title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, November 14, 2014

Does Anyone Have Some Phenobarbital I Can Borrow?



Feeling so great last night and this morning.  Calm.  Happy.  Relaxed.  Content.

Dar flew in at 11:00.  She was very hyper.  One doctor thinks she has a hernia.  The other doctor thinks she has an abscess.  She can't get a straight answer.  I tell her, "that's why you're having an ultra sound on Monday,, so they can determine what is going on."

"I can't stand it!  I'm going  crazy, Judy.  I tell you I am going crazy!  I knew I had to come over or I might just go mental."
<ah--you already are>

I noticed she had her phone and a notebook with her.

"Are you waiting for a phone call?"

"Yes.  The doctor is suppose to call me and tell me what they are going to do on Monday.  I have to know!  I can't go in for a procedure and not know what it's for!"

"You are going in to find out, what it is and how they are going to treat it.  That's why you have to have an ultra sound on Monday."

"Yes, but what it I get in there and they decide to do surgery?"

"Well...wouldn't that be a good thing.  You'd get it all done at one time and not have to worry about going back in."

"I am losing it!"

"Dar...you lost it a week ago."

"I did?"

"Yes, you were over here going through much the same emotional stress you are going through right now."

The conversation went on for about an hour--she justifying why she worries like she does, why she reacts like she does.

"What would you do...if this was happening to you?"

"I would go off my head, that's for sure.  You can't control a bit of it.  Give it to)--and I pointed skyward).  Let Him handle it."

"I have all my faith in God.  It is His will and in His plan."

"Then....why are you so stressed and worried?"

Just then her phone rang.  It was one of the doctor's.
====================

The most frightening thing happened.  I have never witnessed such a thing in my entire life!

I went into the bathroom, because I had to pee, but I wanted to give her some privacy.

All of a sudden, I hear Dar yelling, screaming, crying.  

I ran out and she was pacing and yelling and then she fell down on the floor on her knees..."YOU'VE GOT TO PUT ME OUT FOR THIS.   NO...I KNOW IT'S A LOCAL, BUT I NEED TO BE PUT OUT.  I'M CAN'T HANDLE ANY OF THIS!"

She's swaying back and forth on her knees--she's crying and then bends over and moans and then yells into the phone.

I don't know if you remember when I told you about the time I took her into emergency to get her little toe x-rayed?  How she got hysterical and started yelling and crying because she just knew they were going to admit her?  The nurse took me aside and asked me if Dar was on drugs?  Remember that?

That was nothing compared to this.  I thought she was going to have a stroke or a heart attack.

I went back into the bathroom until I heard her hang up.

"Okay--what was that about...and get off the floor and back in the chair, please."

'OH MY GOD!  OH MY GOD!  PLEASE LORD, HELP ME!"

"Who was that?"

"My doctor."

"And..what did she say?"


"She said.....OH MY GOD...she said they don't know if it is a hernia or an abscess!"

"You already knew that.  Why are you hysterical?"

'I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO MONDAY."

"The reason you are going in Monday is so THEY CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO!  GEEZ...WOMAN!"

"Oh, I'm so glad I was over here when that call came in."

"Really?  Do you even realize how you over react to things like this?  You are irrational!  You get hysterical.  You put yourself through so much stress...you act like you're crazy!"

"Oh.  I'm so embarrassed...for you to see that."

Well--I seriously thought of calling 911.  I thought you might need a straight jacket and a shot of Phenobarbital!"

"I'm allergic to it."
<of course you are>

"Okay.  You are going in Monday.  You are going to have an ultra sound.  They will probably probe the area, maybe even take a bit of liquid for testing and then they will know what is wrong and...they WILL fix it and this all will be behind you."

"Oh...I just can't breathe!"

"I want you to go home and take a Tranxene, eat something and sit in your chair and rest."

"I only take Tranxene at night."

"Go home!  Take a Tranxene."

"But..it might make me sleepy."

"Take.  A.  Tranxene!"

Got her out the door!  Went into the bathroom and got me an Ativan because I was so shaky!

------------------------------------------------------
On a different and much better note:  My mother got interested in genealogy in the mid-60's.  She was intent on finding out where my father's paternal side of the family came from.  She finally got the name of his 2nd great grandfather, (Conrad) and his birth and death date, but she never could find out where he was buried--we thought Watertown, NY.

After Mother died in 1970, I took over the search and found out a lot more about my family--both sides of my family.

Then in 1999, I found out Conrad's father's name.  It was Peter.  To make matters even more interesting, I found out that Peter's father's name was Conradt. Plus, (my) Conrad's son's name was Peter.

So--I had a Conradt, a Peter, a Conrad and a Peter--the last one was the one that bought the farm and built the house Sister Susan now lives in.

Susan and Chuck still lived in New York, so they would take weekend jaunts to the cemeteries around Watertown and Jefferson county--looking for Conrad--never found him.

I never found any record of his burial.  

For some unknown reason, I was just checking out his name this afternoon, on Ancestry.com--just to see if I had all the historical stuff on him and happened onto a page and...there was the name of the cemetery where he is buried!!!

Now, when Susan and Chuck go back to visit his family, they can go to this cemetery and see if they can find his grave and take a photo of his headstone!!

44 years, we've been hunting for him.  I was so stunned, I just sat here in my chair and kept looking at the name and the birth and dead date to make sure, he was the right one.  

I'm still stunned!!!!

So at least my day ended on a high note!

Gosh--I hope Dar doesn't come back until after the procedure on Monday afternoon!!!

6 comments:

  1. I just tried to post a comment but it went poof. I'll try again.

    You're lucky Dar hadn't asked you to drive her to her appointment. :/

    It's exciting that your search was fruitful. All of your hard work will be interesting to your grandkids. One of them will probably pick up the search one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dar! It's people like her that makes me want to be a hermit. She makes me want to scream myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd better make sure you have some place to go on Monday or Dar is going to talk you into going with her to the hospital. That would be a bad precedent to set with that woman. You are fast becoming her crutch and there is clearly something mentally wrong with that woman to get so worked up over something that minor.

    That's so interesting what your found researching your family tree. One of my branches is so hard to research because in each generation they used the two names for their first born daughters and sons and cousins families all did the same so there are a half dozen people in each generation to sort through and figure out who is who. And they all lived so close together. It's one of the reasons I don't like to see kids named after a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez! Nothing like a hysterical Dar to ruin your calm contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - Judy, God bless you and Dar. I sure hope they can make her well, and then maybe she'll be able to calm down.

    So glad you're having luck with the genealogy.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting genealogy find!
    Well, the Dar saga is unending. I think you need a medal - and somewhere to be on Monday!

    ReplyDelete