title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, April 17, 2015

ARGGH!

188/723--last night when I went to bed.

165/75--an hour ago.

I hate this!  There is a wive's tale about not worrying about the top number on the BP, but it worries me.  I continue with the Doc's experiment, even though I know if I increased my BP med, it would straighten out.  I USED to take 25 mg of Lisinopril, twice a day.  I was down-graded to 20mg twice a day in the hospital.  I just KNOW the doc will increase it back up to 25 next Tuesday when I see him.  

I have to get a blood draw Monday 9:30am, so he will have the results of the test when I go in Tuesday at 2:30.  You know how I HATE blood draws--I get so nervous and jumpy when I see that dang needle.  I DO NOT have White Coat Syndrome--my BP at his office is usually 126/68.  AND the dang Lasix is giving me the dizzies.  I never met a water pill that didn't make me dizzy.

You know what is weird?  Dar and I have the same thing=AFib,  She goes to my Doc now.  We are basically on the same meds, but she has to be careful about low Sodium and I have to be careful about low Potassium.  

Just my luck--we'll probably go down at the same time and be in hospital at the same time--no doubt the same room!  My worst case scenario!!!
===========
Anyway--yesterday I drove on up to the hometown and joined my friends at the High School Cafeteria for their monthly Senior Citizen lunch.  We had a good meal and it was nice to see people I haven't seen in years.  Some of them look the worse for wear--I tell you.  Younger than me and not looking good.  Scary!  

Then I went out to The Farm to drop some stuff off for my sister and they were not home.  I found out later, we passed each other on the road as I was coming home to Howell and they were leaving Howell to go home.  HAH!

Today--I work outside even if it kills me!!!  Dar tells me the harder I work, the lower my BP will go.

WHAT?

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having the blood pressure issues, and dizziness. Hopefully, all will be well sooner. xoxo

    GAH! What a nightmare if you ended up in the same room as YOU KNOW WHO! Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ug! I hate having my blood drawn too and I have to every 6 months due to the diabetes! I have "deep veins that 'roll' " so they have to use that little butterfly needle and poke a vein that is very shallow! When I find a good phlebotomist I always want to take him or her with me wherever I go! Hope you're blood pressure issues resolve quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ug! I hate having my blood drawn too and I have to every 6 months due to the diabetes! I have "deep veins that 'roll' " so they have to use that little butterfly needle and poke a vein that is very shallow! When I find a good phlebotomist I always want to take him or her with me wherever I go! Hope you're blood pressure issues resolve quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get this figured out soon. Worrying about it will raise your BP. Exercise WILL lower it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blood draws are much easier if you drink lots of water the day before. The vein is easier for them to find and the blood flows better and they can get it with one try. Don't look at the needles or the little bottles that blood goes in also helps.

    Only Dar could come up with the theory that blood pressure goes don't with exercise. I used to obsess about my blood pressure but now I just ignore it altogether unless I have a bad headache or other reason to think it might be high. For me, it works better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean R. is right with that first paragraph of hers. It is what I do as well.
    I do have white coat syndrome and I hate it. It is quite embarrassing when my BP is so high and I argue with the doc that it's never that high at home. I take 10 mgs of lisinopril in the am and 10 in the pm and also 25 mgs of atenolol in the pm as well. I used to be on a water pill but doc mercifully discontinued that a few years back. The morning of a doctor appt. I always eat a baked potato for the potassium and last time I drank red beet juice (no sodium in it) and that usually helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what else can lower your blood pressure. Sit with your eyes shuts and chat (to yourself) the word "lower" over and over again for five minutes while taking deep breaths as well. I've done this several times in the doctor's office in between when the nurse takes the pressure and the doctor comes into to do it. The doctor always things the nurse made a mistake because I'm able to bring my BP down quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoyed time in your garden today! Are your flowers smiling back at you yet? What good therapy for the soul : -)

    Thank goodness you're seeing a doctor this Tuesday. You'll talk sense into him. I get so queasy with the needle, too. I cannot look at it or the vial, when I'm donating. Since I donate a pint regularly, I drink lots of water the days before and talk non-stop to my new BFF, whoever's doing the dastardly deed, to take my mind off it. I'm sending prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jean is right about being able to lower you blood pressure. I do the same thing in the doctor's office. After the nurse takes it, I sit quietly and visualize sitting outside by a stream on a beautiful day with a soft breeze. It doesn't matter what you think about as long as it is calming. It always works for me.

    I don't mind having blood drawn. I had it taken in both arms on Thursday. It's just part of the deal. My siblings faint.

    I hate it when the doctor messes with my meds. It's always an adjustment. I hope you BP adjust soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FINALLY taking time to read my favorite blogs! BOO on BP issues. Especially when you are as healthy as a 40 year old! I do go along with purposefully relaxing and slow breathing before the cuff goes on and while it is on.

    I love how you tell your Dr. NO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, hate the blood draw. It's always so difficult for them. I just say, don't tell me what you are doing, and just get it done. I'm not watching! ugh.

    ReplyDelete