title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday--I Think?

Today's  high temperature was:  39 degrees
Sunny
================================
Seriously friends, I think I am going to type the days of the week on separate sheets, so I can flip over at night, so when I wake up I know what day it is.  I could have sworn, all day today, it felt like a Friday.  I am seriously worried about my mental capabilities!!!
=========================

I was just wondering, last weekend, about Ariel Sharon.  If he were still alive and then, I heard on TV, that he had died.  He has been in a coma for 8 years!  They have kept him on life support for that long, until his organs finally just shut down.  Of course, here in the USofA, he would  have been disconnected from life support.  There had been brain activity, so I don't suppose he was dead all this time...or was he?  I was told, long ago, that a person wasn't completely dead as long as the machine showed brain activity--not until they "flat-lined" were they truly dead.  I get confused by that.  Nowadays with all the machines that are available, is it right to keep someone "alive" as long as possible?  Better in the old days when you went into a coma they just let you go naturally and no one had to make the awful decision to take a loved one off life support.

So glad, I have never had to make that decision.  I know that Fred never wanted to be on life support, but...what would I have done if his heart was still beating and his chest was moving up and down?  I might have thought he might come back?  I might have thought he was still alive?  Oh well--it would have been his kid's decision--thank you God, we never had to make the decision.
==========================

I took this test today--it was fun and I liked my results.
http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortality/perl/CalcForm.html

When I posted, yesterday, about what I had done--that was not all in one day.  It was accomplished over four days time period.  Sorry if I confused you.

I have a plan!! You know the baby quilts I have been cross stitching?  I have made 3 and started working on the 4th one.  I said they were being put away for any great grandchildren.  I have decided to make 9 of the quilts.  One to go to the first born child of each of my grand children.  I have now released any guilt I had about making these. (Because in reality, they are merely projects to keep me busy).  LOL

I sure wish that camera would get here!!!

Prayers tonight for blogger friends, friends here in Michigan--many very ill with the flu or pneumonia, one friend's mother has sepsis infection and one dear blogger buddy's daughter is in hospital with gastric problems.

I watched Mother Angelica tonight.  My daughter Karen thinks it strange that I, a protestant, would watch a TV show of a Catholic Nun, but...I really like her.  The shows are from the 1990's, as she is no longer on TV.  She is in her nineties now.  I just like her no nonsense advice and how we should live. 

Here is the best I could do on a picture of the baby quilt I am working on.  I had to scan the picture off the kit to show you.  It is a full size quilt, so it will take me many months to finish--which is a good thing.  I love the verse.



See ya tomorrow---Jude

5 comments:

  1. I have one of those atomic clocks that tells the time, date, day of the week and year. It's the first thing I look at every morning. Very helpful!

    I did have to make the decision to take my husband off from the machines. He lived less than ten-fifteen minutes afterward. I was surprised at how little time it took. The doctor who I had to talk to beforehand made me wait over an hour for "the talk" and that was the hardest part for me---the waiting, not the decision. He was very compassionate afterward and told me how courageous I was in my choice. When we need to step up to the plate, most of us are able to do these difficult things without second guessing ourselves.The ones I feel badly for are adult kids when they can't agree and there isn't anything on paper. That's why it's so important to have directives and a person appointed to be in charge of those kinds of decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I haven't ever had to make that decision ever. ;(

    Good for you on the quilts - I know they'll be appreciated (when the time comes, and it will). :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes.....progress is so but steady. Still home.
    I love your idea to do the quilts. Doing a similar process for all my children and grandchildren has brought me a lot of peace and also creative spark. As long as I have a project going I feel so happy. I can see it is the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so admire you, how you put your words out in the world. I would love to be the receiver of a quilt my grandma had made. What a blessing you are - even now to those someday great grandbabies!
    Don't feel bad - I work 5 days a week and cant keep track of what day it is - I swore today was Thursday when I woke up!
    Have a blessed day, and hope the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a medical directive and living will. I do not want to be kept alive by artificial means. I've also told my son to support H when the time comes because he will only be carrying out my wishes. He promised me he would.

    My sister's husband was on life support. There was no brain activity and the doctor and nurses started talking to her about making a decision. Thankfully, she did not have to make the decision himself. He died on his own.

    ReplyDelete