title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, January 13, 2014

My Goodness

Today's high temperature was:  44 degrees
Sunny
=============================
It has been above freezing for four days and the snow is going fast, which is good because we have an Alberta Clipper with 3 inches of snow coming into tomorrow.  Hey--it's Michigan and it's January.

I can't believe it has been so long since I've blogged.  I have so much to show you, but haven't received my camera from e-bay as yet.  It's coming ALL the way from New York--the seller is using the excuse of bad weather.  Which may be the case, BUT I so miss my camera.  It just occurred to me that I take photos almost every day!

Let's see--I went to the Rich People's store and thanks to Melissa, I got a nice hunk of yellow cake with an inch of wonderful frosting,  a pound of good ground round, and three salads.

Thanks to daughter Pammie, I went to Wal-Mart and got Diet Pepsi on sale, some cat food, milk and other stuff.

Thanks to my sister Susan, I went to Meijer's and got  a whole bunch of groceries.

Thanks to daughter Karen, I stopped at Subway and got supper.

I got my hair cut Saturday--really short--I still can't use to the color--grey and dark in back, but I like it.

I got my childhood cross stitch all done--that is what I want to show you.  I am still amazed at myself--I don't know how I figured it all out, but it turned out great.

I got a full size baby crib quilt on e-bay for $10.00 and have started it already.  It normally would have cost nearly $70.00 new.  I love the verse.


Let me see--what else have I done.

Changed the furnace filter.  
Cleaned the humidifier.
Sprayed my big shower with my special lime removing mixture and scrubbed it and it is shiny and bright.
Visited with Pearl--she's bored with winter.
Watched a DVD of "Safe Haven", the Nicholas Sparks book that I could not read because it was about spousal abuse, the movie was good.
Watched MSU continue to win their basket ball games.
Got a phone call from Pammie.
Had a visit from Dar--she is having very real health problems.
Watched another DVD about Martin Luther--gave me a new understanding of what he did and why.
A visit from my sister and her hubby--sent last year's files home with him to burn--as they had SS number and credit card numbers on them.
Tried to fix the flush handle on my toilet.  Have to get a new part and I think I can fix it myself.
Watched a movie marathon on Hallmark channel this past Sunday--Janette Oak books. Wonderful stories of pioneer women--the Love Comes Softly series.

I think that's about all the high points of my life this past week.  Oh wait--got a good stare from an old guy at the gas station today.  He was rather cute--tall, not too chubby AND, I noticed his sneakers were untied--which is the way Fred always wore his.  

As soon as I get that camera, I will post pictures of the Childhood cross stitch panel.

Later--Jude

11 comments:

  1. I watched that Hallmark series, too. It's great isn't it.

    Your family sure is great about getting you out and about this winter. That's a real blessing.

    Glad to see you back blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean--I should have explained, it was gift cards from these people that got me out and about. I haven't seen any family members since Christmas--other then my sister's short drop in today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Reading is fundamental. I never picked up on the gift card angle. LOL

      Delete
  3. You wore me out just reading everything you did. Know what I did? Watched football. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like good days and much accomplished.
    Another 50 degree weather today
    and then snow tomorrow.
    Up and down will probably continue for a while.
    But cannot wait for Spring..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this post, Judy. You've gotten so much done, and some fun, some yummy food, and even some lovely looks....NICE way to start of 2014.
    Hope your camera gets there soon as I really look forward to seeing your childhood memories cross stitch creation.
    Feeling better here, off for a final check from the doctor this morning and then back to work tomorrow. I have accomplished a lot during this time at home and feel ready.
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!! I'm sure you can fix your toilet handle yourself. Google a video on how to fix it. I did that and fixed my own ridiculously placed headlight bulb in my car. Men engineer things in the most bizarre ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was beginning to worry about your absence, glad you're OK and it sounds like you've stayed plenty busy.

    Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gift cards are such great gifts. That being said I didn't get a single one this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete