title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, June 30, 2014

I never know what to title my posts.......

Today's high temperature was: 83 degrees
Today's humidity was: 51%
Sunny, breezy
==================================
Awake at 8:45 when Don the Lawn Mower Man showed up and was mowing under my bedroom window.  Staggered out of bed--the last two days worth of parties have tired me.

Started laundry, dusted, vacuumed bedroom--remade bed, put away clean clothes.

Paid Don the Lawn Mower Man and asked him to put me on the same schedule as Jackie and Dar--every 10-12 days.  There were 5 Mondays this month--at $20.00 a mow--well--I can't afford that!!

I don't know what happened, but suddenly it was noon and time for some food and then my Soap and then walked up to Merle and Pearl's.  Took them their photos from yesterday and we chatted for awhile.  Or, Pearl and I chatted and Merle tried to read his paper and ignore us.

Their cat, Tiger, is a big orange, fluffy cat.  He is NOT friendly, but he usually runs to greet me when I walk in and let's me give me a small pet.  Today, for some reason, he growled and hissed at me and hid under the dining room table.  When I got ready to leave and walked past the table on my way out, he jumped out and bit my ankle.  Apparently, Pearl is the only one who can touch him now.  He hisses at Merle and their daughter and grand daughter's.  I don't know what's wrong with him, but he has turned into Grumpy Cat.

As I came back onto the front porch, I noticed something.  My succulents:


 May 30, 2014
Now look like this:



Rotten rodents!!  Either squirrels or chipmunks have dug them out and--see those teeth marks on the leaves?  These succulents are not cheap and they have killed them off.  I am so angry and discouraged!!

Maggie The Cat has mats in the fur on her back.  I have brushed and brushed and brushed her and can't get them out, so today...I figured I'd cut them out and then brush her every dang day.

She was all cozy on my lap, half asleep--I was petting her on her matted area.  Then when she dozed off, I reached over and got the scissors and gently started cutting.  She reached around and bit me!

So I got the brush and started trying to brush them out and she jumped down and starting running around the living room.  I'd catch her and pet her and then brush her and then she'd run some more--it was quite a sight.

I finally wore out from bending over trying to brush her.  Meanwhile, Buddy was everywhere we were, trying to get me to brush him.  When I sat down, he jumped up on my lap and I brushed him for the next half hour.
===================

I am quite done with the Our Time dating site and any other dating site.  It has been interesting to see what is "out there" and I truly feel sorry for women who are looking for a man because......there sure isn't much to choose from!  For instance:

This one says his daughter is helping him because 
he isn't very "computer swavy".
I think she also needs to dress him a bit better
and take another photo for his profile.
Yes--he is looking for marriage. 


Well--lookie here!
Another biker! 

One thing I have noticed--not just on the dating sites, but out in public--all I see are old geezers with beards!  Grey, scraggly beards!  What's up with that?


8 comments:

  1. You can probably root new succulents by pulling off some 'leafs' and sticking them in dirty. If that planter was mine, I'd take it inside and try to save it by just doing a time job on the worse bite marks.

    That's kind of sweet that the first guy's daughter is helping him but he does need a better photo. The beards, if trimmed well and often don't bother me because Don had one for many/most of the years I knew him. But I'm amazed at how many older guys still have motorcycles. Can you imagine how sore our bones would be after riding one! Even cars bother me after an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bum seems to go to sleep after sitting anywhere for longer than a half hour. I have ridden on the back of a motorcycle twice--quite enough for me, thank you.

      Delete
  2. My oldest cat, Junior, loves being groomed and as soon as I get the brush his little brother, Eli, comes trotting over to be groomed as well. The other two cats, Dakota and Punkin', don't want any part of being brushed. Go figure.

    That last guy with the beard...I hate them as well. And yes you do see a lot all over the place. I don't know what they are hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason a lot of guys have beards is because they get tired of the daily (or twice daily in some cases) shaving. Other men who work or play outside in the winter months have them because they keep their faces warmer, which is one reason my husband had one. They do age the face after a guy gets gray. And then there are the guys who think if they have hair on their faces you won't notice the lack of hair on their heads. LOL

      Delete
  3. try putting plastic forks in your containers around the plants..the squirrels don't like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so aggravating to have your plants ruined like that. I'm having problems with grasshoppers eating the flowers. UGH!!

    Yeah, I think you're right about the dating sites. I've never gone on one, and don't plan to. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need a furminator for your cat. It's the greatest thing! Check it out on Amazon or somewhere. I have a small one that I have to use every year on my two gray tabby girls! They are the only ones that get matted fur on their backs. You just have to be very gentle when you use it though! Bummer about your succulents. They looked so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! I'm sorry about your succulents. Those dastardly squirrels. They are such pests. Raccoons can be a problem, too, but there aren't as many of them. Although, my neighbor found a mama and her little raccoon babies living in her garage.

    I tell you, I don't know a woman who would go for any of these guys. :)

    ReplyDelete