title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fun Day

Today's high temperature was: 45 degrees
Sunny and felt like spring
Winter returns tomorrow
==================================
Winter Weather Advisory In Effect From 10 A.M. To 4 P.M. EST Thursday The National Weather Service In Detroit/Pontiac Has Issued A Winter Weather Advisory For Freezing Rain With A Chance Of Snow... Which Is In Effect From 10 A.M. To 4 P.M. EST Thursday. Hazardous Weather...
A Mix Of Freezing Rain And Snow Is Expected To Begin By 10 Am.
Snow Accumulation Will Be An Inch Or Less But About A Tenth Inch Of Icing Is Expected Before Changing Over To All Rain During Mid Afternoon. Impacts...
Mixed Snow Accumulation And Icing Will Lead To Slippery Conditions On Untreated Surfaces. Precautionary/Preparedness Actions...
AND the Polar Vortex comes back next week.   Fun Times!!
===============================================

I got up around 9:00 this morning, fed the cats, got my hot cocoa and walked into this room.  Sun was flooding through the sparkling clean windows, warming the room.  I pulled down my new white blinds and turned on the computer.  I looked around and just sighed--I love this room!!

I "thought" I was going to the Gal Pals luncheon tomorrow, so I scheduled a hair cut for this afternoon.  My hair grows so fast--it has only been a month and yet it was long in back and on top.  Unfortunately, the only appointment time I could get was 1:45--which interfered with the watching of my Soap--oh, woe is me.

I left at twenty after one, stopped at The Salvation Army to drop off the three boxes of books and "stuff", then stopped at the post office to mail a return and then onto the beauty parlor (as we called it in the olden days.)  They had their front door open.  Now, it was only 45 degrees today--people were acting like it was summer!  In the summer, if it were 45 degrees, we'd have our houses closed up and the furnace running, but for some reason, today felt like a day to open windows and doors.



Wow--this gal is getting old!

Got my hairs cut and decided to stop at the Meijer store on the way home.  I had to get another package of the Command Stick On hooks and Diet Pepsi was on sale--10 for $10.00 with the 11th one free.  I got some Murphy's Oil Soap and another can of Pledge, and some Koegel Vienna's to put inside crescent rolls.

I knew that Dar was working so I found her cashier line and waited.  I kept my back turned in case she looked up from her other customers.  When everyone was done, I had my 11 bottles of Pepsi lined up first.  I saw her look down at them and then up at me.

"I'd like my Pepsi double bagged, please."

She started laughing.  "When I saw that Pepsi, I should have known!"

We didn't chat too much--I was afraid I might get her in trouble or make a mistake checking me out.  She is pretty slow and instead of placing items in the plastic bags, she drops them in with a loud CLUNK, but I have to give her credit.  She's 72 years old and standing on her feet 8 hours a day sure isn't easy--I couldn't do it!

As I came out of the store, I was pushing my cart toward my car.  I saw a youngish woman walking toward me, intent on her phone--texting away.  She was totally clueless to anything that was going on around her.  I noticed she was walking sort of on a diagonal--directly at me.  I pushed my cart over as close as I could get to the line of cars and she kept walking.  I could see what was going to happen so I stopped pushing my cart and BLAM, she walked right into the nose of my cart.

She looked up and gave me a dirty look, like I had intentionally ran into her and I said, "Good thing I'm not a car."  She gave me another dirty look and walked on, rubbing her left thigh where she had rammed into my cart.  I watched as she crossed the drive to the store's entrance and she didn't even look up.  Apparently she assumed any oncoming traffic would stop at the stop sign area.  She walked up to the entrance and at first walked up to the exit side, and when that door wouldn't open, over to the entrance--never taking her eyes off her phone.

I must be totally out of date--old--whatever, but it seems to me, as the years pass, people just get more and more stupid!  I did have to laugh when I got in my car, remembering her rubbing her left thigh--apparently she learned nothing from the incident.

It was nice that Dan cleared off the driveway yesterday.  When I got home today, the sun had melted all the snow--I noticed that Dar, Jackie and Pearl's driveways were still covered.

There is a lot of slush on our streets here in the park--especially this street way in the back.  Sure, the maintenance guys have plowed, but never put on any salt.  There is ice underneath all the snow and melted on top.  Coming down the street, my car kept sliding back and forth--much fun!

I am NOT going to the Gal Pals lunch tomorrow.  With the iffy weather, I don't want to be out driving 45 minutes with freezing rain and snow expected.  So, I also won't get to visit my little sister.  Haven't been up to the farm since Christmas Eve.  They live on a gravel road which will still be snow covered and worse then the street in this park.  Then of course, the spring thaw will come and they will have a mud bog on their road.  Perhaps I will get there sometime in May?

So--I had a great day and tomorrow I will start washing down the kitchen cupboards--or not.  LOL.





6 comments:

  1. well that was a great day! you know people are so rude these days. when one woman caused me to get up in the concert to let her pass with a tray full of beer and food and then a minute later came back the other way (she was in the wrong row) and i said "you're kidding, right?" she said to me "just get out of my way". buggers. where is civility? let's bring it back!

    smiles, bee
    xooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had great weather here today, too, and saw some people wearing shorts! I love Meijer. It's my favorite store but I'm shocked that Dar is 72 and still working there! Around here people over 60 are usually just greeters. I'm shocked that she is able to do that job, on her feet for so many hours. From the way you write about her I always thought she was 50 something.

    Your hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haircut - you look fabulous! I think you're making the right decision to stay home today. The snow is all melting here and we currently have sun and rain at the same time. It's like all the weather has met up at once and can't decide who gets to "talk" Enjoy the snow. I'm missing the clean whiteness already. And the grass is brown, so no look of spring:-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to spend time in a room that has been newly redone! Just seems to be so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so nice! Mine grows fast also and is very thick. I'm not complaining, just sayin'.

    I'm glad you had a good day, and hope today was also. It's probably a good thing you decided about not going to the luncheon; I worry about you out driving.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hair looks great.

    I can just see you there, drinking you hot chocolate and enjoying your room.

    Cell phones and stupid people do not go together. I don't have a lot of patience with that kind of thing. So glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete