title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Beautiful Saturday

Saturday--the weather was sunny and 78 degrees
===============================

I was just sitting here, finishing up Maddie's "Gramma & Me" album when I realized that I had never completed one for Stephen, who graduated two years ago and will be starting his Junior year in college in the Medical School!!  EGADS!!!

I tried to remember back and then realized, that was the year Fred died.  So I sat and thought and to tell you the truth, I remember very little of that entire year!  I have photos to prove I went to Stephen's Eagle Scout ceremony and his graduation open house, but other than that......I have no clue what I did on my birthday or anything.  AND, much to my dismay, if I had any other photos of those events, I did not print them out and put them in my scrapbook, I put them in my Blog and guess what?  I deleted that blog in May of 2013 and all those photos are lost!

I had kept the kids Gramma and Me albums caught up--on computer file, but I see that I stopped in 2009 and a lot has happened since then!

So now, I am scrambling to get Stephen's pictures organized and printed and put in his album--albeit a bit late!

I knew I was weird the whole year of 2012--but I didn't realize my memory was so compromised!!
=============================
This morning was the kids graduation.  I sure wanted to go, but was told, I would have to walk much farther than I can, so......then photos started appearing on Face Book.


 There Matt is, up on the big screen, giving his speech
as President of the Class.

He mentioned that this was a class of firsts,
then to continue in that mode, he turned around and
took a selfie of himself--another first

and here's my precious girl

and my other two "adopted" grandkids, Drew and Brian 
Matt's open house was at 3:00, so I meandered over.  His father has a nice home on a lake, a lovely setting.



Matt saw me and came running up.  "Grammy!"  Then he took me by the hand and out to the canopy we went.  "I want you to meet someone."  He led me up to an older (my age) couple sitting at one of the tables.  The lady looked up and said, "And who is this?"

I said, "I'm Matt's Grammy."

She replied, "No you aren't.  I am!"

So I sat down with her and her husband and we had a grand time!  We had so much in common, including, they didn't go to graduation either.  Their son told them it would be too far for them to walk and too uncomfortable to sit for such a long time.  So, we griped about how our kids think we're too old to do anything anymore--and we might be, but...............
I had a wonderful afternoon with them.

I got to meet Matt's aunts and uncles.  Enjoyed a real nice talk with his Aunt.  She is an author also and we talked about where to get our books published and sold and how to market them.  She loves the marketing part--I like the writing part, LOL.  She is very knowledgeable.  She is probably 25-30 years younger than I am, so she has the energy and gumption to do it all.  I'm too tired anymore. :-)

I had wrapped up and given Matt a copy of my Hidden Treasure book--about the little boy named Matt.  I hope when he gets around to unwrapping it, he will like it.  I also told him that Matthew is my favorite boy's name and that Mrs. Rivard (Karen) was suppose to be a Matthew.

I also got to meet his twin Audrey, that I have never met in all the five years I've known him.  She is drop dead gorgeous.  They are Fraternal twins so if you put them side-by-side, you'd never know.  She looks like their Mom and Matt like his Dad.  I also got to meet their older brother--looks like Matt, only with dark brown hair, like their Mom.  He's a handsome young man for sure!!


Impressive!  I don't know how just one person could
accomplish so much in just 4 years.

John Phillip Sousa Award 


The the kids started rolling in and the love was poured out.  Each one of them came up to me and sat down and talked.  Some I had never met before, but for some reason, they knew Gramma Judy.  Thrill of my life.  When I got home, I had 3 Friend's Requests from them on Face Book. :-)



Then Maddie arrived and told me how strange it feels to know she is never going back to that school.  How she won't be seeing all her friends everyday.  Kind of sad, to be sure.  I remember feeling the same way.

To think, there I was with my favorite kids and my camera and never thought to get my picture taken with them.  I will have to remember and get a group shot at Maddie's open house--the same kids will be there.

I was so tired, I decided I better start home before I got too tired to drive.  I went in the house to find Matt's father because I wanted to tell him something.  I said, "I have worked with young people over the years--mostly boys and I just want to tell you that Matt is an exceptional young man.  I have never met a kid that is more gracious, thoughtful, giving, polite and talented as Matthew."  I think parent's need to hear that sort of thing--especially when it is true.

I am exhausted tonight.  Tomorrow it is suppose to rain--I hope not because I am going to this little, beautiful young lady's open house!   Who also calls me Gramma.  Maddie's ballet pal and BFF, Susanna





5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and special time for you and your "kids"! I hope the after glow lasts for a very long time. Sometimes we fail to recognize what an impact we have on kids but with you being at all their events for so many years you can tell it meant a lot to them, even ones you didn't really know all that well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice; I really like the photo's.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet of them to include you. I think it's so nice when young people give us "old" folks that special attention we need so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like you are a part of some thoughtful sweet young adults lives. Fun to see them grow and be apart of their business! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the sweetest kids and aren't they all beautiful and healthy. I think it was great that you told Matt's father what an exceptional kid he is. What parent wouldn't love to hear that?

    ReplyDelete