title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 27, 2013

I Love This Weather!!

Today's high temperature was: 74 degrees
Today's humidity was: low
Bright, sunny and gorgeous!
========================================

Not too bad a view out my front/computer room windows.



Views from my chair--my east window--to the left.


The view straight ahead--south-west


To my right and ahead--my kitchen--west 


Kitchen, over the sink view



Out my bathroom window view 


View from my bed 


Perhaps not the views I would prefer, but the views I have.  

============================================
I worked some more on the porch.  It appears I can only work 2 hours before my neck and shoulders start aching and my arms and hands start trembling from being tired.  It's slow going, but I am kind of liking it.  I think, I would still preferred it to be paint instead of stain--I wanted a nice, hard finish...so...when it wears off, next time I will get a good exterior paint and do it my way.

I have known, in the past month, three elderly gentlemen who have died as results of falls.  Not from the actual fall, but weeks or months later.  My father, also died as a result of a fall.  A fall, he didn't think too much of, but ten days later was hospitalized and three days later---gone.  I wonder what it is that causes death?  Somehow, the organs start shutting down.  Perhaps there is internal bruising?

I am really ticked off at this whole aging process.  I know, I shouldn't complain.  As my best friend used to say, "As long as I'm on the topside of the grass, I'm happy."  I am very lucky--quite a few of my friends and classmates have passed on.  I just get frustrated.  When I think of the amount of work I used to do when I first moved in here, ten summers ago.  I put in new gardens, bought and hauled 40# bags of top soil and Canadian peat to loosen up the clay.  Planted 5 flats of Impatiens every summer under the Lilac bushes.    Washed the windows, inside and out--all at the same time.  Rearranged furniture, moved things around; mowed my own lawn and shoveled the snow off my driveway.

Now--I can't even stand and paint for two hours?   I just can't get used to a simple chore taking days to do, instead of hours.  I still feel 50 years old in my mind and on the Real Age Scale, I am only 70.5 years old, but in reality?    AND, I always have this feeling that these things must be done because I am running out of time.  I have the feeling most of the time, that I am not that far away from death.

Oh well--onward and upward--ever forward!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Judy, I wish you didn't feel that way! Of course, we can't do what we could in the past, but we're both very blessed that we can still do things not as quickly perhaps!

    I try to take one day at the time; but I never feel that death is imminent or worry about it. I wish you didn't either. Love you very much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the way my life seems to gallop by so I think I understand a little of what you are thinking. Already Im scared that I haven't got enough time to do everything with, and listen to my loved ones. I guess all we can do is our best....
    Your home looks lovely and sunny at the moment. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that sense of time passing by at warp speed, too. There never seems to be enough time.

    Love the pics. Your home looks cozy and welcoming...just like your blog. It says, "Come on in and sit for awhile."
    Bella Rum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures
    and know in your heart
    that somewhere
    there is someone who
    understands much you share.
    So much I want to do
    and now just trying to heal
    Always in the past it was quick
    and now been 3 weeks
    and may take longer this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, Judy, I feel that way sometimes too. Like I'm running out of time. Especially while waiting to have grandchildren. Must just be human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add me to the list that feels frustrated and not one bit happy that I'm aging.too fast. I hate that feeling and there isn't any cure for it, that I can see.

    You were a power house worker in your past. I'll bet now you can still out work others in our age bracket. I know you can outwork me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Jude, checking in to say hi and see what you are up too. i agree with you on this aging stuff. even tho im 53.. i was 15 years younger when we moved here and i planted all these gardens ect.. this big yard and big house is alot to keep up with and those aches and pains sure show up... we have lots of old established huge trees soo lots to do in the fall. oh well plug along and do as much as we can right? sounds like you are keeping busy and i love the views from your windows! enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete