title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 31, 2015

WOW!

A really nice day!

Thanks for the support you have given, via e-mails.  Glad to know I'm not the only one who would feel hurt as the MAMA!  You know, sometimes I feel like I am losing a grip and my mental state isn't all it should be.  Like perhaps I am reacting oddly.  Then I get a comment or a message from someone who  says, "Yeah, I feel the same way," and that lets me know.  Well, it lets me know either that others are also losing their grip with mental stability or as woman, you all can identify.  It's comforting no matter which way.  LOL

Pearl came down for a nice hour long porch-chat.  She was on her way to visit Jackie, but stopped in here first because Jackie was napping.  We had a great talk.  Giggled a lot and out-right laughed. 

"Oh, your Azalea's are so pretty."

"Azaleas?"

"Yes--those bushes behind you."

"Those are Rose of Sharon bushes."

"I get them mixed up."

"Azalea flowers are much smaller."

"Oh I know!  Just drop it!"

"And they don't bloom this time of year."

"Yes, I know!  Just drop it!"

"And Azalea bushes this tall usually only grow down south."

"Okay.  DROP IT!"

"These flowers remind me of Holly Hocks--which I can't grow."

"OKAY!  We will call them Rose of Sharon Holly Bushes!"

"Okay."
====================
Just like my BFF, back in the day, Pearl and I can go back and forth and tell each other when we think the other is being stupid and it is all right.  It has taken a while, she is overly sensitive, but I think we are finally there and it is great!!
===================
"By the way," she said.  "My three kids are getting along with each other---finally after all these years."

"That is great!"

"Yeah--they still don't like me too much and never tell me much, but at least they like each other.  At least at this exact moment."

"My kids all like each other.  It's me that a couple of them have a problem with."

"Did I ever tell you that six years ago, our son Vic had a heart attack and was in the hospital two days before anyone thought to call and tell us...his parents?"

 "No--I didn't know that.  Why are kids like that?"

"We didn't guilt them enough....like our parents did us."

"Yeah.  I guess."
==========================
One of the e-mails I got today was a real surprise.  A woman, who has been reading the blog for awhile, told me her name and where she lived.  She said she had commented before and then I remembered.  

Earlier this year, she told me the name of the Chinese restaurant, up in Howell,  that I was trying to remember.  Come to find out, her Mother lives directly across the street from me in the Condos and goes to the church where my Jennifer and family used to go.  Also, this woman, lives in a new LOG HOUSE directly on the road I drive on every time I go up to my home town, Byron, and The Farm!!  I've probably seen it and oohhed and aahhed, but now I will be sure and look for it.  

Now--how cool is that?  What a coincidence--or not.  I think there are NO coincidences in life.  Things happen for a reason--good things anyway!!

Then I got another e-mail from a reader that lives WAAAAAY out in Washington State.  I know she has been reading for awhile, but she doesn't often comment so I had no clue who she was or where she lived.  She told me a bit about her life.  We have similarities!

I LOVE THESE KIND OF CONNECTIONS!!!

It is also very good for my OCD.  I have made a list in EXCEL of all my readers, that I know of, and where they live and if they also have a blog.  If--on my right side-bar, I see in my Feed-Jit that someone from Ontario, or Oregon, or Washington, or Ann Arbor have visited but left no comment, I can look at my list and....."YAY!  Kathy, Dawn, Margie came by today."  Fills my heart way up to the top!!!

10 comments:

  1. Well, when you see a visitor from Keystone Heights; that's me even though I don't live there. LOL

    Good that you and Pearl can bicker a little, and not get upset - the way it should be!

    Oh, and I can agree alright - I'm losing my grip with mental stability and I'm a woman. hahaha You crack me up.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what you've been posting lately about Pearl she seems to be mentally more together than she was in the spring. Is that true? I know you were worried about dementia.

    I'm glad the blog community is supportive for you now, but aren't they always? If they follow our blogs they must get invested, I know I do in the ones I read. Blogger friends actually get to know us better than the people we meet in our day-to-day lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a good friend that you can be yourself with. I'm glad you have that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I see your posts on FB I sometimes forget to read your blog. According to live feed I have been here nearly 40 minutes so I had a lot of catching up to do.
    I love reading your blog posts.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning,
    So happy to hear you had a better day, and your Porch visit with Pearl sounds hilarious and the best medicine!! I think that could be a book, "Porch Visits with Pearl"......
    We are sitting tight at home today as the Cape Cod summer traffic and a big cycling event have everything gridlocked. Ms G is pacing around looking out all the windows and keeping us safe.
    You are in my thoughts, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KITTY/MARCIA! Maybe later, you can get down to the sea?

      Delete
  6. I know we should ALWAYS comment, but at least you can tell we've been by to read! I'm not sure HOW you keep up with all the blogs you read. And some of them write every day! You ARE a good friend ... which is why you HAVE good friends!

    How did the Wiccans do on the Blue Moon night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had to work last night.
      Did you notice on FB, that she responded right after you did?
      She said, "I howled but not at the moon."
      She had a cast put on her wrist late yesterday afternoon.
      Better now say anything about Wiccan's on my FB posts, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Ok, so I don't leave comments on your blog, but yours is the one I look forward to everyday. I don't blog myself, but have a long list of people I follow and feel like I am reading about old friends. I wonder what's going on with you, but don't really think it is my business to ask.
    I live in Byron Center, Mi. We are renting a duplex while we wait for a new stand alone condo to be built. Should be moving the end of August. Looking forward to getting all my boxes emptied out and enjoying all the things that have been packed up for a year.
    I feel like I know you so well. We are huge MSU fans too.
    I will try to comment more often. I read so many of the same blogs that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day, people would ask me, "Where are you from?"
      I'd answer, "Byron."
      "Oh. Byron Center. I know where that is."
      "No. Byron. I doubt if you know where it is." HAH

      Truth be told Mitzi, I have NO idea where Byron Center is. LOL

      Delete