title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Perfect Weather--66 degrees


I am lusting after this Oriole feeder.  On Sale (?) for $44.00!  Can you even imagine paying that much for a bird feeder?  All my feeders are copper, so this one caught my eye.
I guess my home made one will have to do.  I put it up yesterday, with jelly and a half an orange on the bush next to it.
















John stopped by yesterday at 1:00 and unloaded the 90# of bird seed out of my car trunk and into my metal garbage can/bird seed container.  I tried to help him carry the bags, but he insisted he do it all by himself and handed the dog's leash for me to hold while he worked.  He put 1/3 of the sunflower seeds in the can and then 1/3 of the regular seed and bent over and fixed it with his hands.  Then repeated until all the seed was in the can.  I thought I'd stir and mix it up with a shovel, but he has paws as large as shovels and did a great job.  I never even thought of doing it that way.  Hm-mm.  I wonder if he has done this before or if he is just a smart enough man to know how to do something properly?  I filled up my feeders, sprayed them a bit with the Hot Sauce to keep the squirrels away and we are good to go.















Merle came down today and took down the frame-work and the insulation on my back door.  I have so much light coming into that hallway now--I am a happy person!


















I vacuumed, dusted, rearranged the tables in my living room, cleaned the windows inside and decided to put up the summer sheers today--while I watched the Master's Golf Tournament.

Out with the heavy drapes and valances and cafe curtain


 In with the sheers and no cafe curtain on the bottom.














Do you think the tasseled valance is a bit too much?  Looks like a French Whorehouse?

I have no cafe curtain on the bottom half of the window so at night, any and all could look in.  They can't see me however, as my recliner is tucked back in the corner.  I just like wide open windows to catch every ray of light and bring it into my environment.  It doesn't get dark enough to put on inside lights until quite late, so---most neighbor's would be inside and not looking. Yes--I have blinds on every window, but I rarely lower them.  LOL 

Speaking of the Master's Tournament--what a great winner.  21 years old and set all kinds of records.  I hope he keeps going great in his career  AND  he is a lot nicer than Tiger.  At least if he hits a bad tee shot, he doesn't swear for all to hear like Tiger used too!
=================
A new week.  I will be outside over-doing!!



7 comments:

  1. I didn't know the Orioles are back in Michigan. I'll have to put my jelly dishes out. I love the feeder you're lusting after but I wouldn't spend that much either. I'm getting so many black crows right now, I'm going to have to stop at the bird store to find out what they won't eat. I hate them.

    In my old house I had sheer curtains and I loved them but Don never did. Maybe I'll get some again. There is nothing that says spring more than washing and hanging the sheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can remember some of Tiger's wrath on the courses over the years. UGH!

    Your curtains look nice, and you know it seems like yesterday when you had the back door ready for winter. I wonder if it's my "older" age that makes time seem like it goes faster. Maybe when we're young, we don't notice it as much.

    Nothing wrong with your feeder, and you're such a nice person, Judy to feed the birds. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like longer, warmer days have sprung on us very quickly this year. The UK is due for a mini heat wave this week. Shame that I'm back in school!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! I can't imagine doing season anything! I am enjoying being lazy! I have room darkening cellular blinds in Maui. They open from the top or the bottom so I can let in enough light and keep out the hot. No valances or curtains. In Oregon they are also cellular blinds but they let in the light. I think the kids did put up room darkening curtain in the boys room ....

    I really don't even have separate winter/summer wardrobes! Of course don't need that in Maui ... yet barely need it in Oregon. Pretty temperate ... just need waterproof coat and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feeder is nice. We used to get Orioles once in awhile when we lived in Maryland. It sounds like you're all set for your birds for awhile. I hope the people who bought our house will feed the birds. If not, the little guys will miss us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bird feeder! And am loving these warmer, longer days! It's so nice to drive to work and home in the light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bird feeder! And am loving these warmer, longer days! It's so nice to drive to work and home in the light!

    ReplyDelete