title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, January 24, 2014

It's A Cold Day In Hell

Hell froze over!
a small town south/west of here

Today's high temperature was: 9
Windy and bitter

================================
I found out the greatest thing!!!  Balisha had lost my blog address.  She sent me an e-mail requesting it and I sent it back to her.  Her statement was, "You are hard to find!"  Which just reinforces the comfort I have in knowing all my searching and removing my blog address from search engines has worked!  Now--no distant cousin or family members can find it.  This pleases me :-)
========================
Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber--they all started out as such lovely young innocent singers and movie stars--what happened?  Too much--too soon?  If Justin gets in more trouble, they are saying they may deport him back to Canada!

I have a friend that takes beautiful photos.  Well--she is Pammie's friend and Pammie's age, but I feel like she is one of my own kids and I am so proud of her.  She started less then a year ago, but she sure has the God-given talent, that comes from an artist"s eye, to see wonderful content.  She has just set up a website and I wanted to promote and post her link here.  Go in and look around.  Click on the different albums and then, click on "show all". Thanks.
http://rebeccasrjgphotography.zenfolio.com/p704408882

==========================
I bit my fingernails most of my life.  Not down to the quick, but more of a hook one side and tear it off to the other.  (I also use to bit my toenails--but that is another story.)  About 25 years ago, I started using the glue on nails.  I didn't leave them long, just above the end of my finger a bit and polished them a nice, soft mauve.  My long fingers looked nice with long nails and the glued ones stayed on for quite a few weeks.  Then, one time I noticed that the glued on nails were starting to cause the real nail underneath to sort of become deformed.  I quit using them and noticed that I didn't bite my fingernails anymore and...man, my own nails took off and grew like crazy.  I let them become quite long and was quite vain about them--using hand gestures more when I talked--that sort of thing.

The other day I noticed that the index finger on my left hand as developed an arthritis bump and the end of my finger is becoming bent off to the side.  OHMYGOSH!!!  I've developed my Daddy's arthritic hands!!!
Can you see that index finger--getting crooked and bumpy?
So--I trimmed all my finger nails back!!
I was enthralled with my left hand because, as you can see,
my right hand is not too attractive with 1/4 of my index finger gone!
========================

Well--I have to rant!  I posted on Face Book about a young woman friend of mine who can't get health insurance.  Well, the young woman is my Pammie!!  We talked about it last Sunday.

She isn't in bad health, does not have a pre-existing condition, she hasn't any outstanding medical bills and she is not pregnant, so even though she is poor, she can't get Medicaid.  She called to see about getting set up with ObamaCare.  She can't get the subsidy because she doesn't qualify for Medicaid.  She was told that she should go to the doctor, get a lot of tests done and then--when she received the bills that she cannot pay, Medicaid will pay them for her.  Pam's reasoning is, why would she want to rack up a whole lot of medical bills, knowing she can't pay them, in hopes that she MIGHT get on Medicaid.  What if they turned her down or wouldn't pay all the bills.  So she told the lady, she just wanted some low cost health insurance.

She would HAVE TO HAVE maternity coverage--even though she is 55 and through menopause!  When she and the lady finally got it all settled, on what she needed--the cost was way more then Pammie can pay.  There is one good thing, Pammie will not have to pay the tax penalty for not being insured because--SHE IS SO POOR SHE DOESN'T MAKE ENOUGH TO FILE INCOME TAXES!!!!!

You all know by now, that I have NO love for that man who lounges around the White House, but I thought perhaps his health care plan might help Pammie.  It does not!!  It is the most convoluted law I have ever witnessed.  My other kids health insurance policies all went up--at least 1/3 AND their deductibles also--from $1,200 to $2,500.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS PEOPLE!!!

So, tonight I heard on the news that it's a good thing Pammie can't get on Medicaid BECAUSE,. you may be poor enough for it, BUT if you have any assets--like a house, 
which is not included when you sign up for Welfare, WHEN YOU DIE--under ObamaCare, the government will MAKE your heirs sell the house (even if it has been Willed to them) to pay for what Medicaid paid for your medical care.

