title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I'm Good.

I'm fine--really.  Just so much typing during the day on my genealogy and How To book that I don't feel much like typing at night.  Done with the genealogy--all done.  Boy, what a lot I found out--so much fun.  No thieves in my family--all the obits I read speak of what upright, honest people they were.  I think my favorite was a G G Grandfather, who got up out of his (almost) death bed, and hired a coach to take him to the polls so he could vote.  A staunch Republican, I might add.  All of them church goers--although different churches.  Not a Catholic nor Democrat in the bunch---until you get to my kids, Apparently, I gave my children the freedom of Independence and, also apparently, I did too good a job! LOL

Darlene had her procedure and lived through it, LOL.  They drained the liquid filled sac and she DOES have a hernia--which one doctor and I have been telling her for the last two months.  An operation will follow--someday.

Talked to Pammie this morning.  She said that Jen and family ARE intending to move to New Jersey next summer.  I don't know if Jennifer is going to be happy--ever.  She will be going from a high powered career, traveling, speaking to huge groups of people to...staying home?  The last time she tried that, she just about went crazy.   I just happened to run across the picture of her on Linkedin.  More beautiful than she's ever been.
The photo is so tiny, I tried to make it larger and now, it's kind of distorted.

So--snowing tonight--supposed to get 3 inches.  Doesn't bother me, I've been so busy inside.  Two pots of spaghetti sauce done and two to go.

I've been feeling so content and peaceful and...happy lately, until I talked with Pam this morning. Funny how one little comment, about Jen moving, just took the bottom out of my good mood.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

6 comments:

  1. Jen really is a beautiful woman. I'm sorry she's moving out of the area. Perhaps you can learn to Skype before then and stay in contact with the grand-kids that way with real time face time.

    I should try to see if my grandfather has an obituary online. Somehow I doubt it. They were really poor and probably couldn't afford to do that. I have so many great documents from him, though, that I feel like I know him even though he died when I was a baby.

    My township has over has over 20 inches of snow now with a couple more coming before it all ends. Came down so fast that I haven't seen a single car on the street for two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, I only get to see my grandkids when I take them out for their birthday supper. Remember, Jen is not actually speaking to me. So when they move, I won't see them ever again, most probably. They didn't come to family Christmas last year and won't this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were still estranged but with them moving so far away that takes hope away of that ever changing. I'm so sad for you.

      Delete
  3. As the Pollyanna in the world, I'm going to continue to believe that God can change even Jen's heart, and that even this Christmas she could decide to come or let the kids come. God is bigger than her mindset. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish it could be different between you and Jen; it's very sad that you and the grandchildren have to suffer so. You've been busy with the spaghetti sauce for the Christmas gifts; I have no doubt it's wonderful. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend who is in the same situation, Judy. It's so hard. In her case, it's her son who will not talk to her. She hasn't seen him or the grandkids in years. They live in the same city. Jen is beautiful and smart and has so much. I wish she could see this situation differently and share her life with you.

    ReplyDelete