title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 24, 2014

Sorry 'Bout That

I do not have any photos of the decorated farmhouse--that I can find anyway.  I was more into taking tons and tons of Super 8 movies back in those days.

It rained hard all night long.  This morning is was warm--58 degrees by noon.  I had to run into Brighton to pick up some papers from the attorney's office and to get a new color inkjet refill.    I got home, put the new inkjet in and the "tear drop" still blinked, which means the refill is dead!  Has happened way too often at this place I go to--Cartridge World.  So--tomorrow, I will have to drive back into town and get a replacement.  BOTHERATION!!

No more got headed back to the washer and Dar breezed in. 
<BOTHERATION>

"Do you notice how calm I am?  Am I like my normal self?"

"Well--lately your normal self has been out of control!"

"Hah!  Guess what?"

"What?"

"Oh--are you busy?"

"Kind of."

"Okay, I'll make this quick."
<sure you will>

"The surgeon, who says I don't have a hernia, sent me in for that ultra sound and drain last week."

"Yes."

"Well--her office called today.  The girl said that although the people who did the ultra sound and the drain, say I have a hernia, the surgeon still doesn't agree with them."

"So--why did she send you for the tests if she isn't going to take into account the results?"

"I know.  Weird isn't it?"

"So, let me get this straight.  The ER doc said you had a hernia--way back on October twenty-first.  The technician that did the CAT scan said you have a hernia.  Your primary care doc says you have a hernia.  The doc who did the ultra sound and drainage says you have a hernia.  But the surgeon says you don't."

"Yes..and she says she is the authority because she is the surgeon."

"It's time for you to get a second opinion from another surgeon."

"I know."

"Did you go back to work?"

"No.  I can't until the surgeon signs off."

"But...the surgeon doesn't think you have a hernia...so...why isn't she signing a release so you can go back to work?"

"I don't know...and it's driving me crazy that I can't get back to work.  You know how I hate staying home!"

"Well...you haven't exactly been staying home.  You've gone out everyday--even the day we had the freezing rain."

"I have to get my Bigby coffee every morning.  If I don't...I get cuckoo."
<well now, that explains everything>

"Finding a surgeon that does hernia repair can't be all that difficult.  You need a second opinion.  Hernia surgery is relatively simple, nowadays.  They do it out patient...four hours and you're home."

"It won't be that simple for me.  You know--something will happen and I will be hospitalized."

She finally left an hour after she arrived.
==============================
As I was walking back to put laundry in the washer, I noticed...my kitchen curtains looked a bit limp and dingy.  So...I ripped them off their rods and threw them in the washer.  Because they are 100% cotton, they had to be ironed and I felt they should also have a bit of spray starch on them to "crisp" them up.
I had forgotten how much I actually enjoy ironing.  

Of course, getting them back on their rods without them getting new wrinkles is always a trial.  Especially when I got them on the rods and then realized that I had the curtains on the valance rod and the valance on the curtain rods, and had to switch them out!!  GEEZ LOUISE!















These birdies came by yesterday afternoon, after I filled all the feeders and put out the suet cake.



Yes--I got my two large lighted Christmas balls up on the porch overhang yesterday and today---at 3:00 when the 50 mph winds came in, I took them down and stashed them in the house for safety.

The temperature fell 20 degrees in less than two hours.  At least, the extension cords are up and when it calms down, all I have to do it hang and plug the light balls back in and hang the lighted wreath back up on the porch front and all will be good.


At supper time, I enjoyed a bit of cat watching. Maddie is feigning sleep and Buddy is watching. Minutes later, he went over and patted her face and she jumped up and wrestled with him and I had my evening entertainment.


Then, when I was done eating, Maggie jumped up on my lap and licked up all the cracker crumbs that had fallen on my shirt front.  Such sweet little kids.
================

Oh--I almost forgot.  There is a lady up the street, about five houses up from Dar...Dar's friend Judy L. who is decorated outside to the nines!  Looks rather like a tacky carnival to me, but......

Pearl called me at seven tonight and said, "Did you see Dar's outside decorations?"

"No, I didn't know she had any up."

"Yes--she has a big green wreath and some red lights on the end of her house.  Go and look out your front windows."

So I did and...I saw nothing.  

"What do you mean you can't see them!"

"I am looking out my window at this very moment and Dar has NO Christmas lights on her house."

"Well, I've got my neck craned around and looking out this back, side window and I see them!  You must be looking somewhere else!"

"I am standing here.  Looking directly at Dar's house.  She has no Christmas lights anywhere on her house."

"Well, I don't know what's wrong with you, but you've got a problem!"  and she hung up.

Three minutes the phone rang again--it was Pearl.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"Dar doesn't have any lights on her house."

"I know."

"I told Merle you were nuts, so he got up and went to the front door to look straight across at her house and he said, 'Pearl..you're the one who's nuts.'  So I got up and went out there and....."

"They are the reflections of Judy L's. lights on your window and when you are sitting down and look back out the window, it looks like they are on Dar's house?"

"Yes.  Why didn't you tell me that!"

"Because my dear friend, once you have made your mind up, there is no changing it, until you change it on your own."

"Well--that IS true."  and we had a good laugh.

...........and, so goes life in the hood!.............














5 comments:

  1. You've had a busy day today.

    I don't know how you get such good photos of your bird feeders. The minute I step up to the window to take a picture, they all fly off.

    Why would anyone in their right mind go out in the kind of snow storm we just had here in MI just to get a cup of coffee? I love, love love my Starbucks, and Bigby's when I can't get Starbucks, but I would never endanger my life to get it. The rain that came your way as strong. I have a heavy trash cart and when the rain was on this side of the state it blew the cart down the street like a tinkle toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got such great captures of the birds...especially love that little woodpecker! :)

    Have a good holiday out at the farm ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I need Bigbe coffee, that cracks me up! And, Pearl-LOL. Sometimes I'd like to have closer neighbors but I'm afraid they won't be Bigbe coffee drinkers.

    Your curtains look really nice, Judy. I need to do the same with the ones in my bedroom, and okay here comes the cuckoo in me - I did them when we first moved here, and since I don't have an ironing board, I can't remember how I starched and ironed them. DUH Really.

    I hope you'll have a nice Thanksgiving; you'll be going to your sisters?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting little neighborhood! Every group has their "interesting" neighbors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG We are laughing so hard about Pearl's Christmas light story. You can't make it up, can you? Real life is much funnier than fiction.

    Dar definitely needs a second opinion.

    I love to iron, too. It's a zen-like job. Eases the mind. Your curtains look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete