title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nothing Else To Do


So, I just read Jean's blog post http://misadventuresofwidowhood.blogspot.comand, because she had read where I spotted an old friend on Our Time (a dating site), she also went off adventuring to see what she could see.

And what did she see?  You'll have to read her post.  It is hysterical and very true.  LOL

Most of these poor old guys write the same profile.  The ever present, "I like walks on the beach and holding hands,"  sounds like the lyrics to a song I once knew.  "A few extra pounds" could mean anything from 10 pounds overweight to 50 pounds overweight.  

What attracted me to Fred on his dating site profile--9 years ago, is...he wrote the most fantastic profile.  I couldn't believe a man could spell or use such correct grammar.  In fact, at one time in our three weeks of communicating via e-mail, I accused him of having one of his daughter's write his words.  His profile photo sure wasn't too cute--at the time he was dyeing his beautiful salt and pepper hair and it had taken on the reddish shade that happens to so many men that dye.  But--it was the way he wrote and expressed himself that got to me.



So today--here is my latest find.

He swears it is a recent photo, but good grief--do men still wear this style?  He looks like he is trying to emulate John Travolta in "Staying Alive!"

So that's what I did with my Sunday evening!!!  

Hey--don't judge, it's good clean fun and--"nobody knows my name."

8 comments:

  1. Considering you met Fred through online dating---I didn't know that until now---I suppose we shouldn't be making fun of that site. LOL But it sure is fun, isn't it. I was back tonight and I didn't see your newest heart throb or if I did I just breezed by him, not a fan of the professional photo shoots. He is ever so perfect with his two rings and gold bracket. Gotta love the push up sleeves, too. He's suppose to be over 70? Or are you looking at the younger guys? Have you looked at the women looking for men? I haven't figured out how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to pick 'em, Judy. Quite the casa nova... BTW, I met my late husband by picking him out on a dating site and penning a note. All of our correspondence was snail mail, because this was back in 1981. No photos back then. The dark ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on all your posts that I missed while I was in Great Niece/Nephew Heaven. You've been busy!

    Happy Belated Birthday, I'm glad you got to have a nice lunch with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on all your posts that I missed while I was in Great Niece/Nephew Heaven. You've been busy!

    Happy Belated Birthday, I'm glad you got to have a nice lunch with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend is as funny as you are, Judy. You guys crack me up! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg Judy you are so funny,,, it's a cruel world out there,,, I am finding this out for sure. keep playin lady, I signed up in Jan. on Eharmony paid 150 bucks that my daughter gifted me,, not 1 responce,, so I went back on POF,, finding not so good their either, what a crock. HAPPY BELATED B DAY but I caught ya on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! I can't stop laughing at you two. I just read Jean's post before coming here. That guy reminds me of Don Johnson in the eighties, when he was doing Miami Vice, except he usually wore pastels, but it was the exact same look. The jewelry is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to read her blog - but that photo - do older men really get their photos taken sitting on the floor like that? He's no 18 year old boy and that's a senior citizen photo - not senior in high school. Egads. I'm old!

    ReplyDelete