title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A little of this--a little of that............

This photo is for Debbie.  She prefers white corn, which I kid her is "wimpy".  I prefer this kind.  Nice big kernels of yellow that get stuck in my teeth and I have to floss them out for a half hour after I eat it.  HAH.  What I had for supper last night, along with some mac and tuna salad.





This little doll is nine months old yesterday and "almost" walking.


My Cone flowers have never been this tall, nor the blossoms this wide.  I have a Star Gazer Lily that has 7 blooms on it, usually I have 3.  My Stack 'N Grow is doing well too.  When I sit in this computer room, I can smell the scent from the Star Gazer.  Wonderful!!







I just started this afghan for Pearl's expected grand baby.  I can only do one round a day because it hurts my hand.


 This is coming along--pardon the wrinkles.  I was curious as to how many stitches this will take.
14 count Aida cloth, which means 14 stitches to the inch, I got the dimensions of the design and
ta dah--when completed it will have 334,246.  No wonder my hand hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


9 comments:

  1. i think this is a good year, for cone flowers!!!!

    we have had so much rain, cool weather, and lack of sun, that we wonder when we will be able to get corn from the local farm. -sigh-

    and yes, we like the yellow kind too. :-)

    you are maybe pushing your hands, too far, with all this needlework? nope, that's not for me to ask. we each do, what we do. and it is no one else's business.

    luna crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you, all of those who use to be here, mother, grandmother and great grandmother - all excellent with the needle. Not this one, good working in the dirt and now miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been writing a lot lately. I like it!

    We call that sugar and cream corn around here. It's the best corn ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cream corn is what our mother used to prepare and put in the freezer. So good.

    The baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My aunt used to cut corn off the cobs and fry it. So good.
    That is one adorable baby girl. How can they be so cute?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cross stitch piece will be beautiful when its done. Keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coneflowers and the scent of stargazers is mesmerizing. Your handwork is so beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable baby - Check! Great crafting - Check! Corn on the cob - Check. It's a great day! I can't wait to see the cross stitch! It's already gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi judy...i read this the other day - but i am all over the place and very loopy. i laughed pretty hard at this, it was the first time i laughed today, thank you!!!

    i adore your busy life and all your crafts...my cone flowers are rally high this year too!!!

    i am going to catch up the best i can, but i am not going to leave a comment on all, unless you make fun of me again!!!

    ReplyDelete