title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Once Again--with Feeling

Today's high temperature was: 30 balmy degrees
Sunny
==================================
Everyone is freaking out about the weather.  I think it is more a "normal" winter, than we've had in a long time.  We had winters like this when I was a kid.  In fact, in 1978 we had 25 inches of snow, overnight and during the day.  My hubby had to stay at the shop in Flint because he could not get home--he arrived 2 days later.  We had so much ice on the road in front of the house, that he and the kids went out and skated up to my Dad's farm.  We thought it was great fun!

Tonight we are getting about 3 inches of snow.  Tomorrow afternoon, it will start again and we will get an additional 6 inches.  My buddy Dan, my snow shoveling out person, will hopefully arrive on Monday morning and earn his $10.  But if he doesn't--I don't need to go anywhere until Wednesday, so......
=======================

...I just watch TV and cross stitch or once in awhile, do some housework--not too much. However, this computer room is so disheveled and dusty that one of these day..........I just might clean it up.



All the wonderful football Bowl Games have given me plenty of time to stitch.
my school.

Filled up the bird feeders today, ran up to the Wal-Mart and got some Diet Pepsi, Milk and Cat food.  We are ready.  Bring it on!!

As long as the power stays on, we will be fine.  Expected to be -30 on Monday.  

5 comments:

  1. I'm all stocked up for the snowstorm, too. I'm suppose to get a haircut on Monday but I might have to cancel as my street is one of the last one to get plowed.

    Love your school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you are probably right. 4 1/2 years ago when this cottage was started a day was never missed on the project - it was a mild winter.
    I was raised in Michigan and use to ski.
    It seems at this time of life I just do not like cold weather but as long as the sun
    is shining and I can sit by the big window I am fine.
    I have to have light and green plants inside :)
    Stay warm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. -30 is seriously cold... Look after yourself and stay snug! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to start cross stitch, but don't know how to draw. I guess they still sell the kids like paint by numbers. LOL

    Yes, please stay as warm as possible, and don't drive anywhere until it's safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -50 here today, i have been out shoveling where the plow has filled in, now time for tea!

    ReplyDelete