title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Thoughts

========================================================================

I don't know quite how to describe something I went through.  While I was in the hospital.  After they did the cardioversion on me--as I was waking up from the Propofol.

They gave me the injection and I felt the heaviness in my forehead and said, "Here I go," and went out.  What seemed like a few minutes later--I was waking up, I guess.

I heard the nurse say, "What's so happy?"  and I asked, "What?"

She said, "You just said OH, quite loudly and I looked and you were smiling.  What's up?"

I didn't tell her because it was so fresh and new I didn't know what to say.

Just a second before I heard her, I saw Jesus.  He was walking away and he turned and looked right at me and smiled the biggest grin ever.  I was so surprised I took in a sharp breath and said, "Oh!" and I tried to catch up with Him.  I felt such peace and I wanted to walk with him.  I was so happy to see Him.

He didn't look like any picture I have ever seen of Him, but I knew instantly who He was.    He looked something like this image I Googled and finally found, except other people were with him and he was grinning at me.


I don't know what to make of all of this.  No doubt a reaction from the drug.  When I go to bed at night, I can see this image so clear.  Was He looking back at me and walking away because I was once again well and not going with Him?  I have no idea.  All I know is that feeling of peace and happiness and His great big grin have stayed in my memory since.

I don't believe in visions and spirits visiting us and any of that, so I have to assume that this "visitation" was just a reaction to waking up from the Propofol, however, I have had that drug many times and never had an experience like this.

I wonder...was it real?  
=====================

I have been threatening to (since January) and today I did--mopped the kitchen and hall/utility room floor.  I love it all shiny in the sunlight.

Last year, when I walked, I'd walk down to Fred's Heart tree and back=400 steps.  This evening I decided I needed to start walking again, so off I went toward the Heart Tree.  I got there and just kept on walking--to the corner and back.  Equaled 800 steps.  I can walk better now than I have in years--although it has taken 3 years since my hip surgery to finally get back to being able to walk with no discomfort.  

Sometimes, when I go to Wal-Mart, I count my steps from the front of the store to where I begin filling my cart--usually the back of the store, and I noticed that I could walk 200 steps quite easily.  I thought it might be harder here, with no cart to hang on to, but--I feel real proud of myself and I think next walk, I can make it down to the lake and back.
=====================
Hardly any comments on my blog anymore.  I guess I write too much?  Or what I write is boring?

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, Judy, you are far from boring. Never in a million years. If I had to choose just one blog it would be yours. You give me strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you are never boring. I love keeping up with you, whether it is your thoughts of what is happening in your neighborhood, your garden and birds....I am always inspired on some level. Today it was your walking....I am at that point, too, as I add on more and more steps each day with my new knee. It is still quite cold here but each day, more steps add up and my knee feels stronger.
    Happy day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Judy, you aren't boring. I enjoy reading your blog. It is the first one I read every day. Sorry about your comments being low. About your experience in the hospital, I find very interesting. Hang on to it, who knows, maybe one day you will get the answer. Have a great day. Margie in AR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read every day but don't always comment because I'm usually at work....but you are NOT boring.

    Interesting experience in the hospital, I'm not sure what to make of that, I'm glad it made you feel peaceful though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments on my blog are down, too. I think it's because spring is here and people get busy....or else we're both boring. That's a joke. You're not boring.

    Your experience in the hospital doesn't surprise me. I think our minds create whatever it is that comforts us at a time like that. Jesus waking away from you at the hospital was just your brain's way of telling you that you weren't dying at that point in time. Real or not doesn't matter. All that counts is it brought you peace when you probably needed it more than you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about everyone else but I comment when I visit..which is not real often lately due to lack of computer time! Mostly when I can sneak it in at work! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about everyone else but I comment when I visit..which is not real often lately due to lack of computer time! Mostly when I can sneak it in at work! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy. I have to say I agree with the comment made by Cheyenne. You are never boring and your blog is fun and uplifting. VickieOkc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Judy, you are not boring - like me
    you write from your heart.
    I do not comment a lot lately
    and should.
    So much going on I do not share...
    Take care
    keep walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are far from boring. Your's is the first blog I look for-I enjoy reading about your everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog again. I was reading it for a few years & then you just disappeared from "brighton the corner" Figured you got some flak about your last posts. Am glad to see you blogging again!! I never comment because I don't have a profile. PS how did your daughter make out with her dentures? One of the alst posts I read Pammy(not sure???) was getting her remaining teeth out & dentures & looking forward to a dazzling smile again.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH--how did you find me again? And I must know your name and where you are from--that is a new requirement (NOT really, I'm just curious.) Pammie did well with her dentures--now has her permanent ones and her smile, which is always on her face, looks just great. She is still taking care of younger sister Jen's kids AND Jen is actually speaking to me--well a little. I had to be in hospital and with a heart issue before she got the hint that Mom may not be around forever and really isn't worth hating. We shall see how things progress. Thanks for finding me!!! See? You can comment even if you don't have a profile or a blog. Lots of people do!!!

      Delete
  12. I've been out of town and not on the computer at all! Glad you are feeling good and walking more. Great! What an amazing experience. I'm glad you're still here, but good to know you'll have a welcoming committee :-)

    ReplyDelete