title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, February 10, 2014

Uneventful Day--Kind Of

Today's high temperature was:  20 degrees
Sunny and very cold
============================

I can handle this winter weather--as long as the sun keeps shining!!

I got myself into trouble yesterday morning!  Karen called and said she was stopping in at noon.  I had left my car parked in the center of my parking pad, so I went out to move it over.  We had an inch of new, soft snow, so I decided to shovel it off to the side.  No big deal.

Put the shovel down on the cement and push it over to the snow pile.  Not even as straining as vacuuming.  I picked up the shovel, not heavy at all, but when I went to throw the snow up on top of the pile, it was so high, I heard my shoulder and elbow crunch.  No pain--just a crackling, popping sound.  I kept on cleaning the drive and tried to throw the snow at the end, where the pile is not as tall.

Moved the car, came in to check my pulse--it was only 75--after all that work.  I guess that's a good thing, but I still wonder why my pulse rate is so low.

Karen arrived and brought me three blinds for these front windows--$4.50 a pair!!! AND she brought me a pot of pink tulips--so nice.  We chatted for about an hour. She had to leave to get to the library to pick up some books she needed for one of her college classes--she is getting her Master's in Education.

I turned on the MSU basketball game and sat down to watch and cross stitch.  I could feel a pain in my left scapula--my problem area and after about an hour, I got this owie in my left chest.  Half-way between my breast and my collar bone--right where you'd place your right hand when you stand for the National Anthem.  The pain got worse and worse and of course I wondered--heart issue?

By the end of the game, it really hurt--a constant pain.  I went in and laid down on my bed, and the pain went away.  I laid there for about a half hour and then got up and the pain came back.

If I pushed on the spot, it felt like it was bruised.  I took an Aleve--didn't help.  I put heat on it--didn't help.  Finally went to bed at 10:00 and the pain went away.

No pain this morning, except under my scapula, so I guess, the chest pain was radiating from the scapula/shoulder down into my chest!  GEEZ!!
===================================
I am enjoying watching the ice skating at the Olympics.  Our pairs team is really good, but I think that girl, Meryl Davis is weird looking!  Also, when she speaks, she has that nasally, whining voice, that just grates on my nerves!  

On Face Book, everybody is talking about the Beatles special last night.  I didn't even watch it--had no interest.  I remember distinctly the first time I heard them on the radio.  I was in college and a bunch of us were sitting together in the Student Union.  The college radio station played this song from this new group and we looked at each other, then started laughing and booing!  What stupid music!!  What's all this , "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" junk?

Explanation--at the time, I was almost 25.  Most of my friends were returning Viet Nam vets, or older students also.  We were into Rock and Roll--Chuck Berry, Bill Haley and the Comets, Chubby Checker, Little Richard--this "new" music didn't fit.  I remember someone saying, "You can't even dance to that shit!"

So--last night I watched the Olympics and then switched over to watch Downton Abbey--I still do like that show!
I so relate to this lady!!!
Old and crotchety, critical and not able to suffer fools very well.


==============================================================

I went to the Chiropractor--deep tissue massage, really hurt, then the Chiropractor who did the Tapper on me and some muscle stimulation and ultra sound.  There is a young woman I see there once in awhile.  Her name is Debbie.  I think she has Cerebral Palsy--she walks fine, but her hands are turned in and she is overtly friendly and very talkative.  She and I greeted each and then she watched me while I had the ultra-sound, all the time, her massage therapist waiting for her to get in the room, but very patient.  Debbie says HI to everyone she sees, introduces herself and then wants to know all about them.  Some people find this very off-setting and ignore her and keep walking, but I think she is delightful.  So innocent and happy as a little kid.

As I was leaving, I heard someone yell my name and GOOD GRIEF--there was my neighbor, Tami.  Tami is very loud--I mean very!  She is out pacing in the waiting room--I am in by the cashier.  "Hey, Jude!  I'm can't sleep--the pain is so bad I can't sleep.  DOCTOR, DOCTOR--I need the doctor.  Hey, hey, hey--Doc?"  Then she laughs her loud laugh and keeps pacing.  People are looking at her and then at me and I feel quite embarrassed.

Debbie came out and went to walk out and there was Tami, pacing back and forth, so Debbie goes up to her and introduces herself and says, "I just got a back rub and it feels good!"  Tami gives her that, "leave me alone" look and Debbie walks out with her caregiver.  I see Tami roll her eyes.  The cashier looks at me and sort of gives me the "oh my gosh" look and I bend down and say, "I really like Debbie, but that Tami is a piece of work."  The cashier whispers back to me, "Debbie has more class in her little deformed finger, than Tami has in her whole body!"
==================================
I got out of there, called Merle and headed over to the car repair place.  Merle was there to pick me up in a few minutes and brought me home.  It feels sort of strange not to have my car out in the drive.  Although I have no where to go--it just feels weird to know I can't go anywhere, even if I wanted to---which I don't! LOL

I walked into the house and this is what I saw--Big Buddy napping on the rocking chair and Maggie underneath--sort of hiding.  Ah--home.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, that cat is fat or pregnant. LOL

    I wasn't sure I liked the Beatles when they first came on the scene but I have grown to love their music writing talents over time. It didn't hurt that a college professor teaching music appreciation had us studying them side by side with classical music. I enjoyed the tribute Sunday. Like you, I was slightly older than their fan base. I actually saw Chuck Berry, Bill Haley and the Comets, Chubby Checker, and Little Richard in person. We were all screaming so much they could have played the scales and we wouldn't have known it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, right up front I can tell you "I don't like Tami". The end.

    I hope you'll be careful, Judy, out there with the shovel!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh. Don't do any more shoveling. You could really hurt something. That Buddy is a big guy. Tami is a mess.

    So sweet of Karen to bring tulips to you. Just what you need during this long winter... a bit of spring. I got those blinds when I lived with Dad. They did just what I needed. His house had a lot of windows without any blinds. I needed some privacy.

    NO MORE SHOVELING!

    ReplyDelete