title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Waste So Much Time!

Today's high temperature was:  78
Today's humidity was:  55%
70% dew point
Heavy rains in the morning
Horrible humidity this afternoon
==============================
I know it probably isn't nice of me to post the old guy's pix and make fun of them.

I know it probably isn't nice of me to post stories about Dar and her friends.

I know it probably isn't nice of me to post stories about Pearl.

BUT--it's what I observe during my day and then--I get together with you my "girlfriends" and we all gossip and tell stories and laugh about the weird things that go on in our lives.  I guess, because you don't know any of these people, I feel it doesn't do any harm.  We talk about our "stuff" and then laugh hysterically together, take another sip of your wine and I puff on my vap pipe, LOL.
==========================
I walked up to Merle and Pearl's last evening, around 7:00 and we chatted.  Pearl had started a new medication from "our" doctor for her arthritis.

"Is it working?  Is it helping?"

"I think so."

"Well--I think you have to take any medication for a couple of weeks before you know if it is doing any good."

"I took it for four days and...I seemed to be better...so I stopped for two days."

Merle looks up from his newspaper and says, "If it was helping.  Why would you stop taking it?'

"To see if it was working!  If I stopped and the pain came back, then I knew it would work if I started taking it again.  Lord--don't you understand anything, Merle?"

Merle took of his glasses, turned to her and said, "If you took it and it worked...wouldn't you assume that it was going to continue to work?  You aren't suppose to take medicine and then quit and then start up again."

She turned to me, "I guess I goofed.  I should take it every day---right?"

"Yes.  That would be best.  You need to be consistent with all your meds."

Merle is back reading his newspaper, but I see him roll his eyes and shake his head.

I would think that after being married sixty years--you'd just kind of let whatever the other person said, roll off your back, instead of trying to correct them.  Certainly, he knows by now her quirky ways.  Oh well...
====================
Today, I trooped into Brighton, through the orange barrels, construction tape and orange and yellow cones, to get my hair cut.  It had been six weeks and even though, Pearl thought it didn't need cutting--it was beginning to get "prairie dog" tails that stuck out in the back.  Let's face it--I like my hair short, so it will just lay in place and I don't have to worry about it.  It will look perfect by next week.  It grows like a wild weed!

When I got home, it was only sprinkling and so I got some pix of my newly blossomed lilies--Freddie's lilies, I call them, because he got me a lily plant every year for Sweetest Day.







The planters on the porch are over-flowing

I was watching TV this afternoon, puffing on my vap pipe and all of a sudden, BREAKING NEWS--there is a tornado near Indianapolis!  I have two blog buddies who live in that area.  I dashed into the den and got on Face Book and pleaded with them to let me know if they were all right.  I really was scared for them.  They answered back right away that they were okay.  One had seen it and it hit sort of close to her, but still okay.  

I was worried because, you know, they are part of this girlfriend's group and would be sitting here, sipping a glass of wine, smoking a ciggie and laughing at my stories!!
=====================

and now--the candidates for tonight---

 He lives way up in the Northern most point of
our Upper Peninsula.
I love the UP, but I'm really not into Michigan Hill Billies.
YIKES

No--he dyes his hair--I can tell


Well now--you do know I love a guy with a
John Deere!  
5'6" -- 145# 


 Look at that emblem on his shirt.
He's a U of M fan!
YUCK!!!



 Oh My--there are no words!







Wait a minute--wait a minute, here!!!
What do we have listed here?

SWWEEEEEEEETT.


Oh my--a man with a new baby in his arms
gets me every time!



Occupation:
Teacher / Professor / Education

Income:
$35,001 to $50,000

Religion:
Christian

Height:
6' 0"

Body:
About average



Hair:
White/Gray

Eyes:
Blue

Ethnicity:
White / Caucasian

Status:
Divorced

Children:
Has 4 children

Pets:    None

Sign:

Smoking:
Social Smoker



A little about me...

Well rounded - love my family but active socially, sports minded (golf being my favorite) but not to extreme, love traveling & seeing new places, friends consider me easy to get along with.

About the one I'm looking for...

Ideal partner would have great sense of humor, share common interests, have high self esteem and feel secure, be outgoing and friendly...list getting a little long, so I'll stop here.

He's only 72--but look at his profile!!  

You know I love intelligent men!  

He's 6'0". 

I am outgoing and friendly.
  

I get along really well with Leo's--Pammie is a Leo.  

Blue eyes--I prefer brown, but 

then...................................He's not fat AND NO 

FACIAL HAIR!!!


Me thinks it is time I paid for a month's subscription-- 

just so I can send him a message and tell him how 

adorable I think he is. 

I'm warning you Jean--hands off this one!!  Besides, 

he lives too far away from you!  AND he is a 

Conservative!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, that one. If you don't like him, give him my number. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look like a great candidate for you....too skinny for me and you know I'd never get along with a conservative...well, I could but I'd be living a double life. LOL I can't wait to hear what happens when you become a paying member. You'll get flirts. I don't even have a recent photo, I'd have to get one. There was another guy on my side of the state holding a grand baby and it was so adorable...I think it's the love that shines on these baby holding guy's faces that makes the difference. That first guy up above looks like a nice guy but oh that hair and beard wouldn't fly down here. The 'no words' guy would scare me in the dark. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up. Let's face it - seriously - think of the drama all these men would bring - it's all about them. But that last guy is handsome, even if he's "only" 72...LOL.
    I have a question - what is a "social smoker"? In other dating sites, social drinker means "I'm an alcoholic, but I don't have the self-awareness to call it what it is, so let's go with that."
    Oh my. I'm glad I learned to knit!
    Bahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social Smoker means he smokes an occasional cigar--I think.

      Delete
  5. I've always been amazed at some of the pictures on dating sites. Like, that's the BEST picture you have? I'm steering clear of those sites, remember Our Time is where I met the sociopath/stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, he's a cute one for sure! i saw one who called himself "don the wad"... don the wad? seriously? no way baby.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Pearl.
    Your flowers are beautiful. I grew up around the water and tiger lilies used to grow everywhere. They don't mind wet feet.

    I can't get enough of you and Jean and your descriptions about these guys. The one you like is very nice looking. Give him a whirl and let us know about it. :)

    I love blogging and I always think of my blogging buddies when something happens in their area, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's very handsome. Go for it! And wow, that one guy looks like a serial killer.

    Tornado hit the next sub over. It was scary but thankfullly only property damage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete