title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Unusual Weather Day

Today's high temperature was:  37 degrees (tonight at 10:00)
Snow, thunder,  heavy rain, wind
-----------------------------------------
I got up and checked the weather radar map on my computer.  There was blue almost over me, then along came pink, later yellow, some orange even, and green.  What does that rainbow of colors mean?  An unusual weather day here in the heart of the Mitten.

At 10:00 it all started, just as predicted.  A white-out and thunder.  At least I have clean windows with which to watch the weather this day.





Along about noon the rain started--freezing rain.



The temperature started going up and by 4:00 we were having a heavy rain and more thunder--something like a summer thunder storm.  Unreal!

Things quieted down a bit in late afternoon, but right now, at 11:00 at night, the rain has come back and we are expecting 40-50 mph wind gust all night long.
============================
I hate Yogurt!!!  I have tried every brand imaginable--with fruit, without fruit.  Activa, Greek, Chobani--I hate it.  It is sour and nasty tasting--like sour milk that has gone thick.  YUCK!! I may be the only person in the USA to hate Yogurt.  If we had milk like that on the farm, we would have thrown it out because it had gone bad!  BLECH!!
=====================
I have a question.  I take fish oil--Nature Made 1,000 units Omega 3, Fish Oil.  My doc told me to take two a day for heart health, arthritis pain relief and memory.  Then, I heard that Krill Oil is better--that it more absorbable and you only take one smaller capsule.

So--I want to know.  What do you think?  Do any of you use the Krill Oil?  I know that whales main diet is the little krill found in the deep, cold ocean and...whales live a long time and seem very healthy, so...maybe I should start eating like a whale?

See ya--Jude



10 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about Krill Oil. H takes fish oil. I can't take it because it thins the blood, and I already take a blood thinner.

    Your weather is unbelievable. The other day, I was thinking about those beautiful flowers you planted last spring. I can't wait to see what you do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was crazy outside yesterday! I didn't get to hear the thunder though because I couldn't hear it inside the hospital, but I think I heard some thunder last night at about 10-10:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I hate yogurt but I sure don't like it all that much. I buy maybe 3-4 Greek yogurts a month because it's good for you but sometimes even they expire before I use them up.

    All I know about fish oil or krill oil pills could fit in a thimble. I can't take them or other over the counter medications for your joints because I have a shell fish allergy and I'm not willing to risk prophylaxis again. I'm glad you have that option.

    ReplyDelete

  4. If you're going on a whale's diet...you'll have to add some squid, crab larvae, herring eggs, ghost shrimp, and small bait fish. Just remember how big a whale is :)
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing at your friend Balisha! Yeah, what a diet that would be. I don't take fish oil, so can't help you out.

    As miserable as your weather is, you sure take some lovely photo's.

    It was 80 here Weds and Thurs so I worked in the yard. Today is gloomy with TS's predicted.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! It was really weird to look out the window and still see snow, while hearing thunder and then seeing a torrential downpour of rain. Today there is SUN!! I'm so happy about that. I have to say we are the 2 on the planet that don't like yogurt. Since I can have so few breakfast foods, I've learned to eat it with Gluten-free granola, but the ratio of yogurt to granola is heavily on the granola side. And Mango Chobani is the winning flavor. Stay safe in this weird weather. Hope you got to see the white-hot Spartans play Purdue - sounds like they couldn't miss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me laugh about the yogurt. I used to eat it often (still do hide it in my spinach and kale smoothies) but, it makes me gag, and I hate that feeling, so don't et it by itself anymore.
    Balisha, your comment brought a big laugh from over here on Foggy cold Cape Cod this afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. paul is in amhurstburg (not sure i spelled that right) and he had the same unusual weather with the thunder. i wonder if you are close to him.

    i take fish oil but have not tried krill oil, don't know, sorry.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry the comment posted twice. oh, and i LOVE yogurt! especially greek. pineapple and coconut are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete