title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Once Again

People in our society are going absolutely nutsy-cuckoo all over the place!

We have christians (notice small "c") boycotting Starbucks because they aren't going to use their Merry Christmas cups this year.

Social media allow kids to bully and fight and spread untrue rumors, then get a gun and going to shoot up a very small town school about 15 miles from here.  Thankfully, someone heard something and told someone.  I liked it better when, if two kids had a beef, they took it out on the play ground and beat the tar out of each other.  The teachers didn't interfere unless it got bad.  The kids got up off the ground, shook hands and went on with life.

Today on Face Book, a group of people with OCD are angry with Target for selling a cute shirt that says, "OCD  Obsessive Christmas Disorder."  I have a slight case of OCD and I'm not offended.

I was talking with a lady in line at Wal-mart this afternoon.  I was picking up a couple of Snickers bars and they had labels on them.  "Grouchy", "Loopy", "Momma Drama".  I showed her and she said, "I know someone I could give that Momma Drama one too."

I said, "Me too, but it isn't my Momma."

She said, "I'd give it to my younger daughter!"

I laughed, "Me too!!"

She had just returned from a visit with her daughter in Missouri.  Her daughter is very accomplished, has a good job and worked hard to get it.  During one conversation, this lady said something which she thought was a joke and a bit sarcastic.  Her daughter took offense and got mad.  The lady then said, "Look!  I'm sixty years old and I can say anything I want!  Can't you take a joke?"

I could see she was still troubled by the incident.  "I can't figure out why what I sad was so bad.  My God--she was raised in a family of jokers and wicked wit."

I just nodded in agreement.  It was like she was echoing my words exactly.    I said to her:


================================


Not many veterans in my immediate family.  My male ancestors were mostly farmers and were exempt from going to war.

A distant cousin, killed at the age of 16, in Missionary Ridge in TN  He is buried in the National Cemetery in Murfreesboro, TN

My mother's father, in WWI--he was a conscious objector, so he was a Chaplain, medic and bugler with the Cavalry.
My mother's oldest brother in the Navy.  
My mother's youngest brother.  He is buried in the     Great Lakes National Cemetery, just up the road in     Holly Michigan

 I finally got my new glasses today.  Not much difference than my last pair.
Can you tell which ones are the new ones?



And I went to the dentist for my four month cleaning.  No cavities, no problems.  (Gee, I haven't had a cavity for years and years.

(Lordy, I need a nose job!!!)

11 comments:

  1. You do not need a nose job, you silly woman. Which ever glasses are new, they look swell, and you should wear red and that lipstick often. You look so bright and cherry. Red is my favorite color, and it does not look that good on me, so I put dabs of it here and there in my house... and sometimes more than a dab.

    I've always known we had nutsy-cuckoo people in our country, but I'm dismayed to recently realize how many they number. It's a little scary. I try to tell myself that it isn't because we have more than ever before, but rather that the media keep pounding us with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant cheery... not cherry, but you do look kind of cherry-like in that red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second pair? And NO you don't need a nose job!Hahahaa
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually the T-neck is kind of a Fuchsia color and the lipstick kind of a mauve. I do not look good in red either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing the first pair is new because they are slightly smaller. And no, you don't need a nose job. LOL

    Starbucks has never used 'Merry Christmas' cup. Ever. In past years they had snowflakes, snowmen and ornaments and horse drawn carriages themes. And they do not script their employees in what to say regarding a holiday greeting other than "make their customers feel welcome and glad they came." I am so mad about people like Donald Trump calling for a boycott of Starbucks for using a plain red cup that I am vowing to stop every time I'm near one and I will decorate my house in their red cups this year. He is even saying he thinks he might not renew their lease in Trump Towers over a stupid red cup! His pandering to the far right is so insincere it isn't funny. He doesn't walk the talk and never did. Rant off!

    I haven't seen those Snicker bars but you sure can see that younger people are making marketing decisions like that, can't you. Kind of like the Valentine's Day candy with words only meaner. We used to make fun of soap operas because their kids would be babies one month and the next they'd be running corporations. Maybe in real life that is true. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's ridiculous anymore how easily people get offended these days! That Starbucks cup debacle takes it to new levels! I hope your new glasses are the ones on top! Those are the ones I like! Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You take great "selfies" Judy! And, I agree, love the red on you. Of course, I'd seen the new glasses on FB, but knew it had to be the ones on top. They look really nice.

    Yeah, the red cup - that's a crock for sure the way people are making so much fuss about every.single.thing. Not funny but ridiculous when there's other things going on that are important to all of us. Or, maybe not ALL of us. :(

    You should have seen a selfie that Hunt took of the two of us when I drove her to school the other day. I took that thing right off my phone, Lord have mercy I'm old, but I didn't think I looked THAT old. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OCD. Obsessive Christmas Disorder. That's hysterical ! Put me to sleep through New Year's.

    And put me to sleep until the election. God, please give me a sane person to vote for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes--the ones on top--without that dark lens edge on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's not start talking noses here now. Mine is the bane of my existence. I guess I agree that your new glasses are the top pic. I too get my teeth cleaned every four months. I love my dentist and all of his workers. As for all the offense being taken ... it's just pure out STUPID. The Starbucks cup? Look. I am a Christian -- big C (only because it is the name of Christ). I am a conservative voter. I love coffee. However, because I am aware that Starbucks is an extremely liberal company, I don't trade there much -- maybe three times in the last three years, if that. They're not a Christian company; I therefore do not expect them to act like Christians. But what is the problem with the bright red cups? They SCREAM Christmas, to me. It's not like Starbucks EVER had a religious-themed cup. Why would they? They are not in the business of religion. My daughter and I stopped in a Starbucks while on a shopping trip earlier this week because she had some gift cards. And do you want to know my main beef with them? The coffee is a rip-off. I got a skinny peppermint mocha drink and Erica paid over FOUR DOLLARS for it. Do you know what it tasted like? A packet of Swiss Miss "cocoa" mix poured into hot water, with a peppermint candy stirred in. I detected not even a HINT of coffee. So see? That is a rip-off. I make my morning coffee strong, hot, and fresh in a French press, for mere pennies. I can think of better things to spend my money on than barely-flavored water. Starbucks is selling the sizzle, not the steak. People think if they go in there, it makes them cool. It's a brilliant marketing ploy but I think it makes the customers look like dumb sheep. Carrying around a certain coffee cup doesn't make you cool. Let's all grow up now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete