title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Just An Ordinary Day

Today's high temperature was:  72 degrees
Today's humidity was: 54%
Until 5:30, then it started dropping.
Sunny, nice breeze
===========================
Strange day.  I woke up at 7:45 and got right up--feeling good.  Phone rang at 8:15 and it was AAA Service (the company I bought the furnace from), they were coming out, sometime in early afternoon to give me my free air conditioner inspection and replace a problem area inside the furnace closet, where the exhaust pipe goes through the ceiling.

I decided to try to ride my bike, for the first time in five years.  Merle had pumped up the tires for me over the weekend.  I was a bit wobbly, but I made it around the block--calves were screaming, but I am going to ride twice a day--weather permitting.  I think it will help my balance issues.

It was cool out--67 degrees, but with the over 50% humidity, I was starting to sweat by the time I got home.

There was a message on my phone---from AAA Service.  They had a reschedule and were sending out the repairman at 11:00.

Not my usual repairman arrived and...he had no clue that they were suppose to repair the cowling up on the ceiling, but he said, "I'll bet I can figure it out and fix it!"

"I'll bet you can too!  Go for it!"

First he had to do the air conditioner inspection.  He was outside for 45 minutes.  I wondered what was wrong, so I went out to see.  He was cleaning it!  I did not know they were going to do that--I figured they would just see if it was running all right and the refrigerant was at a good level.

Man--the unit looked great--considering it is 17 years old.  I do keep it covered in the late fall/winter and early spring.  The refrigerant level was good, but he brought a thermometer into the house, turned on the unit and checked the temperature coming out of each floor register.  Perfect!!!

I am never cold, but I have had to turn the thermostat up this summer and down last winter, compared to what I always had it.  He explained that the new furnace blower runs slower so it puts out more air capacity and thus the air feels cooler or warmer, and it doesn't run as much.  WONDERFUL!

Then he went out to the truck, came back in with a ladder, a piece of sheet metal and some screws and screwdriver.  Instead of the measly mastic tape that was up there, covering the hole, it now has a nice, tight sheet metal cover.  He did a great job and when the customer service lady called back to see if I was satisfied, I raved about this kid--all that he had done--gone above and beyond, what he expected was to be his job this morning.
========================
Watched my Soap and then jumped into the car and up to the Meijer store in Howell.  Remember, last week I told you I was never going to shop in the Brighton Meijer ever again?  I had a really pleasant hour of shopping in the Howell store.  These two stores are about 5 miles apart in distance--but miles different in atmosphere and customer service.
======================
Dar came over this evening and we sat and "vaped" together.  I told her "We look like two junkies with our pot pipes!"

She was in a good mood, but tired, so she didn't stay long.  We had a couple of laughs anyway :-)
==========================
Well--let's see my matches for today:

 He's got the cowboy hat, but
at least he doesn't ride a
motorcycle!


Oh Puleeze--a gold neck chain?
Didn't those go out 25 years ago?
I think his eyes are closed behind those glasses.


Tall.  Handsome.  Only lives 12 miles away--down by Karen.
The only thing?  He wants a marriage, but
when I was on a dating site 3 years ago,
he was too and still hasn't found Ms. Right?
He probably is a player too.


The guy on the left--not that twerp on the right.
This guy is way cool.  He is all into baseball and sports and he is tall.
He resembles Dave Rozema (Detroit Tiger Pitcher in the 80's)
they could be brothers.  Kind of like him.


The best of the group.  Nice profile.  Used to be an Executive, of course he might be lying, BUT, he doesn't list his income and I have found, those that have a lot of money never talk about it.  6'3"--which is why he looks a bit weird--really tall men sometimes look kind of funny--big heads, long, gawky necks.  He does have a nice smile and not too much of a turkey neck and he has hair!!  Only lives 15 miles away and it says his birthday was Monday--the day after mine.

I had 4 flirts today--two didn't have photos.  One was 83, the rest in their mid to late 70's.  They either didn't know how to put a paragraph together with correct spelling and proper grammar, or, they just looked weird.  One was an Agnostic, Liberal--we certainly would not get along.  Oh, I get along just fine with Agnostics, but not Liberals!  Well--I can get along with Liberals, but he stated in his profile that he was a "Strong" Liberal and that would lead to nothing good.  

It never ceases to amaze me that some of these guys come on a dating site.  Wanting a serious relationship or marriage and yet--the picture they post is horrid.  I want to message them and say, "Is that truly the best picture you have of yourself?"

One stated that he was "a sexy senior citizen--all my parts work!"  he was 80.  I doubt all his "parts" work, but even if they did--I have no desire to find out.  YUCK!!

A lot of them want someone to drive for them, or help them around the house, or be their nurse or their sex therapist.  One guy was open enough to state that he has COPD and diabetes--I've been there, done that!!

Perhaps I am way to snobbish, but I figure, if I am perusing the dating site, I will only save the ones who look like they aren't about to die, can drive their own car, have a bit of money and want JUST a casual relationship.

You are suppose to send them a Thank You message if they view your profile or send you a flirt.  Not happening!  The only guy I responded to was the tall, gawky guy above and that was only to wish him a Happy Birthday.

This whole dating site thingie is not near as much fun as it was when I was in my 40's and 50's!  Then it was personal ads in the newspaper's Companion Column and you sent snail mail letters back and forth and the guys were decent looking.  Now we are all too old to be pretty anymore.
======================
I had a brief moment of panic today at the Meijer store.  My food assistance has been $55.00 for the last 3 months.  So, today, I ran my Bridge Card through and there was only $15.00 on there.  The clerk checked my number and said that was my amount.

I must have looked like I was going to cry because she said, "A lot of people are coming in and there is less on their Card then they thought.  They must have lowered every one's food help this month."

Luckily, I had a Meijer gift card that my sister gave me for my birthday for $50.00 AND, my $15.00 assistance and I found some money in my billfold to make up the other $15.00,  WHEW!!.

Tomorrow at noon, is my humiliation appointment at the food bank.  I hope they have stuff that I can use--it will help.  Still with the price of everything going up and living on SS--it just isn't working.  I am telling you younger ladies--YOU GET A 401K at work and you put as much in there as you can!!!

11 comments:

  1. That guy who says all his parts are working forgot to include his brain because that's way too much information to be sharing.... Well, maybe I'm the one out of step and old fashioned on that score. LOL And the guy standing in front of a lake in a dress shirt and tie, who does that? I agree about the photos. What ever happened to putting your best foot forward? I used to think people put photos up that were unrealistically showing them better than they really are...like of themselves 10 years ago or all groomed to perfection, but 1/3 of those guys don't even seem to comb their hair! I'm put off by all the guys who are seeking marriage. Do you think they mean it or are just saying it because they think that is what women want to hear? You did have one or two guys who really seemed perfect for you, though. Might get you out on the golf course again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the "seeking marriage"--some women would think the guy isn't serious. I stir away from that type myself, LOL. I'd get out on the golf course, if they were paying, LOL

      Delete
  2. I just thought of something! You have to quit guy shopping. If you find one you'll quit blogging as often and then what would I do for my 'Judy' fix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No--I'd be blogging about every detail--you know me and my big mouth!

      Delete
  3. So hard to have that shortage of funds in your food account and hope you'll find some great stuff at your food bank. Here they even have lobsters and fresh fish! Plus wonderful locally grown produce. You are so right with your advice about the 401k.....the fact I could do that for the last 10 years and have it matched by my company has kept me working until I am 71. I will have something to fall back on when I retire in 5 weeks. Really a wonderful thing, although it will not be all I need so I will be looking for a little part time when I am through with health issues.
    Your dating site coverage is hilarious and I am loving it. You are so right about most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly, you should start a business writing the dating ads for these people! Maybe you could get a first dibs on someone fabulous. And the things you'd find out before your editing would make for exciting blog fare!!
    Glad you had a good Meijer experience. We just had a new one open near us and it is fabulous. No more w*lmart for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing I can say about getting older, it doesn't take much to entertain me. I've yet to go to one of those sites, but I'm sure enjoying reading about your experiences.

    So glad you were able to complete your purchase at the grocery store. Hopefully, next month it will be straightened out.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE reading your blog every day. In fact, I look forward to it. Thanks for sharing your life with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy,
    That must have been an awful moment in the store when jim found out your card didn't have enough left on it.

    Don't you love it when those young repeirmen are so nice and good at their job.

    That last guy looks good for you. Jean gave me a scare when she mentioned that you might not blog as much if you got a guy. High have too keep blogging. You, hear?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not mean to write "jim". AutoCorrect did that. Or "high". It keeps changing "you" to other nonsensical words.

    ReplyDelete