title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, July 24, 2017

A Nice Surprise

Two years ago, my neighbor across the street when i lived in Saginaw, died.  After Fred died, she called me every Tuesday afternoon at 4:00.  I wrote a post about not knowing and then finding out she had died.

If you have a mind to, you can read that post here.

Much to my surprise, I received an e-mail from the couple who moved into her home.  They had wanted to do a bit of research on this quirky lady they had heard about.  For some reason, my blog post came up.  Apparently because I had posted her obituary?  I guess.

It was nice to communicate with them.  I found out the once large and beautiful gardens I had there, were dug up and turned back into grass, but the little Lilac sprig I planted, has turned into a nice tall Lilac bush.

Then, they told me that a play-scape in the park next to our two properties had placed a dedication to Phyllis.  She always worried that the children didn't have a nice place to play.  She would be so pleased.


===========================

I awoke to a cold house--62 degrees.  I had left the bedroom window up last night.  I checked my weather station on the kitchen counter and it was 59 degrees outside and the humidity was 47%.  I opened up all the windows, but it got chilly feeling--that nice breeze was coming from the NorthEast.  I actually had to put on a long sleeved shirt and my socks.  No barefooting today.  It is now about 69, since the sun has finally come out, and a perfect day.  Such a change from the last 10 days of heat and humidity.
================
I have no plans for the week, but I'm getting homesick so I think I need to plan for a visit up to The Home Stead. 

8 comments:

  1. What a nice memorial for your friend!

    I was so cold today I was wearing a flannel shirt all day. I was actually worried that I was getting sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a play-scape in the park next to our two properties had placed a dedication to Phyllis. She always worried that the children didn't have a nice place to play. She would be so pleased.

    This is such a wonderful and sweet memorial to your friend and how nice that they let you know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to learn about what's happened to places where we've previously lived -- and the people we knew there. Lovely tribute to your friend and neighbor. I was surprised to awaken to cloudy skies, occasional raindrops to muddy the dusty car and has been like that all day. Temps are cooler, too, which is really welcome. Unusual for July in our neck of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza. VERY awesome that they got in touch with you ... and shared the wonderful donation from your friend.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting, how lives intersect... break apart... intersect again, in some way.

    glad you got a delightful break, from the heat/humidity. we are very cool, almost cold. but heat/humidity did not precede this.

    w-e-i-r-d july!!! here!!! no 'global warming' effects!! yikes no!

    will we ever get local corn???????? because of lack of sun and cool weather????

    thank you for prodding me, to look further, into my 'ancestry results'! i did, and i did find i can well be scottish!!!!! plus lots, lots more info!!!!

    thank you. i now see, that there is more information, to be found, by moving my curser around, on my results pages!!!!!

    hooooray!!!!!!

    luna crone

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to be remembered like your friend.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your friend would love being remembered that way? Very nice.
    It was in the upper-eighties today. Cold for our neck of the woods, and very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating story about your departed friend. I know she'd be thrilled about the play yard dedication. Your weather sounds wonderful; it's stifling here. I stay inside 95% of the time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete