title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Victory for MSU

Today's high temperature: 17 degrees
4 inches of snow
=============================

There's nothing quite like being an underdog and winning the game.  Our best lineman, Max Bullough was suspended for the Rose Bowl game.  His replacement Kevin Elsworth, who rarely gets to play, came in and took over and won the game with that last stoppage of the Stanford running back.

Been a Spartan fan since I was 12.
Through all the lean years, I loved them.
When the University of Michigan taunted us and called us
Little Brother, I loved the Spartans.
When our coach went into the empty Rose Bowl last May
and did a small video, telling the team that we would be
there on January 1st, because "it is our time",
he wasn't kidding!
The other leagues, the Pack 12, the SEC
 call the Big Ten, losers, but today
we proved we are not!!!
(I think Fred put in a good word
for us)  :-)

This has been a good year to be a Spartan fan--we haven't had many like this one.  And now--on to Basketball and looking forward to the Final Four in the NCAA tournaments in March!!
=========================================

I have been cross stitching almost constantly the last couple of days.
I told you I finished this farm, the one I grew up on.

Today, I finished up my Grandma's farm--where I raised my children.  I managed to make the
stone front of the house, look like stone.


8 comments:

  1. H checked the scores last night to see if MSU won, and he said, "Judy's Spartans won. She'll have a post about it tomorrow." Ha! Go Spartans!!

    I can't believe how much you've accomplished on that cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great game (although being English the detail passed me by!). Your cross stitch is beautiful. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to follow a team sport and boy are there some die hearts out there! We have a couple great teams up here in northdakota, hockey and football. The football team is heading to texas with many going too!
    Love your cross stitching! Always nice to have a project to get imurged in enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the cross stitch, Judy! That must have been fun to do! I'm not a football fan necessarily but I am always glad when a Michigan team wins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy the Spartans won because I knew it would make you happy. As a person who doesn't follow sports the part of this whole Rose Bowl story that I like the best is the fact that they didn't lift the suspension for Max Bullough. It must have been tempting. It shows young people that there are consequences for bad behavior and Max missed the opportunity of a life time, handed it over to Kevin who made the best of it.

    The Rose Parade was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great game!! I love Elsworth - he's my hero. He was a WALK-ON! I couldn't believe how fun the game was. Congrats to your team and to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also - love the cross stitch. What a great way to preserve your family heritage. And like Jean R. - I was really impressed that they didn't lift his suspension. Good show.

      Delete
  7. It's turning out wonderfully. Aren't you cross eyed by now?

    ReplyDelete