title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Nice Day

Look what came in the mail today!

I finally saved up enough $$ to order 10 copies of my last print book.  



Speaking of books, I have been writing my How To book in Book Wright by Blurb.  They will print it out for me, BUT, it is too many pages long, with too many photos and would cost me an arm and two legs to afford to get it printed for distribution.

Speaking of books, I also finished my Family History book that I want to give my kids, also with Blurb.  BUT, it is too long and has too many photos and would cost me over $100.00 PER BOOK to get one printed.  

SO--I am copying them off the Blurb site and putting them into Word.  THEN--I will go on a search at Staples or somewhere and find the kind of paper I want and...print them out and bind them myself!!!
OR, check at the printing company just up the road.

SO THERE!!

I want to get some sort of paper that is kind of like what they use in a magazine--kind of shiny, but not as heavy as photo paper.  It will probably cost me $100.00 in paper and ink, but that will cover at least 5 copies of the Family History book.  For the How To book, I will do the same and then if anyone wants it, I can print and bind a copy for them.  Figure out how much one copy costs, and just charge them that and postage.  I don't need a profit.  I just need the cost of this fun book.

SO THERE!!!

Now, my surrogate daughter Chrissy, (my daughter from another mother) wants me to test one of her crochet patterns.  This sounds like fun and will give me a new project to work on while watching baseball games.  She will pay me for my time and supplies.  Win-Win!

SO THERE!!!

I am a woman on a mission.

9 comments:

  1. Have you given any thought to breaking up your family history into several books? I did mine in four books...two for my dad's side (mother and father) and two for my mothers. Sure, it still cost me nearly $50 a book over at MyCanvas but I was able to spread the cost out over time and got great quality printing with photos. I did a book of family memories through a local printing place and if I live long enough I'll redo it through MyCanvas or Blurb. It just doesn't look as professional, hand bound.

    Congratulations on Grandma's Treasure!!!!! Are you going to give a copy to Jennifer, since you named a character after her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart
    have wanted to do this with my blog
    No time and do not know hoiw...
    Wish you lived near
    so I could hire you to help me
    and teach me to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good things, happy for you....you are so resourceful.....I did have many years of my blog printed and bound and it was PRICEY!! Glad I have it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Judy! I'm happy for you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun and you are so creative! And to get to test a crochet pattern!! Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are feeling better. Have fun with all your projects! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I came back and caught up on your blog from the day I left and you scared the daylights out of me! So happy you've gotten it figured out! And Grandma's Treasures!!! I'm so excited for you! You'll please list it on the sidebar so people can buy copies? Yes? Pretty please??? Thank you, thank you, Thank YOU for being willing to test that pattern for me. I've had it completed just waiting for someone to test the different sizes for ever so long. I'm so happy you've agreed to test it!! Thank you!! Love you! HUGS
    Did you try pricing your How To and Family History books over on Instant Publisher? It might be less expensive there. And you also might try doing what I did with my cookbook and offering advance sales to cover the publishing costs? Or set it up on Kickstarter to public fund the publishing costs? I've seen some wonderful results there. Just suggestions. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another thought...you can set the family history book up at Blurb so that your family members can preview and order the book directly through them at their own expense. You only would have to email them an invitation through Blurb to preview it and they'd get a link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO THERE! Congratulations to you!!! Having them made into books will for sure be a keepsake heirloom for generations to come! Start a Fundraiser or Kickstart campaign to raise money!

    ReplyDelete