title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throwback and Present Day Thursday

Today's high temperature was: 67 degrees
Sunny and nice
=================================

This was a very long time ago--I think I was six weeks old.  4 generations on my mother's side.  Her father and his mother.
It kind of weirds me out to look at that baby.
It is me, but I can't remember
(and I can remember things back to
when I was 2 years old.)
I wonder what I was thinking.
I wonder if I was capable of thinking.
I wonder how I could ever be
that little and why I lived the
kind of life I did.
I wonder if some small happening
would have made my life
different.

Boy--I now look like my mother!

So today, I traveled up about 25 miles for lunch with the old gal pals.  My BFF's (Arlene) daughter came today with a whole bunch of pictures she found in her Mom's house--of us girls back in high school.  We all had a great laugh and got to keep whatever ones we wanted.  I came back with a good amount as many of the pix were of Arlene and me. Being able to talk to Arlene's daughter is such a treat because--she had the same voice and laugh as her Mom--I feel almost like I am talking to Arlene.
=================
I came home through my home town to see the wind damage from Saturday night.  Drove on out to The Farm--Susan and Chuck not home as yet, and did a drive through and took pictures.  Then stopped off at Pammie's and she wasn't home.
Susan's infamous outhouse/garden shed


They lost 2 1/2 trees 


My son's house and barns are all okay. 

I got home and changed my clothes (I don't wear blue jeans to church) and went into Howell for the Maundy Thursday service.  It was very special--a Tenebrae service--gradual snuffing out of candles until the church is dark, stripping the altar and laying a black cloth on it and communion.  This time we had "regular" communion--like you are suppose to have--on your knees at the altar.

I was wondering if I could...I haven't in four years--but I did get down on my knees AND I GOT BACK UP, with minimal pain.  I'm so glad I went.  It was a very emotional, spiritual service.

I had a lovely day and tomorrow morning, Pearl and I are going to the movie to see "Heaven Is For Real"  I have been waiting and waiting for this movie to come out.  I read the book, shortly after Fred died and it saved my sanity and made my grief path much shorter than some widows I know.





4 comments:

  1. I hope you like the movie; will be interested to read what you thought about it.

    That's a lovely photo!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flashback photos. Glad your family's various property didn't take too much of a beating. I went to my adopted home today and there were so many trees down it looked like a tornado went through, but it was just straight-line winds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing the photos was such a thoughtful gesture for Arlene's daughter to do. It was probably good for her to sit and visit with all of you.

    That farm is such a pretty place. I'm glad there wasn't too much damage.

    That photo of you is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to hear your review of the movie. I loved the book.
    Happy Easter to you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete