title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World........

Today's high temperature was:  72 degrees
Today's humidity was : 36%
Once again--Sunny, breezy, beautiful!
============================================
I think the reason I got flirted with yesterday was my pheromones.  You know--I was a bit stinky, with that musky, female smell?  That must be it, because I just looked in my mirror tonight and I look TERRIBLE!  My eyelids are so low--I need a lift--my eyes look hooded.  Around my eyes is red--all the time now--I have dark spots on my face and wrinkles on my neck.  My hair is way too short and is getting grey.  I look so terrible, that when I saw my expression in the mirror, it startled me and I said right out loud, "Oh Dear God.  I look awful!"  I look sick and really, like I am half dead!!! Quite a shock actually. As you will see later in the photos posted.
======================================

I wanted to tell you--I have sold three sets of books on E-Bay and 1 lone book on Amazon.com.  I collect certain authors, keeping the books, thinking I will read them again, but I usually don't.  I usually give them to The Salvation Army or the library, but this time---I sold all my Nicholas Sparks books, the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber and my (Father Tim) Mitford series by Jan Karon--total= $107.00.  The strange thing is, I have a James Herriot book, that is a First Edition, First Printing, that just doesn't seem to want to sell--and I only want 8.00 for it.  Hm-mm.
=========================
This is what happened when I opened the refrigerator door this morning.  Oh Oh!!
Now, if I was Pearl, I would use this excuse to go out and buy a new refrigerator.


But--I am Jude.  Household repair woman extraordinaire!
So, I gathered my tools.  Gorilla glue and duct tape.
Didn't need the WD40 for this job.


I do not have C-clamps, so I put duct tape on, to hold it while the glue dried.


Bada Boom, Bada Bing, fixed.  Good as new!!

==============================================================

Then I decided it was time to clean the shower stall.  I made up a spray bottle of my wonderful bathroom/sink/tile cleaning mixture.  12 oz. vinegar, warmed for 2 minutes in the microwave.  12 oz. of BLUE Dawn dish washing detergent, 12 oz. water.  Wet down the shower stall, sprayed on the cleaner, let it set for 20 minutes, scrubbed it down with my mop (ouch, the shoulders and arms hurt again) rinsed it off with the hottest water possible AND, shining again and it doesn't pit or hurt the shower stall material in any way.  The shower walls felt kind of rough with calcium and lime build-up--afterwards, smooth and nice!!
The same cleaning solution I used on the back of my shed.
I could have put bleach in this solution, but--forget.


===============================================
Then, I came out to get ready for my big night!!!  The football game and the Marching Band!!
The last two days, Maggie has taken too laying
like this on the couch.  Usually she has her front paws crossed,
her head on them and naps on the couch.
Sweet girl.  Bitey, but sweet.
=========================================
I drove into Brighton, parked in the Meijer's parking lot and Karen and Mark picked me up and off to the high school football field we went.  I walked farther tonight then I have in about 5 years.  We parked on the east side of the new stadium and walked way around to the west side.  Probably 1/4 mile.  Up the bleacher steps to get to our seat.  Bleacher steps have really high risers--never noticed that before, but I did have a hand rail.  During the third quarter, I walked to the bathroom and back--another 1/4 mile total, back up the bleacher steps. Afterwards, 1/4 mile back to the car.  Almost a mile!  Doesn't sound far, but it was for me.

Here at home--I can barely make it down to the lake, which is only about 1/8 mile, WHICH MEANS--I have been lazy.  Tomorrow I am going out and walk around the block.  DAMMIT--I can do it!!
===================================

I was there to see my grand daughter Madeleine, who is a Senior this year (gasp) in the marching band.  They are called the Marching 200, but actually there are 245 kids in the band.  245 kids!!!  That is about the total number of kids who were in my school, from K-12.  

Imagine--that number in just the band.  I have 3 other kids in the band that I absolutely adore as much as my own grand children.  Drew, who also plays the horn.  Brian, who plays horn and Matt, who plays trombone, but this time of year, is the main Drum Major.  These kids are fantastic!!  I might note here that these kids come from quite wealthy families, so they have private music lessons--they attend band camp and are quite privileged.  You'd never know it however.  They are not stuck up, they are so respectful and polite--blows my mind.  Matt attended West Point this summer for training.  They are ALL involved in the Leadership Club at school--open only to Seniors.  They call me Gram Gram!   

I had the most wonderful time--cried on the way home because, through the miracle I experienced with my last hip surgery--I can once again LIVE!!!  Also--family times are getting more and more and MORE important to me every day.  I will attend every thing Maddie is involved in this year--because, 9 months from now, all the great times I have had watching those 5 kids of Karen's, grow up and all their school functions, will end.  AND by the looks of the pictures taken of me tonight--I just hope I make it!!!!!

On the way into the stadium, we had to stop and pay homage
to granddaughter #2 (Susanna) for the school record she
still holds from 2004, for the 800 (track).


 Susie Rivard
By the way, she and hubby Derek qualified last week to run
in the Boston Marathon next April.  I told her to wear a 
flak jacket. (Because of the bombing this year.)


...and here they come!
 Matt--my other adopted grandson, is the one in the middle.
 and, by the way, he has been told he has a very good chance of being the drum major
for Michigan State University marching band next fall!!!

Madeleine--over that fat guys right shoulder.



I was several rows up and had my zoom lens, but he saw me!!!
I love the way his ears stick out.
Matthew--I adore him.

Maddie and Drew, the other adopted grandson.  He is
President of the Senior Class!!!
Isn't he adorable!!!

The drum line doing their thing.  Great!

Maddie is gorgeous without make-up.  Gramma--see what I mean?
I look terrible!!!!!  I hope I didn't embarrass her!!!
Nobody flirting with this old hag for sure!!!


I don't know this Bulldogs name, but I know he was pooped out!!!
Their mascot.


I didn't get a picture of Brian, my other adopted grandson, but Karen did and will e-mail it to me.  His name is Brian Tang.  I call him "Ting Tang"--because of the Witch Doctor song?  Oo ee oo ah ah, tin tang, walla walla bing bang, remember that one?  Of course, these youngsters never heard that song.  Hope I don't embarrass them!!!
=======================================
I feel wonderful right now--close to midnight, and I know I won't be able to find sleep for a few more hours. I am totally GEEKED--or hyper or high, whatever.  I had the most wonderful time tonight.

Time to take a Naproxen so I can get out of bed tomorrow--see ya, Jude












   

















5 comments:

  1. You don't look terrible! You just look your age and that's hard to get used to...I know, I'm struggling with accepting that, too. You and your granddaughter----there's no mistaking that you two are related. That photo gives us an idea of what you looked like at her age.

    My husband was a huge (but harmless) flirt up until the end. Age didn't matter with him. What matter with him was personality...openness, women looking him in the eye. I'll bet the day you got flirted with you were in a good mood. Others can pick up on that thus giving a flirt all the invitation he need. It's just in some people's DNA to flirt. My husband's father was the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so exciting to hear,, look at you off and running... I love it.keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so exciting to hear,, look at you off and running... I love it.keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best tip on thr vinegar mixture. Bleach is so toxic; it's horrible for my pitiful lungs. Vinegar is a great product for so many household chors.

    So glad you enjoyed yourself at the game. Family is everything, especially at our age.

    I'm impressed with your refrigerator repair job. You are both cleaver and resourceful. I've heard that Gorilla Glue will getter done.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are able to do so much since your hip replacement! From attending High School Football games to making your own home repairs...you rock!

    ReplyDelete