Pardon my French, but this is FRIGGING UNBELIEVABLE!!!
...and Pammie voted for him twice!!!  She ought to get some help just for being one of his constituents and her error in judgment!!!
=============================

I got an early morning call from my sister, Susan.  She and her hubs were shopping in Howell and they were coming to visit and bring me lunch.  What did I want?  "Two soft tacos please."

I told you that I was having a difficulty trying to figure out where to hang my new cross stitch.  I told Susie, she got up, took down the crocheted piece our great grandmother had done and said, "It needs to go here."...and the amazing thing is--I had the crochet piece hung on two hooks AND my long, narrow cross stitch frame hangers, just happened to fall in the same spots, so the piece hangs there perfectly.  

My sister, like our Mother, has a talent for decorating, and making little vignettes--a talent I have never possessed and will never, so of course, the picture looks great there.  I had thought to put it above the star, but it looks so much better under the star.



Perfect for all to see when they enter the front door
===========================================


I love this blog community we are joined in.  I think of most of you everyday.  When I hear the west side of our state is being hit with a huge amount of lake effect snow--I think of Jean and wonder if she is doing all right.  When I heard of the cold spell down in Florida, I worried about Sally, running around in 30 degree temperatures in her flip flops.  

When I heard of the shooting at Purdue University, my heart jumped and I started praying for Melissa's safety.  A blizzard hitting Cape Cod--oh my gosh, is Marcia going to be all right.  Icy roads in the Detroit area--are Jeanette and Debbie going to be able to get to work without getting in an accident. Is Deb's new greenhouse going to collapse! Heavy snowfall in Pennsylvania--I think of Judy Frey and my friend at Muse and Amuse.  

Snow and cold with icy roads in Texas?  How is Karen going to manage--Texans don't know how to drive in that kind of weather!  Then of course, there's Ernestine--living in the woods, way back from the road.  Is there anyone who checks on her and Cali to make sure they are okay?  Joanie--way up in Winnipeg--they have more snow then we do.  She'll be okay though--she has Gord and a 4-wheel drive vehicle.  

Judy C.--oh, she's okay.  They are wintering in Florida.  Pat and Cathy--they should be okay.  Their hubby's aren't too healthy lately, but they will be okay, at least they have husband's to share all of this with.  Jody--she has kids that check on her, she'll be taken care of and Bella--Dear Bella, living on the Cul-De-Sac--neighbors nice and close.  

What about Marla?  They got so much snow in Indiana.  She has to get to work and...she has two big dogs that have to be walked. Lisa too--living in the same area--she has to get to work and she can't if her daughter's school is closed.

When someone in my blog family is going in for tests, or their hubby has surgery--they are immediately at the top of my prayer list.  When someone has a new grand babe, I cry tears of happiness.  I find it amazing that you all feel closer to me and I know more about you than friends I have known since Kindergarten.  

We do get involved in each others lives--don't we?  How wonderful it is.  We are spread all over the map and yet--we are very close.  I just don't know what I would do without my friends in the blog world!!!
========================
Well ladies--tonight we are getting snow and fierce winds.  I have my front storm door tied with a stout string that comes through the door jamb and ties around my inner front door handle.  I had the wind catch that storm door once and slammed it back against the porch railing, where it smashed to bits.  I can't afford to go through that again.  Faucets will be on the trickle tonight, with cabinet doors under the sinks opened.  More snow on Sunday and then even colder temperatures next week.

I don't mind hibernating, as you all know--I enjoy being closed up inside in the winter, but...this is beginning to wear a bit even on me!!  

I will see you on Monday.  Love to all---Jude

10 comments:

  1. When I read your blogs, I always have a hard time deciding what to comment about because if I comment on everything that intrigues me or interests me then I end up writing a book. One thing for sure I want to say is how lovely your very special cross-stitch in the antique looks hanging under the star! That's a perfect decorating composition.

