title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Then and Now



June 14, 1957


June 1981                                  



Go you Chicken Fat Go    


  
June 13, 2014 


Now--you just tell me who has weathered the storms of the last fifty-seven years better?
<although he has not had ONE storm>


You're dang tooting!!!
I win!

I know--it's not nice, but sometimes, I don't recognize that man.  
Where did that handsome football/basketball/baseball pitcher/Army Corporeal go?

He looked rather stunned when he saw my slim figure walking down the steps towards him yesterday.  I'll just bet he was captivated by my beauty and....I'll just bet he wishes he hadn't pushed me out of our marriage.

At least, that what I tell myself.  LOL

6 comments:

  1. I smile and I needed it
    this early morning.
    Much going on
    and could add some pictures
    but will not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, now Judy. It's not all about looks...LOL. You have aged well but more importantly in your most recent photo you looked so darn happy that day that I'll bet your X wanted to eat you with a spoon, like a bowl of ice cream.

    I had a serious x-boyfriend in my late 20s that I've never run into and wish I would. Have one in my early 20s, too, that I'd like to see again...see how well they aged and what happened in their lives. I guess I'll have to wait until their obituaries appear for answers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are dead, so there's nothing to compare. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posting today is so funny! Your sense of humor and your tendency to be so truthful in all you feel and post is why I have to check out your blog. Yup, you do look great! But, you also exude warmth and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL He probably dreamed about you that night. You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Living well and looking well is the best revenge. No - I don't mean that!! I've outlived most of my boyfriends and husband, so anyone this side of six feet under looks pretty wonderful. (Unless they're doing themselves in with booze and drugs and food and plain old meanness)

    ReplyDelete