title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

There is a Madness To My Method

Today's high temperature was: 13
Sunny
We have the frigid temperatures again, but the huge snowstorm, passed up by to the south.
I'm sorry, readers to the east--you are going to get dumped on.  :-(
==============================

This morning when I woke up, I opened one eye and peaked at my TODAY IS, flip chart and this is what I saw.



I stared at that day.  What happened?  Did I sleep through a whole day?  Was I losing my mind?  Now--let me ponder on all this.

I know yesterday was Monday--there was no mail and I went to the Chiropractor.

I asked the kids what was going on, but they were more interested in getting their breakfast.


So--I took a wild chance that perhaps I had flipped over two days last night, and didn't notice.  I think I need a flip chart to remind me to check when I flip the TODAY IS chart over, to make sure I have done it right.  Oh well--I take the chance that today is Tuesday, change it and go out to feed the cats.

Geez--there is no method to my madness, just the reverse.

After I had the cats happily slurping up their tablespoon of morning wet cat food, I went into the bathroom.
============================

I have always been a blonde.  I was born a blonde, which turned into a white haired tow-head, which later turned into blonde, which, at about 15, started going mousy.

My Daddy hated the mousy and told my Mother, "Dorathy, put some lemon juice on her hair, or a rinse, or something."  So my Mother bought a "special" shampoo that kept my hair nice and blonde.  

I have colored my hair for....let's see...almost 60 years!!! EGAD!  My driver's license says my hair color is blond.  Every form I fill out says my hair is blond.  My once profile on the dating site said I was a blue-eyed blond and showed a picture(s) to prove it.

See my picture at the top of this page?  Even last summer, I was blonde or blond--whatever.

About six months ago, I decided there was enough grey color coming in that if I quit coloring it, I would have quite beautiful, snow white hair--like my sister has, like my Mother's father had.

Imagine my surprise, when quite suddenly one morning and quite shockingly I might add, I realized that all these years, I have had dark hair under my scalp--those dark hair follicle's wanting to come out and see the world...and so they have.  In actuality, I have been a brunette!!!!!  I do not have the beautiful snow white hair of my Mother's side of the family, I have the dark, really dark hair with grey overtones of my Father's side of the family--none of them ever went totally snow white.

My Chiropractor massage lady said yesterday, "You look different.  You look good, but there is something different."  She couldn't figure it out and I didn't help her because, to tell the truth, every time I see myself in a mirror, I am quite shocked.  

BUT--in my pursuit to find my "authentic" self, (LOL),it's me and I'm not going to change it---at least not right now.




I am quite amused at all of this!

So--let's see.  What else is there-----

I noticed something else this morning--at precisely 9:00 a.m., the sun comes through my computer room windows and does this:



If I were one of those widows searching for SIGNS,
I would think this was one.
BUT--it's not!  It is the sun's movement and when
we Spring Ahead, it will occur at 8:00 a.m.


I don't know if you remember, but last fall, on clearance, I ordered one of those triple-decker planters.

I thought how much fun it would be to plant it with Succulents.


Then I saw this on a website!!
WOW.
However, pondering on this--if I bought all the Succulents AND the cute little houses, that dang thing would cost me a couple hundred dollars!!!  I may have to review my idea?
============================


 Went out--filled feeder with this added to the seed---



He came back..... 


after a few nibbles--he flew off onto the ground--I could see him chewing on snow 





kids tell me, "squirrel runned away"




...and one last thought--

...but, who's counting, right?




12 comments:

  1. My dad had such beautiful white hair; mom's was half grey half brown. If I let mine go, it would be like hers. :(

    I guess your little squirrel friend won't be back for a while, unless he forgets where he's been.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep coloring Sal. Hope you don't get down below freezing--a little bit of cold will make the oranges sweeter--we just don't want them to die!!!

      Delete
  2. Fred's photo is like a widow's Stonehenge. You can tell time by it once a day. LOL But seriously, what a great way to start your day, to see his smile highlighted by the sun.

    I knew those flip cards wouldn't work. Too easy to forget to flip them and screw yourself up or to flip two by mistake. You need to get an atomic clock...always accurate and most of them gives the date, time, year and month.

    Too bad we don't live closer. I have succulents like that to thin every year. I love them. Take a walk around the neighborhood next spring. Maybe you can spot some that a kind neighbor will share. I love that tiered pot! The garden center had one all potted up and, boy, did the want a fortune for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have an atomic clock--and weather station. Seems all I ever look at is the outside temperature and the inside humidity, LOL.

      Delete
    2. I'm not surprised. You are slightly obsessed with weather forecasts and statistics. LOL

      Delete
  3. Love your hair....it is about the same as mine, and I get lots of nice comments about the color so i wish the same for you.
    Anyone who has a succulent garden would LOVE to give you some little slips. My son and wife have a huge stone wall covered with different succulents and she is always looking for homes for cuttings. Look around. I bet in spring you will find one. Also Farmers Mkts are a great source for inexpensive succulents. It think it is a great idea for your planter. Also, you can use little items from thrift shops or unusual pieces of old wood to add interest.
    The sun on Fred's photo really touched my heart. Oh, my, how sweet.
    The blizzard is in full swing here and the wind roared all night. Snow very heavy and has all the windows covered now. So happy to have this extra day off to continue my coughing spree. Work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of the Farmer's Market--thanks Marcia

      Delete
  4. That succulent planter is gorgeous, and what a feast for the eyes this time of year. I can believe that it would be very expensive.

    Isn't that a hoot about your hair? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot. That's cool about the squirrel. I've also read that mixing cayenne pepper into the seed works. The birds do not have the taste buds required to taste it, so they eat merrily along, but the squirrels do not like it.

    I think that's pretty neat about Fred's picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cayenne pepper did not work for me. This stuff has cayenne pepper AND Capsazin powder--and you better not get it on your hands, LOL

      Delete
  6. Fred's photo - amazing. You noticed that God whisper :-) I love your hair! How funny that you are just now learning about your true self!! My grandma had the snow white hair and that's what I keep covering up! I'm too young to look like my grandma! If someone asked me my hair color - I'd say... i don't know - let's go with auburn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auburn--for the time being--right? When I heard Purdue University, I got so scared and started praying. I am so glad you are all right, Melissa. We just never expect these kinds of things at our lovely, moderate, low-key mid-west colleges. Such violence in this world! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete