title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 9, 2015

It's A Pain In The...................Knuckle.

But first............WOW!  I feel better these last few days than I have in months!  The fog has lifted from my mind.  I have not been forgetting things.  I have not once woke up and wondered what day it was.  I have energy.  I have clear thinking.  I feel happy and bouncy and........................

Is it breakfast?  I don't really think so because even when I started that routine, my head still felt filled up with mud.

Guess what I tried.  On my own with no consultation with the doctor.  Just some Googling.  I take three difference types of prescriptions for high blood pressure.  It seems to be working, other than being dizzy and lowering my pulse too low.

I take these 3 prescriptions in the morning, along with my anti-depressant which also had "light-headiness" as a side effect.  No where does it say I have to take them all at the same time.  The prescription merely reads, "Take by mouth once a day."

I have been told to take my Statin drug at night and my blood thinner just before I go to bed.  

Sooooooooooooooooo, I decided to....take one bp pill in the morning, one at noon and one at supper. I have done this 5 days in a row and BAM!  I noticed yesterday how great I was feeling.  Not one single dizzy!  Even Pearl noticed that I didn't have to stand and wait awhile before walking.  AND, I went without breakfast yesterday.

Tomorrow I will call my doc's office and see if what I am doing is all right.  You know me.  I like to try things on my own to see if they work BEFORE consulting a medical person.
====================
My Daddy swore that a copper bracelet that he made for himself, really helped with arthritis in his elbow, wrist and hands.  I always Poo-Pooed the idea.   Dar swears by magnets.  She has sox she wears with magnets in them and a magnet mattress pad and a pad for her chair.  She says it really helps with her (mild) arthritis.

Yeah right!  

Well, I decided to research a bit as the first knuckle on the index finger of my left hand is killing me.  It aches so bad and an occasional sharp pain, which hampers me greatly in my crocheting and knitting.  Sooooooooooo, I Googled and found all sorts of bracelets made of copper and RINGS!! Arthritis rings!  Under twenty bucks.

Sooooooooooooo, I ordered one.  Not only is it made of copper, with a gold plating, but it has two magnets.  We shall see.

I can bend and close my other fingers into my palm, but not my index finger.
This is as far as it goes because of the "bump" and the swelling.
 Please excuse the ugly sun spots on my hands


 I have never worn a ring on my index finger, but I see it is ALL the rage!
 and even if it doesn't help, it is so pretty.  
Looks almost like my favorite
Black Hills Gold.

4 comments:

  1. One of Don's nephews was hit by lightening and has had some serious issues every since. He swears by the copper bracelets and magnets. I have tried them and they didn't seem to do anything for me. But so many people say they work that I feel there must be something to it for some.

    I've never heard of taking three prescriptions for blood pressure! but it makes sense to space them out, if you really need that much. I'm sure that will help to keep your spaced out feelings and light hotheadedness away BUT keep eating breakfast! You need food in your belly when you take so many drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great news judy, meds can really screw you up. playing with times and dosages and trying extended release medications can really help. i'm so happy you have a tille more bounce in your step!!!

    and you are rockin' those rings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really had no idea that you take 3 scripts for high blood pressure. Sounds like it's working that way and I have a feel when you ask the doc, he'll agree that whatever works. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ring is beautiful and so are your hands. Don't ever apologize for them. I'm glad you may have your meds problem worked out. But still ... eat your breakfast!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete