, but in reading it again, I see hope shining in the door. It was an e-mail from the daughter you've had no respectful contact with in too long, and it was one of compromise of sorts. I felt a glimmer. Hold on to that and have a great time at the party. You've lived with this painful situation for so long, and keep putting faith toward it each day as you have been, dear friend. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend Cape Cod Kitty's words would have been mine as well. At least she sent the email I guess. Praying for you, my friend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, Judy! Darn! I was hoping your card would make that girl see what she's missing Oh well! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sad when a person needs to scapegoat someone. It is so hurtful that neither of them are going to show up at the other side of the bridge you built. Maybe in time. Maybe not. I'm so sorry. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete