title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 20, 2015

Egads and Little Fish Hooks!!!

Cold and rainy today with a bitter wind.  Kind of matches my mood.

To the doc's office early to get a blood draw.  A different nurse and she can't seem to find a good vein and have I mentioned?  I HATE NEEDLES!!!

I left a report for the doc to look at before I go back, late tomorrow afternoon.  A list of the meds I was on when the AFib hit and a list of the ones I am on now.  Also a list of my BP three times a day--that oughta scare him, I know it sure does me.  Questions and suggestions we might try to lower the BP again and in large letters:  WE NEED TO COME UP WITH AN ACTION PLAN!

The lowest my BP has been all week was 179/58.  Did you know if you have a high number that the bottom number should be higher too?  With the bottom number low, it is not a good thing.  With 179 Systolic, I should be in at least the 70's, diastolic.  

I went back to taking 30 mg of my BP med, twice a day, like I was on before, as the 20mg wasn't doing a thing.  Unfortunately, neither is the 30mg.  

Last night, my BP was 213/79--this morning 197/62.  Pulse rate: 48.  THIS IS NOT GOOD!!
=====================
Dar came over at 11:00, just as I was trying to relax in my recliner and maybe catch a tiny nap.  

"I got the glider chair."

"Cool.  What is a glider chair and why did you get one?"

"It was my Dad's.  Pat and my brother are moving next week and they sent Dad's chair home with me."

"Okay."

"I am really feeling forsaken."

"Why?"

"Well, Pat and my brother are moving to Arizona and Dad will be flying out to get a new place next month and....I'm going to be all alone."

"Your brother Mike and his wife are still here."

"I don't like her."

"Oh."

"I feel like I'm not good enough and that is why everyone is moving away from me."

"Oh good grief!  They are moving because your brother wants to live in Arizona and so does your Dad.  That's the only reason."

"It doesn't feel that way to me."

"Good thing you have a job or you'd drive yourself crazy."

"I think that is the only thing that will save me."

"I think YOU think too much!"

"I'm going to go get my hair cut at one today."

"That will make you feel better.  I'm going to have to cut this short.  I'm not feeling well and I wanted to catch a little nap."

"Oh...okay."
<not so much as a question on why I didn't feel well--cause you know--IT'S ALL ABOUT HER!>
===========================
Off to the Chiropractor at 2:00.  My neck feels better anyway

Got a Subway with my gift card, on the way home.

Hopefully tomorrow brings some sort of explanation of the BP and how to fix it!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully you soon feel better
    My B/P is high when their is stress
    and always when I am at the doctors
    fine at home when I take
    and seems at this time of life, with children and grandchildren
    there is always something to be stressed about..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy - something has to give about your blood pressure (like, you didn't know that) but, I mean really from where I'm sitting here. Doesn't sound good at all. Bless you.

    If Dar was my neighbor, mine would be through the roof. The pulse isn't too very bad, but not good either. Mine has always been between 55 and 60; the dr's always ask if I've been a runner. No, except from ex-husbands. :)

    Take care of you. Wish I could help. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope there is an answer soon. That is not a good place to be.....As the others said, when you are stressed, it can get worse.
    Awful weather here today, too. Right now the winds are at about 50 and the rain is pelting the house. Glad I don't have to go out.
    I do wonder if we can become immune to BP meds after awhile. When mine was changed up, all the issues went away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sally. Take it easy, Judy, don't be doing housework or anything physical that can't wait until you get this stuff straighten up. And carry your cell in your pocket so it's always close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not let up on your quest to figure out why your blood pressure is so high. If your Dr can't figure it out, find someone who will. This is serious stuff. Stay calm and carry on.
    Sit in your chair, pet your kitties and watch your soaps. Hopefully tomorrow is the start of you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be low-key and relax until you get your meds changed and see some results. I know this is disturbing. And don't let Dar in the door. She'd annoy a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While it is great to give him your records (and doctors want that kind of record for sure), you need to be careful about "medicating" yourself. He has made changes for a reason, and has you on a short recall because of that. Also tour bp machine may not be working correctly.

    ReplyDelete