title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 3, 2014

February--What Can You Say?

Today's high temperature was:  23
Sunny and nice!
==============================================
What can you say about February?

I used to say it was the longest month of the year!  I found it the most depressing month ever!  So grey and dismal--I would get real down and unmotivated to do anything.

A few years ago, I purchased an Ott Floor Lamp, to put behind my chair to make it easier for me to see to read and cross stitch.  Well, I think that light is like one of those Daylight Lamps they talk about because, February doesn't even affect me anymore.  I do not get depressed--I do not get S.A.D.




Of course this year, with all the snow we have and more on the way, February seems like we are still in the midst of winter.  When the sun does shine, it gleams off the bright, white snow and makes the whole outside look new and clean.
===============================
My friend from Saginaw called this morning to tell me that her breast aspiration/biopsy came back negative!!!  She will not have to have a lumpectomy!  She only has to have mammograms every six months, instead of the yearly ones.  I am so very happy for her and she is so relieved.

Dar seems to be getting better with the cellulitis she had around her eye.  Glad for that two as I was worried it would get into her blood stream and cause sepsis.  She called me yesterday morning, while she was at work, and wanted me to call Dan to shovel out her driveway.  Now, Dan doesn't live nearby.  He was just here on Saturday evening to shovel out the people he does in the park, but for some reason, she didn't want him to do it then.

Now, a mere 14 hours later, she wants ME to call him to come all the way back out here--on Super Bowl Sunday no less.  I didn't want to call him.  Didn't quite know what to do and as I was pondering on all of this, I looked out and there was Merle, shoveling out her driveway.  Problem solved--YAY.

Then I thought, why did she want ME to call Dan?  She has his phone number.  I am not her dang secretary for Pete's Sake!!  Oh well--it didn't matter after all.
==========================================
At 2:00, I jump[ed in my car to go to the Chiropractor's--when I started the car, I hear a "thoop" sound and wondered.  I stopped at the office to drop off my rent check and when I came out, I knew what had happened,  I have a hole in the exhaust system--right behind the manifold--kind of under where I sit.  DAMN!!

It isn't real noisy and thankfully, it isn't hanging down or falling off--yet, but still.........I HAVE TO HAVE A NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM PUT ON!!!  

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT IS GOING TO COST?  Well, I don't either, but...I know...it's going to be way more than $100.00!!!

So--I got the deep tissue massage--hurts awful!  Then I got the WoodPecker machine from the doc and a tiny adjustment on my neck, then I got the TENS device thingie on my lower back and ultra sound/laser on my shoulder.  Limped out to the office and was told, that because of OBAMACARE, Medicare now does not pay for all the the Chiropractic manipulations, like they did in 2013.  I used to have to pay for the massage and Medicare paid for the manipulation--now--they don't.  So, instead of it costing me $15.00, I will now have to pay $30.00 for each visit--which means--I will not be going as often as I should!

I jumped in my car and drove all the way from Brighton, back up to Howell to get a print-out of the blood work I had done last Thursday.  This is the first time in my life, that I have gotten two blood reports back, consecutively, with no numbers highlighted!!!  YAY!!!  In fact, some of my numbers have improved since last summer.  At least I think Medicare still pays for the blood draw--although, I am not sure!

I drove on back home--didn't even stop at Wal-Mart, which is right on the way.  Too tired to even go in and get any food---and I need some!  Finally got the car parked correctly off to the side of the driveway, in preparation for the next snow storm expected tomorrow night and into Wednesday, got in the house and saw there was a message on my phone.

"This is your Wal-Mart pharmacy.  A member of your household has three prescriptions ready for pick-up.  The total price is...sixteen dollars."  GREAT!!!  I just went past there.

Then the doorbell rang and there was Dar and she was all stirred up.  I was so worn out, I just sat in my chair and listened, nodded my head, made appropriate "ah-hh" and "hm-mm" sounds and really don't remember what it was all about.  There was some question about Downton Abbey--she wanted me to catch her up as she has only seen the first episode this season-------EGAD.  Then something else about her Blue Cross Legacy insurance plan which "only costs one hundred and twenty seven dollars a month and pays for everything--you should have that."  Sure--eighty dollars more a month then what I have now which pays for most everything, except not all if I have to have surgery--which I am not planning on.

She left and I got on the phone and called the car service place.  Take my car in Friday for a look see and an estimate.

"Don't you have a tin can you can shove in the pipe and close up the hole?"  I asked.

"Well, nowadays, most cans aren't made of metal anymore."

"So, this is probably going to cost more than a hundred bucks?"

(ha ha), "You must be thinking of nineteen-fifties prices."

"Well Rick--I'm still lost in the fifties."
===================================
Now--I am wondering if I will have to cancel the cardiologist's appointment again.  That will mean I won't get in until the end of the month or March--and that's okay.  This has been going on for six months and I am still alive, so probably...there is no problem.  I just want him TO TELL ME THAT!!!

I am going to rub my neck, shoulder and back with my wonderful horse liniment and go to bed.  

See ya tomorrow.............................<sigh>

7 comments:

  1. Maybe Dar thinks Dan won't say no to you if you ask but would say no to her? I hate it when people try to put you in uncomfortable situations like that.

    Sorry about your muffler going bad. I hope that's not the reason you're thinking about canceling your cardiologist appointment. Credit cards are good for situations like that and you've waited long enough to get some answers. Not only that, if you wait too long you might have to repeat those blood tests all over again.

    Hope you wake up feeling good in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up with 9" of snow, so they tell us. More coming tomorrow night as well as rain and ice at times. Then another one on Sunday. I hate February but not as much as I hate January. I have cabin fever and I guess what you could call depression due to the lack of sun.
    My insurance company pulled a fast one on me. Never had a deductible so I kept the same plan. Guess what? There's a deductible this year . I had no idea until my husband's bills weren't being paid by them. Thieves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to check out your lamp:
    Thought of going for massage
    but just do myself :)
    Too cold to get out...
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least February is a short month! Let's hope it goes by fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on an OTT lamp for ages. It would be so helpful for handsewing, yet I keep forgetting to go back and order one. Thanks for the recommendation.
    So sorry to hear about the car problem. Always something, isn't it?
    May you feel much better today after all the treatments yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, not good news here today. I'm so sorry about the car; will say a little prayer it's not going to be too much. And, what is up with Medicare? I guess I'll see when next I go to dr which will be Thursday. I'm very pleased with my supplement, but that's not going to help if Medicare doesn't approve a treatment. Both you and Dar have less expensive supplement and I'll tell you something; I haven't had dental insurance; thought I couldn't afford it and now I have HUGE problem. But, God is good and somehow all things work out. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your friend's biopsy was good news.
    I hate having to spend money on car repairs. I hope your bottom line isn't too bad.
    Glad Dar is okay, but what a piece of work she is.

    ReplyDelete