title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Ticked Off


Monday I had to chase all over the county again--well not the entire county--I exaggerate--but Brighton.  I went to the Chiropractor's and then stopped at the Hair Salon to get my bushy catapillars (eyebrows) tamed down a bit and then on to Pearle Vision to get my glass prescription filled.

My Advantage health plan pays for $200.00 on a pair of glasses and 20% off things like progressive lenses, etc.  They did not have a pair of frames under $237.39.  I thought, "well that's cool.  I will only have to pay $37.39."  I AM AN IDIOT!!

I forgot the lenses expense, so when the girl was done figuring out the cost, it was over $400.00, which still would have left me with $200.00 to pay AND, she wasn't sure, even though they are listed in my provider list, that they worked with my insurance plan.

So, I grumbled all the way home!  I got inside and it occurred to me.  If I have to pay $200.00, why don't I just forget this insurance and buy them at Wal-Mart or Costco.  I have purchased my last two pair there and it has always been $189.00.

So today, I was going to go to Wal-Mart and get the frames I looked at last week ($48.00) and just get it done.

BUT--I woke up this morning, it was raining and hotter than heck and I didn't feel like doing anything.  By the time it cooled off this afternoon, I was not in the mood.

When I came out from the bathroom, there was a message on my voice mail from my case worker that she had come up with a way to help me pay the hospital/ambulance/doctor bills that I owe.  That she would call me back.

I waited around all afternoon and of course, she never called back.

I wanted to call the insurance company and sign up for the kind I used to have, but didn't want to take the chance on missing the case worker's call, so---in essence, I got nothing done today except three loads of laundry!!!

Then I got a phone call from Bethie and she drove down for a visit.  The highlight of my day!  Day heck!  The highlight of my month so far.  We decided that we would go to the Old Gals lunch next week.  We will meet in Byron and I will ride up to the restaurant with her.  It will be nice to have a few minutes to talk before we get to the lunch, where the conversation will be dominated by Liz or June--or both.  LOL

Nice to talk with Beth because, we've known each other since we were 6 years old and we both feel the same way about most things.  Just when I think perhaps I am a nut case, she will mention something that is the same way I feel.  So, if two feel the same that means, nothing is wrong with either one of us.

Right now we both seem to be in the "life is so brief that it's silly to worry about much, because in the end, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference."  HAH

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I agree! Worrying is wasted time. I try every day to life everyone up to the Lord, and the next thing I know, I take it back. Maybe that makes ME crazy.

    I hope you can get the glasses you need, and not be out of pocket. Since I've had cataract surgery, I only need readers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just gotta keep doing it Sally. Give it up to God. After awhile, it becomes a good habit and you feel real easy and less stress.

      I need the surgery, pretty soon.

      Delete
  2. Glasses are such a rip-off! I hate paying for them but you can't do without them. Sometimes I just have them put my new prescription in my old frames for half the cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that too, Jean, more than once.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I want a buddy like your Beth. That's what I enjoyed about my late hubby. I think I'm going to invent a surrogate Beth. You know, one thing I would say to her - "I'm just not that interested in very many people. And I'm not that interested in me, either". She'd agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I think that is exactly what she said and I agreed! LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I need glasses for different distances. I can't get those unless I have 3 pairs of readers, but it would be cheaper.

      Delete
  5. You're absolutely right...it just doesn't matter!
    Thanks for the link Judith!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, I have not done this but I know of people who have and been very pleased. You order your glasses online. Zenni Optical. You need your prescription from the Dr. and then contact Zenni. They send out a ruler, if you need, bifocals, trifocals, etc. Friends paid $350 from their Dr. and ended up paying $78, bifocal and photo darkening. That's all I know about it. Hope this helps someone. I am going to do this next time I need an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to check into this. Thanks.Judi !!

      Delete