    I've hear people complain about the new rule about Medicaid being able to get the money they spend on someone after they did out of the assets they leave behind but that's one Republican addition to the law that I agree with. I don't see how that is much different from what they've been doing all along when people our age go into a nursing home and you're required to private pay until you spend down your assets to pay the nursing home costs before the government kicks in to pick up the tab. Maybe I'm missing something but why is it so wrong to pay our own medical expenses from what we leave behind? All someone would have to do to get around the law---to keep a centennial home in the family, for example---would be to draw up a trust five year prior to getting sick and needing a nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on that big-eared jerk. He has also messed things up for Medicare and Medicare Supplement plans...he wants everyone to be beholden to the US government for their health insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, thank you for remembering me.
    Somedays the phone rings a lot
    and other days it does not.
    Just not the same when I called my mother or
    she called me twice a day.
    So
    what do you do
    better accept
    nothing is like it use to be :)
    Take care
    surely Spring will arrive on time..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Judy, I think of everyone when I see something on the news that happens in their state. I thought about Marla yesterday when I saw the huge pile up in Indiana. I even dreamed about it because it was on my mind so much.

    Your cross stitch is lovely there with the star. What a prize that will be for one of your kids.

    The trust is the way to go for Pammie. My father put his house in my brother's name many years ago, but when I stepped in to keep Dad at home, money didn't become an issue until we got caregivers. His social covered some but my brother paid the rest and we used some Dad's savings. But the nursing home would have taken everything that was in Dad's name if we hadn't brought him home, then medicaid would have stepped in. My aunt had medicaid but she was destitute. She had nothing. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I managed the ice in the most intelligent way! I stayed put in my house - with the exception of going to the neighborhood nail place for my pedi!!

    Many people are foregoing their blogs to post on Facebook. I won't do that because all of my family is on Facebook. If I need to vent - well - it goes on the blog. There ARE things my family doesn't need to read.

    Jude - just one comment on the Health Insurance debacle. Rates have been going up. Those companies are in it for the money - no altruism with them. They love the idea that now they can get rid of the "little" policies and blame someone else. It is true there are things included in Obama care that were once able to be not included in care. In our area, at least, we are paying royally for those without insurance (young healthy people included here) because when something happens - they go into our indegent care system at the county administered hospitals. (G used to work for the Hospital District, so I am really aware of the system)

    I am sorry about Pammie's situation. I truely believe you also believe if those who we voted to speak for us (and DON"T) would learn to negotiate and not look to their next election, things would be so much better off.

    (Sorry for the political part, but..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for thinking of us, Judy! I too love our blog community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet, Judy to think of your blog friends;. I must be sweet also because I do the same thing! LOL

    Aww, I'm sorry also to hear about Pam's problems with getting insurance. I'd have to agree that a revocable trust would be the way to go unless she quit claimed it to someone within the specified time frame. A trust can just be typed up, witnessed and notarized. I had one for a long time when I had property in my name; now however since I don't, not problem. I feel like actually that I've given to my family and passing without a will they already know they can have whatever possessions they want.

    Love the beautiful cross stitch under the star; perfection personified. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quick claim doesn't work in our state, Sally, because when someone goes in a nursing home or dies they look at property records to see if you've transferred property in recent years. They consider it hiding assets. Also, if you get well again with a quick claim you've actually given your property away and might not get it back from that person---they have no legal obligation to do do---where trusts you can change whenever you like.

      Delete
  8. Sweet Judy - you are so right - there are a few blog writers who are "friends" and they do know more about me than my real friends. While that's a little sad on one hand, it feels like our blog friends aren't judgmental, and won't gossip about our trials and family hurts. I'm not putting my life on the Faceboak any time soon! LOL
    Thinking of you and hope you can stay warm and water running! It's brutal outside!

    ReplyDelete