title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, November 6, 2015

Guess What?

Yesterday, I got up, fed the cats and instead of grabbing a glass of cold caffeine, and heading to the computer room, I put some Cherrios in a smallish bowl, laid on half a banana, milk, sugar and got a juice glass and filled it with orange juice and sat down and ate it.  THEN, I brought the glass of OJ in here and roamed around on the computer.

I felt great all day!!!  I repeated the same process this morning.  Who knew that eating something first thing in the morning, instead of forgetting to eat until mid-afternoon, would keep me steady on for the whole day!  
I did have a bad spell this afternoon, but not for lack of food.  I had been doing some really close work on my knitting, then I leaped out of my chair and hurried into the kitchen.  MAN!  Either my eyes hadn't had time to readjust or my blood pressure dropped outta sight, but I had to lean over with my forehead on the counter top and hold on for dear life, or I was going down.

Not Vertigo, as the room wasn't spinning or anything like that, just a dizzy weakness, with a roaring in my ears like I was going down!  It passed in a few minutes, but....I have had this before.  Could be the meds I am on--every single one I take has light-headiness as a side effect, or the low blood pressure or--whatever.  It was scary though because, while it is happening, I cannot figure out how to walk back to my chair, my legs won't work, my eyes are blurry, my brain is a messed up foggy maze.
It used to happen more than it does now--like several times a day, but still in all--it is bothersome.  I just might ask the doc about it and see if I need to go to a Neurologist.

So, today, I spent most of the morning working on getting these genealogy books printed out.  3 done and ready to go to the printer to be punched, backed and spiraled.

I watched my Soap, then spent the next hour putting together my first big pot of spaghetti sauce for Christmas.  20 quarts are needed and I do five quarts at a time.  I suppose I could double the recipe?  Scared to do that.  I have had failures with doubling recipes and this is a most important task to get perfect!

Along about 4:00, John called to tell me he was making ham/potato soup and, "I'll have dinner at six for you."  
Cool.  He makes the best soup!

5:57--John was calling, I picked up the phone and said, "You have three minutes.

"It might be more like twenty," he said.

"Well--hurry up.  I'm about to gnaw my own arm off I'm so hungry!"

6:30--John was calling.

"Yesssssss?"

"It's done!  I gotta get dressed and I will bring it over."

"Get dressed?"

"Yeah, it's gets so hot in here, I cook in my underwear."

"Yes, please dress.  I'd hate to hear what the neighbor's would think to see you walking over here and coming in my house in your nothings!"

6:55--John finally arrives.  I'm sitting in the chair, Buddy is on my lap and we both are almost asleep.

I waved John to come in and he hurriedly came in and directly to the kitchen.

"I've got two plastic containers of soup in here and it's hot and burning my hands.  I also brought you four King Hawaiian rolls."

I just sat in my chair and let him set everything down and come back into the living room and sit down.

"Remember those little pineapple upside down cakes you made?"

"Yes.  Did you like them?"

"They were delicious!  Can you tell me how to make them?"

"Sure.  It's easy."

"I'm going to friends house for Thanksgiving.  They always want me to bring my Corn Casserole, but I also want to take those cakes too."

"Do you have a muffin tin?"

"I have cupcake tins."

"Nope.  Did you notice that the cakes were larger around than cupcakes?"

"Yeah.  I wondered how you did that."
"They have muffin tins, at Meijers, six cups to a tin and they are larger."

"Okay.  I'll get two and then I can make twelve at a time.  I need twenty-four."

"Okay.  Get a can of pineapple slices, some maraschino cherries, vegetable oil, eggs, brown sugar REAL butter and a yellow cake mix."

"Okay.  I'll do that in the morning while Maisey is at the beauty salon."

"When you get all the stuff, come on over and I will have the recipe typed up for you and show you how to make them."

"OKAY!"
=================
The minute he left, I literally dove into the soup.  Ate it right out of the plastic container. 

 OMGOSH!!!  

Small bits of ham, potato slices, celery, carrots, onions in a delicious light creamy base.  I ate all of one of the containers.  So glad he brought two.  And those Hawaiian rolls?  I had never had them.  Kind of sweet and so delicious--with half a pound of REAL butter on them.

Now, I gotta remember to type up the recipe for him and put the pictures, I took when I made it,  on the page.

Spaghetti sauce has now simmered for 6 hours.  I will put it in the refrigerator over night and then simmer a bit more tomorrow, until it is nice and thick.
==============
By the way, remember the sweet pictures of Maggie the Cat I posted?  Well, apparently she had a Bi-Polar attack because just after I went to bed last night, she started tearing up and down the hall.  Jumping on the bed to launch herself off down the hall again.  I yelled, "NO!" a couple of times and she stopped, but...while I slept she was still on a tear and I woke up to this.




5 comments:

  1. Maybe Maggie found some catnip. LOL

    I love Hawaiian Sweet rolls! Thanks for making them jump on my grocery list for tomorrow. Soup sounds good lately. Maybe I need to put some ingredients on the list for that, too. In the winter I'll buy one a Meijer fully cooked chicken, eat off it a day or two and then make soup with what's left on the bones. I wish John was living near me. LOL

    The other day I had a 9:00 AM service appointment guy coming to the house and I decided to eat breakfast after he got here. Well, he didn't show up and by 1:00 I realized I never ate breakfast which is something I NEVER skip. Boy, did I get light headed and crabby. I thought I was going to pass out. Please talk to your doctor about your spells the next time you're in his office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potato soup. John is a fine man! A man you can laugh with and who cooks for you, but lives in his own house is a fine man indeed. Those Hawaiian rolls are delish.

    I bet your blood pressure dropped. Definitely tell your doctor. It's especially scary to have episodes like that when you live alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure don't like hearing about that spell you had, Judy. And, agree you need to tell the dr.

    That soup sounds so good! Glad you have someone like John around there. Oh, and of course Pearl & Merle. Dar? I'm not too sure about her, but she makes me laugh.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: I am no ghost or stripe of a cat person. I just don't understand the attraction. For me it's all dogs all the time. You'd never had KING'S HAWAIIAN ROLLS before? Oh mercy. I can't even look in their direction. I could eat the whole package. They're a huge weakness for my TG too. The soup sounds really good. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have woken up many mornings to chaos due to energetic cats! I personally love when they do that! Means they are healthy and happy! The soup sounds really good and I can practically smell that sauce cooking! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete