title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Neighbor's and Such

Bella Rum--if you go into your e-mail address book--click on the tab to add a new contact.
Then, when the tab comes up to enter their name, and their address, type in:
000000000000     0000000         0000000000000000
That will now be the first contact in your e-mail address book and...IF anyone hacks your e-mail, they will not be able to send "fake" e-mails to the rest of the people on your list.  All those zeroes stop them.
===============================

We got snow squalls today.  At times, hard snow, but big fluffy flakes.  At other times, had, grainy little pieces of snow.  None of it lasted very long and it did not build up, although, because of the cold, some snow on the roof of the house.

I was just minding my own business today, playing around in Ancestry.com and working on my "How To" book.  At 1:00, I sat down to watch my Soap and at 1:14, Dar came busting in.  She was in a panic!

"I just got home.  I came right over.  I feel like I can't breathe.  Oh...you're watching your show.  Can you turn it off, I really need your help."

So I did.  "Come on in here. Sit down and take a deep breath--blow it out--another deep breath--blow it out.  Now...tell me what's going on."
<she can't breathe, so she lit up a cigarette--because we all know, that helps so much>

"I haven't heard back from the doctor...on what they are going to do about this thing....and it's getting bigger and today, it stings and hurts!"

"Did you hear back on what the CAT scan showed?"

"Yes.  The doctor called this morning, but...she hasn't figured out how to take care of it!"

"Maybe she will call you back.  She probably has to consult with other docs to see what is the best procedure."

"She wants me to see an orthopedic surgeon!"

"Whatever for?"

"She thinks it is an infection pocket coming from the pin I had put in my hip eleven years ago!"

"Hm-mm.  Possible."

"What!!?"

"You just had a bunch of dental work done.  Did you take your antibiotic beforehand?"

"Why would I do that?"

"They haven't told you, because of your hip surgery, you're suppose to take an antibiotic before any dental work because germs can get in your blood stream and go to the surgical site and cause an infection?"

"No."

"Okay.  I don't know...I think it's just an abscess of some kind and you need it to be drained."

"Well...I want something done now!  I can't stand all this worry!  What if it breaks and I get that infection all through my blood.  What if I go into Septic shock and have to be in hospital?"

"Oh Dar, you know you can't do a thing about it.  Worrying and going nutsy cuckoo isn't going to help.  You know that right?"

"That's why I'm over here.  For you to calm me down."
<groan>

"Okay...this is what you do.  Wait until around three this afternoon.  If you haven't heard anything back from the doctor, call the office and tell them you have to get this taken care of because you are in pain, it has swelled more and you are scared.  I'm sure they will be able to tell by the sound of your voice that you are in a panic."

So we talked of this and that and an hour later she stated, "Now I can breathe!  I knew you'd help me."

So we talked of this and that some more..of her kids and her job and her family and an hour later, her phone rang...and it was St. Joesph hospital calling.

She goes in Monday.  No CAT Scan.  So no contrast dye.  They will give her a mild sedative, they will use an ultra-sound to pinpoint the sac and they will give her a local anesthetic and they will aspirate it.  She has to be there at 1:30 and it should only take an hour.  YAY.
===============
About a half hour after she left, a knock and my door opened again and there was Merle--tool box in hand.  He had come down to insulate my back door for me--like he did last year.  

He wasn't too frisky, except for one time, I was standing behind him to hold the top of the insulation, while he stapled it in place, he did mention that it "felt good", but other than that.  Merle is about 5'6" and me standing behind him, leaning over his shoulders and head to hold the insulation, probably put my boobs into his back, but...hey, not my fault. I said, "Keep your mind on your work, Buddy!"

So I am now snug and warm and ready for the low temps that are coming in the rest of this week and next.



Life is just plain GREAT!!






2 comments:

  1. That's a great tip about the 0000000 on the top contact in email contact lists.

    Now I know what can happen when you don't take your antibiotics before dental appointments. What a basket case she is. I don't know why you don't lock your door during your soap time and put a note on the door not to knock unless someone is dying or on fire until after such and such a time. I guess you're just nicer than me or maybe it comes from me living with a dad and a husband who both worked nights and had to sleep during the day. Notes worked to train neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about the zeros. Will do immediately.

    H always has to take the antibiotics before his implants. He begins days before the procedure. I can't believe Dar's dentist didn't make her do that. People don't realize how much your teeth/mouth area can affect the rest of your body. Whew!

    It looks like you're snug as a bug in a rug with all your insulation done and all your outside things put to bed. I hope we get some snow this year. I know you'll get plenty!! Hope you don't get quite as much as last year. That was really something.


    ReplyDelete