title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, June 20, 2014

Another Wonder Full Day

The high temperature today was:  65 degrees
Cloudy, cool and rainy in evening
===========================
It took me 15 minutes to drive 2 miles into Brighton.  Four lanes and a middle turn lane, down to two lanes.  This is all I saw--stop and go--stop and go.



I am always early for any event--usually way too early--not so today, when, of course, we had a time constraint on the amount of time we had for lunch!  I finally got here at 12:38.


and we ate in this room--very swanky place


I kept mis-saying "Ciao Amigo's and Karen kept saying, "Mom--this isn't an Italian-Mexican restaurant!"  Well, I knew that, considering this was the exact room Fred and I had reserved for his birthday, our surprise wedding!  I was just flustered.

I had no idea what to order and really couldn't tell from the menu, which was written with a lot of Italian words--so Karen suggested we have the Amici Gorgonzola salad--although, I don't like Gorgonzola cheese (I don't think) so they put Parmesan on mine.  Dried Michigan cherries, pine nuts, shrimp or chicken (I got the shrimp) and cheese and some sort of really luscsious dressing.  Out of this world--and it should be for $14.99!  What I REALLY wanted was the Filet Mignon--I do like beef, but at $30.00, I didn't want to burden my daughters with that hefty bill!!

Suddenly it was 2:30 and we had to scoot to get to Madeleine's ballet camp recital.  We all drove out to Jen's which is on the way.  Jen is not home, but Pammie and I parked in the driveway and hopped into Karen's car and off we went--about a 10 mile fly, down the freeway.

The recital was held in the dance studio--we were all lined up along the edges of the little room, over by the ballet barre.  Karen did get a chair for me, but everyone else sat on the floor.  Talk about close!  I could have reached out and tripped Madeleine, if I wanted to be extremely cruel!








i wish I had a better camera to take video's

It was over in less than an hour.  Maddie had been there all week, every day from 10:00 to 4:00, practicing--she was exhausted!


...and my precious Susanna was there too.

We all came back to Jen's to pick up our cars and Pammie had to go in and check on the animals.  I came back into Brighton to get gas, as it was only $3.79 a gallon and has been $3.90 around here.

Then I took the back way home from town so I wouldn't have to drive in the construction mess.  Hee Hee--they think they can fool me?  No way!
================
I was sitting here clicking around on the computer and checked out the, "Our Time" dating site and one of my matches just happened to be!!!  

You will never guess.

I should make you wait..................


The boy I met when I was at MSU for the 6 weeks music program--in 1956!
  
Richard Spencer Dunham!!!!!!!!!
<just saying his name gives me chills>  

The 6'2" track athlete mystery man, my girls have heard the story.  The "city" boy my mother warned me about and was so much nicer to me than the farm boys I went to high school with.  My precious--Little Richard and I was his Long Tall Sally. 

(Oh--there is such a neat story about those weeks at MSU)

We see each other about every 5 years, or so.

He stopped in last year and it was so good to see him. He still has that adorable grin that I used to love, that funny laugh of his and boy-oh-boy--he is the VERY best kisser and hugger I have ever known.  

I think I posted about how he stopped in driving, his renovated Corvette, took me to lunch, and then, when we got back here, he wanted a tour of the house--"I'd really like to see how you have decorated your bedroom," he said, with that cute crooked smile and adorable laugh.

(He stopped in another time, just after I moved in here and said nearly the same thing--shortly after he told me that God had sent him a wonderful woman and they were getting married.  At that time, I told him, "Richard--I'd go straight to Hell if I slept with you..after you tell me God has sent you a good wife.  You better just head on back to East Lansing and be content with God's blessing on you.")

BUT--Richard is a player!!  

He is looking, on the dating site, for a "serious relationship or marriage"--which is hysterical.  He has had both many--but they never last--BECAUSE--Richard always finds someone better looking or sexier.  Now--he is 76--but I can't see as that part of his life has changed all that much--but he sure is a charmer!    AND, he is really, really polite, caring and nice.  He would move Heaven and earth to make you feel loved and wanted and happy!
<did I mention he is the best kisser in this world?>

BUT--

IF he and I ever got together in anything other than a friendly relationship--I would be madly IN love with him in about--hm-mm--probably 30 seconds and he would be madly in love WITH me for--hm-mm--maybe two weeks?

Well--I have been there and done that in 1986--after my divorce and...Judy is a lot wiser now!!!  BUT--OH MAMA--HE IS GOOD!!!!!


He has a "gear head motor lounge" in his basement
with all sorts of vintage stuff from the
1950's, including a drive-in movie
speakers and post (that I gave him years ago.)
He belong to the Corvette Club and has
renovated many Corvettes and is now a
judge for the shows and travels all over
the USA!

BUT--


In his dating profile, he wants a tall woman (that's me), aged 55-68 (that ain't me).  He last girlfriend was 45--and he is now 76. 

He is 18 months older than me and--I do not date men older than me.  Basically, he is way too old for me!!

but..OH MAMMA...HE IS GOOD!!!


 <be still my heart!!>




9 comments:

  1. hahahahaha

    You have me laughing out of my chair, woman.

    That is TOO funny. And, not only is he too old for you, he's got that "look", you know what I mean. "Here I am ladies!" Oh man, Judy I needed these laughs tonight.

    Such a nice day you had with your lovely daughters, and the dancing - actually the videos were quite nice. You are so truly blessed.

    Now, you be a good girl and get a good night's sleep on this birthday eve. Dang it; wish I lived close and I'd take you for that filet mignon (I don't even know how to spell it). :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you know since you put Richard's entire name on your blog, eventually someone is going to be googling him and see this. hahahaha

    See, I can't stop laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Googled him once Sally--not a thing about him!

      Delete
  3. I could swear I've met Richard...either through vintage Corvette circles---Don had one---or through buying and selling vintage stuff like in that photo above. Been to Lansing many times to car shows, too. Good looking guy, if you like players and who doesn't fall for one at least once in their life. But he's a bit of a jerk if he won't match up with women in their 70's. LOL

    Anyway, I've always been curious about the Our Time dating site but I'd never put up a profile. I'm sort of shocked and amused that you did. I take it they actually match you up with people within driving distance? I have another friend who is constantly going on regular dating sites (she's younger than we are) and she's always falling in and out of love with the guys she meets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You very well may have met him Jean. He lives in Haslett--has for years. I DID NOT put my profile on Our Time--I was just perusing the men in this area and VOILA'. If I did put up a profile, it would be just for fun and to look and I sure wouldn't pay for a subscription. It would be nice, at times, to have a casual friend, but men never want to stay casual friends--they are so damn needy!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Didn't know you could just window shop on Our Time, may have to check that out. The women at the senior hall say something similar as you do about the guys being needy. They say they are only looking for a cook, nurse or sex kitten. LOL

      Delete
  4. Judy,
    I do remember when you posted about Richard's visit. He's very handsome.

    Your salad sounds delicious. I bet it will feel strange to Maddie when she stops dancing, but I'm sure she's on to bigger and better things. It will be interesting to see what she's doing in about five years. What a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot! :)

    Love the photos of you all in the restaurant etc and what a lovely dancer she is! You can certainly be proud, that is for sure :)

    ReplyDelete