title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Golly Gosh!

It seems all I do lately on this here blog is catch up.  The time change or something.  By the time I come in here to post--it has been pitch black outside for hours and I am too tired.

Tuesday:  I took Pearl and she and I got our hair cut.  She went totally nutzy-cuckoo!  Had her hair cut almost as short as mine--real short in back.  I love it!!!  I was kind of worried about what Merle would say--and her daughter.  They are the two reasons she won't wear her new $300.00 glasses.

I kept telling her how attractive the new cut was.  "You even look younger!  I like how neat it looks and not hanging down on your collar."

On the ride home, she said,"I don't know what Merle is going to say."

"Who cares?  It's your hair.  You can wear it anyway you want.  Did he ask your permission before he started growing that awful, scraggly beard of his?"

"No!  Doesn't he look awful?"

"Yes.  If he gives you a hard time, tell him to go piss up a rope!"

Then an few minutes later, Pearl called me and invited me up for pizza they were having delivered.  Perfect!  I was out of food and tired.

I asked Merle, "Do you like Pearl's hair cut?"

"Ah...yeah...it's okay."

"Okay?  It's beautiful!  Her gorgeous pure white hair, looks thicker now and....so easy to take care of and neat."

"Well...yeah...I guess...she won't have to spend so much time in the bathroom in the morning."

Dar came over when I got home.  Oh my!  She is just the rudest individual I have ever met, I think.  Of course, she had to go into minute' detail about her father's visit and how wonderful it was and how he left her with five thousand dollars for his time there and how he is so funny (actually he's kind of senile) and how he likes to give out gold fifty cent pieces to everyone he meets.  (I never got one.)  and how it is just so funny and cute that he flirts with every woman he meets. (yeah--right).

She said, "It's just too bad that none of my neighbors seemed to want to go over and visit my Daddy and make his acquaintance.  Oh well, it's their loss."
(I felt no loss.)

Then, she took a breath and went right into a tirade about work and just how important she is to the company.

Another breath and she went into a story about re-finding her Podiatrist, that had left to set up an office in another town and how she hasn't gone to a foot doctor since he left and then she found out he's back in the area and she went in yesterday just to see him and make sure he was staying and told him how thrilled she was and he was the best and she needed an appointment ASAP, because, "Jack is the only one I trust to touch my feet!"  (gag me with a spoon!)

Then she got into something about how her mother and daddy were so mean to her when she was growing up and how that has affected her entire life, but now daddy loves her and just dotes on her and spoils her..........................yada, yada, yada.

Then, she asked me how I have been and when I went to answer her, she checked her Fit-Bit bracelet, her watch and her phone.

"Oh, oh.  I better take the long way home.  I haven't walked my required steps today."

and off she went.....................
========================
Today, I felt weak and sick, dizzy and tired, but--after my Soap, I got in the car and off I went.  Stopped at Tractor Supply and a nice young person loaded two 40# bags of bird seed on a cart and took them out and loaded them into my trunk for me.

Up to Wal-Mart to get a prescription filled and order my new glasses.  Then I walked the entire store to the tune of a heavy cart full of stuff.  (Only after I got home did I realize I had not bought myself any food.)  I was so weak and dizzy I felt like I was going to stumble and drop into a heap.  A nice young cart-boy pushed my cart out to my car and loaded all the heavy stuff into the trunk and back seat.

I was a mile down the road before I remembered I hadn't picked up my prescription.  Back to Wally World!  Park the car.  Walk back in.  Going to fall on my face!

Then on to get an oil change--didn't have a coupon, but they just took $7.00 off the total price for me.  A cute young Arab looking guy and I had a nice chat.  His hair was longish on top with a pony-tail that looked like a stubby tail on a dog, and the rest of his head is close cropped.  That was what our chat was about.

Then to the car wash next door where I got a half-price car wash because I had my sale receipt from the oil change place.

I drove home in a half stupor and called John to see if he could help me unload the car.  He said he was on his way to take a meal to the elderly couple, then he had church, but he'd stop by around eight-fifteen.  And he did!

That gave me a chance to eat something and I immediately started feeling better.  I am really bad about not eating breakfast and maybe only a cheese stick for lunch.  No wonder I was ready to drop dead!!!  I really need to change up my schedule and start eating cereal and milk and orange juice, when I first get up.

I had two pieces left of the small pineapple upside down cakes I made and I gave then to John.  He's making soup this weekend and promised to bring some over.  I really like that kid!!!

Now, it's 11:00, but of course it feels like midnight so I am going to bed.  So exhausted!
======================
My Maggie.  I think it is so precious how she sits on her bottom and puts her paws up on the window sill and watches the show outside.  Tonight it was her turn to take a nap on Mommy's recliner.






8 comments:

  1. Maggie is a cutie. My sister's dog, a Jack Russell Terrier, is a Maggie, too. That dog is a hoot.

    Dar will never change.

    Good on Pearl for trying something new. It makes you feel good to change things up occasionally. I got my hair cut shorter at my appointment last week. My hairdresser likes it longer, but I'm tired of it. It's easier to care for when it's short. I love the style she gave me. It has a little length (not to much) on top and she did this stylish and snazzy thing in the back. I'm happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I hope you feel better. If I don't eat breakfast, I get the hangries. I figured it out last year. If I get really hungry when I'm shopping, or if I'm somewhere that I can't get food quickly, I get irritable. As few minutes after I eat, it goes away. It's my blood sugar. I now keep protein bars in the car. They have saved me more than once. I hope you feel better soon. Don't skip that breakfast. Take care, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie is adorable the way she sits by the window.

    I can't go without eating in the morning. Since I started drinking protein shakes for breakfast I feel better all day long...gets all the vitamins and minerals in first thing. Not eating all day is a serious issue with people our age.

    Dar's father gave her $5,000 for his stay yet she wouldn't hire someone to check on him every day while he was here? She is so predictable, isn't she. It's all about her and what others should/could do for her.

    Take care, Judy, and start eating breakfast! Even a can of Insure or a protein shake is a good way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H drinks a protein shake every morning after his workout. He swears by them.

      Delete
  4. Please be careful Judy and take better care of yourself. Driving in a stupor is like driving buzzed. Your reactions are slower and you can't trust the other drivers! Love the way Maggie looks out the window. So cute! Hard to believe she could kill you if she was big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you wrote this about your eating habits, Judy. I really need to change mine also. Since living with Patti, neither one of us eat until dinner and sometimes I just make a fruit smoothie. Gotta change that.

    Dar? As usual, I have no words.

    Hey, that's great that Pearl has a nice new haircut. Yeah, and who cares if Merle doesn't like it. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Piss up a rope"...lol I haven't heard that ages ....haaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some buttery scrambled eggs in the morning will take you all the way through to dinner, I've found. Even better with strong hot coffee laced with heavy cream. I like reading about your adventures. xoxo

    ReplyDelete