title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21st. The First Day of Summer. The Longest Day of the Year.

My Diamond Jubilee Birthday
YIKES!!




I still chew my tongue when I am concentrating on something
and using my hands



Look at the size of those candles!!
I must have been very special OR more likely,
those were the only candles Mother had in the house
See my right hand going for that frosting?

Every time I turned another year older,
Grandma was hauling me to the photography studio


Story about this very same hammock--when Mother went into labor, Grandma called the doctor out.  He came from a town about 20 miles away.  He checked Mother and said it would be quite a few more hours.  Grandma would not let him go back to town and paid him to lay/rest/snooze in that hammock until I was born, at 8:15 that night.  .



I changed this around to be more like how I am

A 75th birthday is called: Dodranscentennial, which means, "A whole unit, less a quarter."  So--I guess that means, I am only playing with 3-quarters of a deck?


11 comments:

  1. You were so cute, Judy. I have a photo of H around here somewhere that is very much like your second birthday cake, only his candles are smaller and there's a silo in the background instead of a barn. Seventy-five is a nice milepost. You've covered enough territory to have the lay of the land. The next 25-75 years should be a breeze. Happy birthday, Judy, and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Judy....Have a great day.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! 3/4 of a century---you can celebrate with the Golden Gate Bridge. LOL

    You have so many great photos from your childhood and know we know that you came by the hobby honestly. Funny story about the doctor and the hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Diamond Birthday! Congratulations and best wishes for continued good health, happiness and loads of fun.
    P.S. I'm right behind you looking forward to celebrating soon, too.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very happy birthday honey!

    hugs, bee
    xooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Judy! You're so fortunate to have the pictures from your childhood.
    And I love the words about being older; I think I'll try some of them/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a nice birthday. You're very deserving, Judy.
    Yes, I can relate to some (most) of those things.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this post. Happy Birthday and those pictures are so darn cute as is the doctor story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday
    to you.
    75 a memory to me :)
    Was still going strong
    and did until 78
    Send me a copy of what you shared

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh happy, happy birthday. Wishing you a year of good health, mended family relationships and unexpected blessings.

    ReplyDelete