title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, June 6, 2014

Fried Friday

Today's high temperature was:  75 degrees
No humidity--sunny, nice breeze
================================

I woke up and the inside temperature was 62 and I was cold!!!  Put on blue jeans, sox and a log sleeved thermal shirt.

At 11:00, I walked up to Pearl's to weed her garden.  By 11:45, I was hot and dizzy.  Came home, got a T-shirt, ate something and back to Pearl's to finish up one part.  The rest we will do Monday.

My sister called and asked if I were willing to accept a "mission."  "Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to drive over to Bordine's and see what kind of roses they have.  Do a reconnaissance and report back."

"Yes, Madam General."

So, I hopped into the car, drove down half a block and into the garden center.  Roses?  Do they have roses?  Only several thousand and at 20% off today and this weekend.

I reported back to her and she said, "I'm on my way.  I'll stop in."

Which she did with a truck load of Tea Roses, Floribunda Roses, Shrub Roses and some Lilies.

She hadn't seen my porch as yet and she was super impressed.  "I'm so glad you painted the porch.  The planters and flowers really show up against that white railing for a back drop."

YAY

I started sweeping the porch, steps and driveway--trying to get rid of the dead Maple tree whizzers,  John--you remember the new neighbor who told me his life history in 15 minutes?--drove up and stopped. 

"You look beat," he says.

"I am!"

"I just got back from taking Mazie to the beauty parlor.  They will trim her and give her a bath.  If I give her a bath, I have to get in the tub with her and I just wasn't in the mood.  I have to get over to the school, where I volunteer.  They are having a lunch for all the employees and I have been invited.  Then I have to pick up Maizie.  The weather is beautiful isn't it?  My family is from Sicily, but we grew up in Munising and I like the cold."

"Yes.  It is my kind of weather."

"Okay--see ya," and off he drove around the corner.

Just then I see Dar headed my way.  She was smoking!!!!!!!

"I gotta get to the smoke shop!  I've been using the E-cig for 10 months and all of a sudden, I am having terrible cravings.  I think it's because I am stressed.  My brother and sister-in-law, took Dad out to Arizona and I feel all alone."

"Your other brother is still here.  You have me and Jackie, Shiela, Judy L. and Pearl--how can you feel alone?"

"Oh, I know, but I.....I gotta get some nicotine oil for my E-cig because I don't want to get back these things!"

"Good idea!"

"I'm going to stop at the store and get my flowers, because you know, I get a 10% discount and then I am going to get groceries.  We have some really good deals this week and I get a discount on food too and then I'm coming back and plant my flowers and then.......I don't know..........I may take a walk."
<she said this all in one breath--hyper!>

I came in the house and the phone rang.  I saw it was Pammie's number.  I picked up the phone,

"Hello?"

"Hello?" she says.  "How are you.  What's up?"

"I don't know.  You called me?"

"I did?"

"Yes--my phone rang.  It was your number, so I picked up and......"

"Oh.  I was cleaning out my stuff on my phone and I must have dialed your number!"

So we laughed for several seconds, than talked for another 30 minutes. 

Then, I had to run into Brighton to get some more colored ink jet for my printer.

As usual, the traffic was horrendous!  Every time I go to Brighton, I ALWAYS have a weird traffic incident.  Today--we were all stopped at a red light.  A car in the left turn lane, decided he didn't want to turn left, but wanted to turn right.  He put on his blinker (which is an oddity in this town) and started to turn into my lane.  The light turned green and we all sat there while he crossed my lane, then the next and then into the right turn lane and off he went.  We then all proceeded on.

These things happen all the time, but, you know what is unusual--nobody honks their horns.  No one yells.  No one makes inappropriate hand gestures.  People in Brighton may appear to be stuck up, but above all, they are polite!
==================
I got home, had supper and watched cats.
I'm fried!!!  Have a good weekend.


    




3 comments:

  1. I'm having a good time with the visual of the Italy guy in the bathtub with the dog...I'm assuming Mazie is a dog and not his wife. Well, that would be a good a funny visual, too.

    Love your cat video! They look so sweet and inquisitive. I need to try that feature on my camera. I've never played with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John sounds like an interesting guy, and he could keep you entertained with his talking. He's probably much more interesting than Dar.

    Cute cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing your new neighbor didn't hang around too long! Sounds like a real talker!!

    ReplyDelete