title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 3, 2014

I Love Monday's!

Today's high temperature was:  59
Sunny and bright
==============================
Friends in Florida are complaining about their freezing temperatures--they had the same 45 degrees as we woke up to this morning.  They are searching for their coats, hats and mittens and I haven't even taken my winter coat out of the closet.   I don't usually wear a coat outside until December.

So--I had another weird dream last night.  Remember me telling you a few weeks ago I had a dream that President Obama took me on a "tour" of the Oval Office and made me have sex in the back room?  Well, last night I had another unsettling dream about Mark Shauer--the man running for Governor of our State and...another Democrat!  It didn't involve sex, thank goodness, but I was in a crowd of people that were pushing and shoving and I was shoved up against a man's back.  I could hardly breathe!  He turned around, put his arms around me and said, "There, that's better now isn't it?"  I looked up and recognized him.  He's kind of cute, close up.  Then he kissed me and got into a limo and drove away and I woke up.

I think I know why these kinds of dreams involve Democrats.  Basically I think they're going to "screw" me, in one way or another.  That's my interpretation and I'm sticking with it.

As I am doing this research on ancestor's, I have to think how they must be spinning in their graves--over the fact that we have "some" Democrats in our family.  A 5th great grandfather was extremely ill, but hired a flat bed carriage, so he could lay down on it, take him to the polls to vote.  He had to be assisted or, practically carried in.  They mentioned that he was a "devoted man to his country and a straight Republican."  Thank goodness I can vote absentee now!!!

I will be glad when this mid-term election is over.  Thank goodness for caller I.D.--I don't answer the calls, but these ads are all over TV and even on the FaceBook games I play.  Sick of it!!!  Then we will get a year's political campaigning quietness and then it will all start again, for a year before the Presidential election.  <Sigh>

I saw this on FB and it gave me a chuckle:



============================================
Okay--enough of that!

I jumped into my car at 9:45 and ran up to Brighton to the Inkjet refill place.  Had a $3.00 off coupon and the color inkjet only cost me $16.00.  Quite a difference than buying a brand new one at $30+.

Came home and threw a load of clothes into the washer, came in here and was just getting my MoJo going on my ancestry research and I saw Dar walking over.  ARGGH!

"Oh my Lord!  I just had to come over.  I just got back from Doctor Amy, my Chiropractor and I didn't even go inside the house---I just came right over."

"What's going on?"

"Oh--you're not busy are you?"

"Well...kind of, but......."

"Well...I just have to tell you....I went to see the surgeon and she doesn't think I have a hernia.  She thinks it's a pocket or pouch filled with some kind of liquid.  She won't do any surgery until I have a CAT scan.  She wants to be there in case she need to do an aspiration, right on the spot...and I have to have the dye...and I'm allergic to the dye...so they are going to give me a steroid to counteract the dye...and you know...I'm allergic to steroids!"

"Calm down.  Slow down.  Sit down...and breathe."

"Where's an ashtray.  I need a cigarette!"

So I went out into the kitchen, opened the drawer and pulled out the ashtray she always uses.  I had cleaned it from last Monday, when she was over.

"Oh my Gawd--I've got a cramp in my thigh!"  she yelled and jumped up from the chair.

"The best thing you can do is stand and put your weight on it."

"Yes--but...OH LORDY!!!  OH LORD---TAKE AWAY THIS PAIN!!!"

"It's probably inflammation from your treatment at the Chiropractor's.  Do you want a Alleve?  An Advil?  An anti-inflammatory?"

"No...you know I can't take them.  I'm allergic."

"To Ibuprofen?"

"Yes.  Anything like that.  It makes my brain go funny and I start to lose my thinking!"

"I think it's all in your head."

"No!  At Saint Joe's...they have my medical file.  The surgeon said it was one of the thickest ones she has ever seen!  I am so allergic to everything!  I will probably have to stay overnight for the CAT scan because---well...I just might die!"

"So--what if you have to have surgery?  Will you have a spinal instead of gas?"

"No.  I am allergic to that too!  Plus I can't take any pain meds!"

"So--you just have surgeries without any sedation?"

"No.  I have to have them...to cut me open you know...but...I might die...or...one of my surgeries, I ended up in a mental institution for three months!"
<which is where you should be right now!>

"Did I tell you my son has been calling me?"

"Is he still sober?"

"Yes.  It's been almost three weeks.  He is getting evicted today and he wants to come live with me."

"And?"

"No way!  It would be too easy for him.  First he'd want to borrow my car to 'go look for work' and then...well, he'd become too comfortable and..."

"Start drinking and using drugs again?"

"Yes.  He's fifty-one years old!  It's time he figured out how to live on his own."

"Well...I certainly agree with you on that."

"Oh Lord!  This pain!"

I went and got my rice sock and warmed it up in the microwave.

"Here.  Put this under your thigh...it will help."

"Ow!  It's too hot!"

"No it's not!  Put it under your thigh and shut up!"

"What if it burns me?"

"It's not going to burn you.  You have on heavy pants and the rice is inside a wool sock...just put it under your thigh!"

and she did and it felt good.

Then she went on and on about her job and how three managers are now wanting her to come work with them and they have just realized what a great worker she is and that she knows how to manage a business.....and....I quit listening.

She finally left.  As I cleaned out the ashtray, I had to shake my head.  She says she only smokes 4 cigarettes a day and yet...there were three butts in the ashtray.
=================
I ran up to the office to pay my rent and stopped in at Pearl on the way back.

The recliner's that they bought two weeks ago are already showing stains on the arms.  So Pearl bought some covers for them.  The covers however do not tuck in, so every time they sit on the chairs, the back of the cover slips down, or flops over there heads, the arm part of the covers fall down inside the chair, beside them and they have to be straightened every time they get up.

"I told Merle that I didn't like these chairs and wanted to take them back, but...oh no...he just had to get them."

"I thought you liked them...at first."

"I did, but...just look at them!  Two weeks old and already showing the dirt!"
<cheap chairs.  cheap fabric.  I wonder why.>

"Get some wide elastic...or some ties.  Put a hem in the top piece and tie or stretch the top around the top of the chair.  Then get some of those spiral pins with the crystal heads and screw them into the arm pieces."

"Or...I could just ignore the stupid covers and just use the chairs...the Lord knows...no one ever comes to visit to see the dirt.  And...how many years do we have left to even care how dirty they get."

"You could do that too."

We chatted a bit more and I came home--watched my soap and spent the rest of the day in this room, working up the ancestry stuff.

 Such fun in the neighborhood! 






6 comments:

  1. I don't know what is worse---all the politician ads on TV we're had to endure or the fact that the day after Halloween they've started on the Christmas ads and movies already.

    Dar really is a piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's try this again. I'm glad it's you and not me with Dar for a neighbor. So intrusive and callous! Come to think of it I have a sister like that. The dumper, I call her. Whenever she starts I tell her. " I'm putting that back on your plate." And I picture her smelly pile on her very best china plate. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote on my post this morning that we've been checking the caller ID before answering the phone. So many political calls. We voted this morning.

    Dar is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed that billboard the first time I was here. I think Monica has paid enough for her part in what happened with Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. S*x with "O" Gag, Ugh - that must have been a nightmare.

    So far, I don't have neighbors like DAR.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete