title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Recipe for John

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE MINIS
1 can (20 oz) and 1 smaller can Pineapple slices, drained, juice reserved from large can
1 box, Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
½ cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
½ cup melted “real” butter (melt with defrost in microwave)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
12 Maraschino cherries
Large muffin tin

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray

In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.  Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.

In small bowl, mix together melted butter and brown sugar.

Spoon 1 ½ teaspoon of butter mixture into bottom of muffin cup
Top each with pineapple slice and cherry.



Spoon cake mix batter over pineapple—fill to ¾’s full
I use a gravy ladle




Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes.




Run knife around edges of cakes to loosen.
Invert muffin tin onto cookie sheet.


Serve warm or cool completely and freeze in air tight plastic container



Extra special good if warmed in the microwave and add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream to the side of the cake

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that soon. I actually have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make those also, however I haven't seen a muffin tin that big. Maybe I could find at Michaels. Glad you shared! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael's? Do you have a Publix nearby? Or a Red Lion? I think there may be better than Michael's.

      Delete
  3. I bet my grands would love those. I know H would. Love the way you photographed everything for us... um... or John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the size--perfect for one serving and they freeze really, so I can have some later, although of this first batch, only two made it to the freezer. I gave some to Pearl & Merle and John and ate the rest!!

    ReplyDelete